Pivot indicators - page 14

In need of enlightenement.......

I'm just thinking this one through out loud hear, so bear with me. Appears logical, but...........who said FX or trading is logical.......

There are 3 major Fx trading timezones with commonly accepted trading hours.

I am wondering whether in each timezone traders keep their own pivot points, rather than use each others (e.g UK pivots for UK timeframes, US for US etc) or is it 0000GMT to 0000GMT globally

If they do local calcs, then ideally, perhaps the 'ultimate' Pivot Point indicator would show 'Asian' pivots for the Asian part of the day, UK for UK and US for US).

Then, if one gets a coalescence/coincidence of lines at or close to a fixed value point (e.g EUR/USD 1.3850 might equate to r1 in the Asian zone but R2 in UK sess) chances are that it is likey to play some key role in the US sess.

Probably a nightmare to code and get onto one MT4 chart, - I can visualise what I hope it might look like, with the timezone sectors coloured differently etc. Failing that, or if I have missed it could somebody kindly point the way to the existing indicator.

This might just give somebody some inspiration!

New York opens 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST

Tokyo opens 7:00 pm to 4:00 am EST

Sydney opens 5:00 pm to 2:00 am EST

London opens 3:00 am to 12:00 noon EST

(better as a pictorial but I couldn't post it)

Many thanks

Kermit

Stop Hunt strategy- Round Number code question:

The following is the code for "sweet spots" in the Shimodax SDX TZ Pivot indicator, a classic IMHO:

(If "sweet spots" =true, a line is drawn at the "00" level and the "50" level.)

//---- High/Low, Open

if (ShowSweetSpots) {

int ssp1, ssp2;

double ds1, ds2;

ssp1= Bid / Point;

ssp1= ssp1 - ssp1%50;

ssp2= ssp1 + 50;

ds1= ssp1*Point;

ds2= ssp2*Point;

SetLevel(DoubleToStr(ds1,Digits), ds1, Black, LineStyle, LineThickness, Time[10]);

SetLevel(DoubleToStr(ds2,Digits), ds2, Black, LineStyle, LineThickness, Time[10]);

gvname=Symbol()+"ds1";

gvval=ds1;

GlobalVariableSet(gvname,gvval);

gvname=Symbol()+"ds2";

gvval=ds2;

GlobalVariableSet(gvname,gvval);

}

So what would need to be added to have two additional lines, one at 85 and one at 15? (but not at 65 and 35?) Also- does the "Time[10]" variable set the length of the line?

Thanks for your help-

Cheers,

Taters

Files:

ok I got it

spent all weekend trial and error method but I found my answer.

Cheers,

T

Need help to add S1/R1 to Pivot Indi

Hello All,

i did a search but could not find anything in the way i need it, so i have no choice but to ask...

I want to add to this indicator one S1 dotline and one R1 dotline, anyone can help me with this please? also if anyone know such indi already that would be cool to.

Thanks

-M-

try to search "pivot indicator",u will get many

Pivot Point Indicator

Does anyone have a pivot point indicator that will allow you to configure the end of day hour? I would like to be able to specify the end of day hour so that these can be correctly calculated, instead of using the end of day hour from the data providers server.

I hope this makes sense.

MTF Pivot point

Hi,..

Pivot Points is a very useful techniques that uses previous bar's high, low, close to project the support and resistance for the current bar. Daily pivot points are usefull swing trading while 4 hours pivot points are useful for intraday trading. Meanwhile, hourly pivots can be used for identifying better entry/exit points within the day. Just take a look at the follow charts and you'll see traders do respect pivot levels a lot.

Does anyone have MTF Pivot Point Indicator for 1H,4H,D,and Weekly, that we can use all TF together, with GMT shift, and we can do backtest with this Pivot indicator?

Historical Pivot - Custom Time

Hi everyone,

Does Someone have a Custom Time Pivot Indicator, that plots history?

I other words shows all values done before...

I have this indicator but does not plot the history..

Thanks

Files:

interesting....anyone havin success w. using pivots? live?

i can see very easy EA for this....im sure some1 wrote it already,.... simple breakout ea on pivot points...

pivot trading is here

jjk2:
interesting....anyone havin success w. using pivots? live? i can see very easy EA for this....im sure some1 wrote it already,.... simple breakout ea on pivot points...

First you must see this link...

Pivot Points Summary - Forex Trading, Currency Forecast, FX Trading Signal, Forex Training Course, Education, Tutorial, FX Book, Forex ebook, Learn to Trade Forex, FX Guide, Pivot Points, Currency Rates, Forex Secret, Forex Brokers, Currency Trading

The key of success is one or two tools with multiple timeframe.

You can see, we need the 1H, 4H, Daily, weekly and perharps Monthly Pivot indicators with GMT Shift, and if possible that can plot the history for backtesting.

If you want to see someone who having success with using pivots and how he trade for living, you can see in this link..

Pivot Point with Money Management Strategy...

I hope you can make the EA based on this two referrence..

Your reply is appreciated..

Reason: