The Murrey Math Trading System - page 18

Clarification Of Signals

All who contribute to this thread,

First thank you for all your efforts and time putting together one of the best programs in the forex market.

I have been reading throughout the thread and downloaded the latest of everything. I am using the template and indicators provided by XARD777. Absolutely awesome!!

However, my adjustment to the system is somewhat bumpy. I see how the lines and angles work. My questions are:

What is the signifigance of a butterfly at the beginning of a down trend? I only see them at the top and only partial (green) butterflys at the bottom of an uptrend.

Do the butterflys correspond with the signal arrows?

What are the rows of pricing data in the price trend window?

What other information is used for an entry/exit point? I see today that the GBP/USD basically was hung up under the 2/8 line and bumping along.

What stop loss/limit guidelines do you use? I have made some entries but keep getting stopped out (demo)?

I'm learning the MM theory and it makes sense to me. I'm trying not to "read" into anything, however I want to ensure I'm off on the right track.

Again, thank you for putting this together and sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

Happy Trading!

Best regards,

Kevin

Price trend

For those who want more info about price trend, see this:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Xard

thanks a lot for your effort. Why supersignal keeps showing down signals when price is going upwards?

supersignal is redrowing itself,it is not reliable

RE MM Lines Description More info

Hi Xard777

Thanx for your awesome charts and contributions I'm still learning more about MM For anyone wanting to learn more I found more info about MM lines, Circles of Conflict, Squares, rules exceptions etc at

http://www.foretrade.com/MM_description.htm

This is truly a great system.I have made good money with it...I do have a few questions that I would be very grateful if answered:

!. What is MM Time Frame as you can see it on the chart (attached) but I don't know how to use it.

2. On the PT why does it list multiple1/8 2/8 etc values.

3. The perfect setup, please correct me if I'm wrong: Wait for price to reach it's extremes, wait for the sell signal, then wait for confirmation from PT breaking through median line.

Thanks In Advance!

Files:

Looks like USD/JPY is setting for a short...we'll wait and see.

Hehe. I was bored. Today i was thinking about ways to get the clutter off my candles and remembered the PriceTrend indicator i found in this thread that plotted price, in the form of a line-chart, against two moving averages. So i did some tweaking and took it a step further... here is the result (and you can download it if you wish from here):

Anywoo, What you see is a naked chart...then this pretty little indicator below. It is comprised of three moving averages that have "Trend" indicators attachted to their code, plus another four moving averages...all set against price (shown here as the thick black line).

All moving averages can have Period, Type, PriceMode changed per user. All colors can be changed. And the three trends can be any Period.Type.Mode you choose. Once price goes above below the mini, there is a signal given, then once the Mini is above/below the Main, and signal is given, then lastly, once the Main is above/below the Major, another signal is given.

This is all open code, so with a choice of any 7MAs, and 3 trends, this should be a happy addition to many models out there.

The defaults are set to my use of the 144 tunnel loosely modeled on the V1hr and GANN numbers, Harmonic Beats.

Anywhoo, that's what this doodler, doodled on a doodlin day off.

Cheers,

Thom

accrete:

All moving averages can have Period, Type, PriceMode changed per user. All colors can be changed. And the three trends can be any Period.Type.Mode you choose. Once price goes above below the mini, there is a signal given, then once the Mini is above/below the Main, and signal is given, then lastly, once the Main is above/below the Major, another signal is given.

This is all open code, so with a choice of any 7MAs, and 3 trends, this should be a happy addition to many models out there.

The defaults are set to my use of the 144 tunnel loosely modeled on the V1hr and GANN numbers, Harmonic Beats.

Anywhoo, that's what this doodler, doodled on a doodlin day off.

Cheers,

Thom

Good mod and nice webpage

I´m interested in your indicator that draws trendlines.

Regards.

To all,

I'm very busy and hardly find any time to read this thread....

Hope I can join this thread very soon again.....

I'm sure we 'get them' with MM AND Market Profile

Catch you later.

Regards,

Reason: