The Murrey Math Trading System - page 15

It is beautiful, thanks

xard777 or other MM pros,

Could you please take a look at my charts. What do you think will happen to the price of GBPJPY? The price of this pair is directly correlated to the price of GBPCHF & CHFJPY (GBPCHF * CHFJPY = GBPJPY)

What happens when it is btwn 6/8 & 5/8 on the day chart and just closing below 3/8 on 4hr?

The reason why I ask is because I have a buy at 221.99. From the looks of the charts, not a good place to be. Too bad the buy was entered on another signal and before I looked more carefully at the MM.

TIA,

dee

Files:
sept15.gif  171 kb

Does anyone have this??

I've searched for the Murrey Math indicator which automatically lables each line with text. If anyone has a version of this indicator could you please upload it. I have attached a image I found for reference.

Thanks,

TK

Files:
murreymath1.gif  24 kb

MM Labels Indicator

theking:
I've searched for the Murrey Math indicator which automatically lables each line with text. If anyone has a version of this indicator could you please upload it. I have attached a image I found for reference.

Thanks,

TK

This is what you are after you can change where the labels are on the chart by altering the number mml_shft = 35; in the code the original setting is 3 but it is set at 35 at present to keep the labels away from the current price.

mm_labellevels_2.mq4

Files:

Hello all.

I've been learn Murrey Math for the past few weeks and have been so far impressed.

The question I have is about the charts from his website I see posted that have the "circles of conflict" in them.

Is there an indicator for MT4 that does that?

Wouldn't it be helpful or am I missing something?

Thanks it's working great also thanks for the heads up about shifting the labels. Been looking all over for this now I just have to make sure it re-calcualtes correctly when switching between multiple time frames. Thanks again!

TK

cja:
This is what you are after you can change where the labels are on the chart by altering the number mml_shft = 35; in the code the original setting is 3 but it is set at 35 at present to keep the labels away from the current price. mm_labellevels_2.mq4

MM Levels

theking:
Thanks it's working great also thanks for the heads up about shifting the labels. Been looking all over for this now I just have to make sure it re-calcualtes correctly when switching between multiple time frames. Thanks again! TK

I have tested it and it does appear to recalculate properly as far as i can tell

I have been using this indicator for a long time with no problems, I have also got the same indicator with a separate Data window for the High/Low figures instead of having the comments on the chart.

mm_labellevels_data_1.mq4

Files:

Ok, I have few more questions now.

When you're looking at the MM on a short time frame, say M5, when should it recalculate the numbers? I took a short earlier on the M5 time frame when it closed under the 3/8th's (actually the baby 2/8th's under that) with the target of 1/8th's line. Went perfect and hit the 1/8th and reversed. An hour or so later I come back and look at the chart again and now it's gone all the way back up and hit the 8/8th line and reversed (still M5). It's now just under the 7/8th's line.

What is confusing me is that the 1/8th where I originally took profit has become the 4/8th's line. I realize it recalculates, but when?

The other question I had is how to figure out what period to use on what time frame. Do you use a shorter or longer MM period depending on the time frame of the chart? How do know what are valid numbers?

I see that 64 is the standard, but how do I figure out what other numbers I can use?

Last, in reference to my earlier question, does anyone know about the template that Murrey uses with all the lines and the "circles of conflict"?

Hagbard Celine:
Ok, I have few more questions now.

When you're looking at the MM on a short time frame, say M5, when should it recalculate the numbers? I took a short earlier on the M5 time frame when it closed under the 3/8th's (actually the baby 2/8th's under that) with the target of 1/8th's line. Went perfect and hit the 1/8th and reversed. An hour or so later I come back and look at the chart again and now it's gone all the way back up and hit the 8/8th line and reversed (still M5). It's now just under the 7/8th's line.

What is confusing me is that the 1/8th where I originally took profit has become the 4/8th's line. I realize it recalculates, but when?

It recalculated depend on your chart TF. When TF 30M, it's mean every 30minutes the line will change. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Reason: