Pivot indicators - page 12

Anyone

Sorry I will try again. Could anyone help me in getting a pivot based moving average. I am looking for an indicator that will plot the pivot point for a certain period as a moving average?

scottyb159:
Hello everyone, I have been reading John Persons new boo with his COMAS method and was hoping to find someone that has built his indicator. The indicator is a moving avergae of 1 3 period pivot witrh an overaly of another moving average of 1 period pivot. Can anyone code this? I can share the rerst of the system if anyone is interested. I have noticed similiar requests but have not found the indicator, so maybe it does exist here already

scottyb159:
Sorry I will try again. Could anyone help me in getting a pivot based moving average. I am looking for an indicator that will plot the pivot point for a certain period as a moving average?

I believe this is already made it.

Take a search.

I remember some indicators like dynamic pivots and others.

ERIDU - CounterTrend Pivot TS

Hello Community...

I stopped by here in search for the "perfect" PIVOT but could not find it... so I am inviting everybody to my new Open House to participate in the inception of ERIDU - CounterTrend Pivot TS...

You are all welcome to drop by...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Hope to see you there...

EnkiJr

scottyb159:

I've seen Person's dvd "Forex Conquered". All you need to do on a daily chart is create a simple 3-period moving average and use "Typical Price", and then create another one using 1 period and Typical Price. The crossovers are exactly what he discusses. Mission accomplished.

can you explain what you mean by typical price and what you mean about "use" it? I thought its a 3 period Pivot moving average not just a simple moving average?

bluto:
I've seen Person's dvd "Forex Conquered". All you need to do on a daily chart is create a simple 3-period moving average and use "Typical Price", and then create another one using 1 period and Typical Price. The crossovers are exactly what he discusses. Mission accomplished.

scottyb159:
can you explain what you mean by typical price and what you mean about "use" it? I thought its a 3 period Pivot moving average not just a simple moving average?

When you create the MA's, select "Typical Price" in the Apply To dropdown. Typical Price is (H+L+C)/3, and is what Person uses for the daily pivot value. When the 1-Period MA crosses up over the 3-Period MA, this indicates a bullish period and you trade between the S1 and R2 pivots keeping an eye out for high-close and low-close doji's near the support/resistance lines. When the 1-Period MA crosses down, that indicates a bearish period and you trade between R1 & S2. It actually works pretty good.

bluto:
When you create the MA's, select "Typical Price" in the Apply To dropdown. Typical Price is (H+L+C)/3, and is what Person uses for the daily pivot value. When the 1-Period MA crosses up over the 3-Period MA, this indicates a bullish period and you trade between the S1 and R2 pivots keeping an eye out for high-close and low-close doji's near the support/resistance lines. When the 1-Period MA crosses down, that indicates a bearish period and you trade between R1 & S2. It actually works pretty good.

As usual Bluto, your expertise, knowledge and contribution to the community is much appreciated... thank you for sharing... and teaching the... to be, traders...

Would you know what time frame and which MA are being used at Person's...? -tks

When you will have some time... do show up at the ERIDU... your input will be appreciated...

EnkiJr:
As usual Bluto, your expertise, knowledge and contribution to the community is much appreciated... thank you for sharing... and teaching the... to be, traders...

Would you know what time frame and which MA are being used at Person's...? -tks

When you will have some time... do show up at the ERIDU... your input will be appreciated...

No problemo, EnkiJr....my pleasure to help out.

I'll drop by and check out "ERIDU".

thank you

Bluto,

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. I really enjoyed both of Persons books and wondered how this method would work. I already use pivots but this seems interesting. Have you actually used it?

scottyb159:
Bluto, Exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. I really enjoyed both of Persons books and wondered how this method would work. I already use pivots but this seems interesting. Have you actually used it?

Yes I have and yes it does work. Someday soon, I plan to develop an EA based on this idea.

Cheers,

bluto

Reason: