Zigzag indicators - page 10

Files:

zigzag always repaint.. until it find high and low or HH or LL.. just use zigzag to identify cs formation and as visual aid telling that the price will reverse anytime.. if there any un repaint zigzag out there im sure glad to hear it and i would like to have it as well..

hi

high low zigzag doesn't repaint , just watch previous high bar/low bar and u can understand high low zigzag works

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

there isn't , its by definiation of the zigzag to always look for HH or LL , you are right

limestreamx:
zigzag always repaint.. until it find high and low or HH or LL.. just use zigzag to identify cs formation and as visual aid telling that the price will reverse anytime.. if there any un repaint zigzag out there im sure glad to hear it and i would like to have it as well..

FXBabe:
Hi there,

I wanted a version of zig zag that does not repaint. This means when a new leg of zigzag is formed and immediately when that particular price bar closes an arrow is put on that bar to indicate that it was previously the last leg of zig zag. This arrow does not disappear or move.

I was given the below indicator. Has anyone used it? Does it satisfy the conditions above? I tested it and most of the time its ok, but few times after the close of the bar, the arrow disappears.

Your input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173514 may be usefull about how zigzag works/coded.

i guess combination of both would satisfy painters and repainters:

- current situation interpreted by zz and history (canceled signal - also vary valuable signal)

pict: standard mt4 zz and zz-pointer+ zz-hi-lo and +dot (all posted above)

also: labtrend1_v2 -a bit different indi and settings than +dot(posted fxChick)

+dot (SilverTrend_Signal.mq4):

RISK=3;

CountBars=350;

SSP=9; (period)

labtrend1_v2 Labtrend1_v2 - MQL4 Code Base :

Risk =3; //Price Channel narrowing factor (1..10)

TimeFrame =0; //TimeFrame in min

Signal =1; //Display signals mode

ColorBar =1; //Display color bars mode: 0-no,1-yes

SoundAlertMode=0; //Sound Alert switch

-----------

choose your poison

p.s. btw - nobody knows what exactly sisipi - (SSP) abrev. stands for?

Files:

There is a discussion and interesting picture of a zigzag indicator: icustom ZigZag - MQL4 forum I am not good at coding ,I am learning.İf someone have a look at the code that would be great.

Also I have found these 2 zigzag indicators in a Russian forum.The problem is İ_Model ZZ indicator doesn't appear on the chart, any suggestion?

Files:
ads305z.bmp  248 kb
zz1.gif  24 kb
zz2.gif  27 kb

also - zz and zz-correct: canceled tops (signals) stays on the chart

Files:

mystified:
There is a discussion and interesting picture of a zigzag indicator: icustom ZigZag - MQL4 forum I am not good at coding ,I am learning.İf someone have a look at the code that would be great. Also I have found these 2 zigzag indicators in a Russian forum.The problem is İ_Model ZZ indicator doesn't appear on the chart, any suggestion?

i-model zz requires (works with) indicator "i_ZigZag_NK" - exact file name

[works fine here]

Files:

fxbs:
i-model zz requires (works with) indicator "i_ZigZag_NK" - exact file name [works fine here]

When looking at the i-model zz (red color) the leg of zz not at the peak or valley so what the based calculation of this indi because it look different with other standard zz?

Reason: