Swiss Army EA (Automatic order management) - page 34

Hi,

I believe the swiss army EA can do as least part of what you're looking for.

Hope this helps,

Ms_Mel

Files:

settings Swiss Army EA v1.51

Good afternoon.

I installed the Swiss Army EA v1.51.ex4 but I have a hard time setting. Someone can help me?

Thank you already in advance any help.

Best Regards for all.

Thanks

ryanklefas:
What it is:

Below, you'll find my Swiss Army EA. I've designed it so that it can manage orders in your MT4 terminal using a large variety of methods. Features includes breakevens, trailing stops, setting/removing for takeprofits and stoplosses, and many close-out conditions; you also have ability to tell the EA which orders it can manage. This EA is an attempt to do away with little scripts for deleting orders and whatnot and just put ALL that crap in one nice package. I figure this EA should be useful for manual traders, and may also to augment EAs that are skimpy on their features, although I cannot guarantee that it will be fully compatible with all EAs.

How to use it:

Apply it to a chart. The orders that it is allowed to manage can be changed by changing the "Specific" options. It will perform trailing stops, breakevens, or closing of orders (as specified by user) for whatever orders it is allowed to manage (also specified by user). For example, if Swiss Army EA is allowed to manage all orders and you enable the trailing stops to 30, it will apply a trailing stop of 30 to all orders in your terminal. The EA will print to the screen what it is allowed to do, so that should help you along in figuring out what it is doing. Each instance of Swiss Army can only hold a certain number of settings without causing conflict within itself. If you require many different management features to be enabled, you may have to run another instance of Swiss Army to do everything that you want. Remember: You need one CONDITION, one ACTION, and one ORDER TYPE, at least.

What I need from you, the user:

If you want to use the EA, but don't know how to get it to what you want, post and ask me about it. I'll be able to provide you with a list of settings to use if the EA currently supports it. Please leave feedback and tell me what kind of management options you'd like to see in future versions; feel free to post any scripts, code, or functions that you believe would be useful.

SWISS ARMY EA:

It does everything but place its own orders!

New Features for Version 1.51 (June 26, 2007):IMPROVED: The actions that appear under ths "Modify Orders" section can now modify pending orders

IMPROVED: TakeProfits and Stoplosses, when set, will be applied to any hedge orders that are opened by Swiss Army

CHANGED: TakeProfits and Stoplosses, when set, will be in relation to the order's open price, NOT the current price (as in v1.5)

NEW FEATURE: RequireAllConditions when selected, will require that all selected conditions be met before actions will occur. For example, if a drawdown of 1% and Time_Activation at 12:30 are selected, actions will occur if at 12:30, if there is a drawdown of 1% or more.

Questions and Answers for v1.51 (First time users should read this part):

Swiss Army DOES NOT trade. It does not place any order according to any strategy, nor does it use indicators for any reason. It's sole purpose is to "manage" trades that already exist on your account.

The trailing stop is always X pips BEHIND the current price, X being the number that you specify.

This is not how the Breakeven feature works. The Breakeven feature can only be activated once, and after that, it will no longer modify the stops.

Breakevens and TrailingStops are two different methods for managing the orders' stoplosses.

Because "BreakEvenAt" is at 10, when an order is profitable by 10 pips, its stoploss will be set to the open price (which will make it "breakeven") The "BreakEvenSlide" at 20 will move the "breakeven" point 20 pips higher than the order's open price, which, in this case, is not possible; therefore the "BreakEvenSlide" input must always be less than the "BreakEvenAt" input.

KNOWN BUGS for v1.51:

"Largest Recorded" statistics are not calculated.

Actions not fully executing for some conditions (due to time lag)

WISH LIST (whenever I get around to them):

Day of Week selectable for Time_Activation

Specific Orders selectable as an "Order Type"

Margin Statistics on screen

Heelo Ryanklefas.

Excuse my English (Google Translated)

I loved the expert suisse Army EA v1.51. My problem is I do not know what values to enter to win many pips.

Can you help me?

Thanks for the sympathy and kindness,

Carlos

Help please

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help me. I've been trading successfully for the past 18 months using a specific daily system and after posting a plea for help on Forex Factory, someone kindly posted a link to this thread. To be honest I'm completely useless with programming and even after reading through this entire thread, I'm still not sure how to use it. I can upload it and attach it to a chart (I'm not that bad!), but I don't know how to use it for what I need.

If I may just explain what I need, I'm hoping someone can help me set it up...

I always have 2 trades running on the same pair at the same entry price. I always place orders and wait for them to be hit. I hardly ever use instant execution.

For the first trade, I have a very conservative take profit point for whichever pair I'm using. By the way I trade EUR/USD, EUR/GBP and GBP/USD. For the second trade the stop is the same, but there is no take profit target. I wait for the market to decide when its had enough.

So when the first trade is closed at the take profit point, I always amend the second trade to BE manually just in case price moves against me. But sometimes if I'm busy and away from the computer, my first take profit can be hit (which is good) and then price can retrace causing a loss (which of course is bad!). What I need is some way that my SL on that second trade can be automatically moved to BE when my first take profit point is hit just in case price retraces. I'm sure its there in that EA, its just that I can't work out what to put in the settings to get what I need.

If someone could explain to me as if I was stupid how to get this set up, I would be very, very grateful.

I'm really sorry to be a pain in the ass and for the long message.

Thanks again

Dazzer

Settings / Feature Request

I found this and it seems to be 'almost' exactly what I am looking for, but have a request. I have not read ALL of this thread but will do so later today and as such I apologize if these answers are already covered.

I am trading manually and need to use this to mange the trade.

Here is what I am doing with the trade management.

I am using a 5 digit broker so all numbers will need the extra 0 and that seems to work so far in my testing.

1.) Set SL and TP at +- 100 (set at 1000) this seems to work fine.

2.) Once the order is in profit of 13 pips I want the SL to move to +1. I believe I need BEat = 130 and BESlide at 10.. but not sure if this is right. It seems that on some orders I have a SL moved once +13 to +0.2 where I want it to be +1 ?? must be my understanding (or lack of) the BESlide setting

3.) Then once I have SL set to BE+1 I would want the TP to be removed. (not sure of setting to make this happen, or if it is possible).

4.) Then I would like to implement something on the order of a trailing step versus every pip trail. By this I mean.. I have 12 pips protected, so every additional 4 pips move in my favor I want SL to move and protect 4 more pips. I have this set now to TrailingStop=120 for the 12 pips, but wonder if you could implement a step factor that moves the SL in 'chunks' of 4 pips.

Lastly I am not sure if I need to set up anything to get the Largest Recorded Gain and Largest Recorded Drawdown set up as they show as 0.00% and that is not true for my period of testing?? Thoughts?

Dazzer:
I always have 2 trades running on the same pair at the same entry price. I always place orders and wait for them to be hit. I hardly ever use instant execution.

For the first trade, I have a very conservative take profit point for whichever pair I'm using. By the way I trade EUR/USD, EUR/GBP and GBP/USD. For the second trade the stop is the same, but there is no take profit target. I wait for the market to decide when its had enough.

So when the first trade is closed at the take profit point, I always amend the second trade to BE manually just in case price moves against me. But sometimes if I'm busy and away from the computer, my first take profit can be hit (which is good) and then price can retrace causing a loss (which of course is bad!). What I need is some way that my SL on that second trade can be automatically moved to BE when my first take profit point is hit just in case price retraces. I'm sure its there in that EA, its just that I can't work out what to put in the settings to get what I need.

If someone could explain to me as if I was stupid how to get this set up, I would be very, very grateful.

I'm really sorry to be a pain in the ass and for the long message.

Thanks again

Dazzer

Same here.... is this possible with Suisse Army EA v1.51?

- trade two orders of one symbol

- both should get a stop loss of x pips

- one order should get a take profit order of x pips

- the second should get no take profit order but after hit x pips profit it should get/move the stop order to breakeven

Bold lines looks good/possible now but how to do the last line (italic)

Jagg:
Same here.... is this possible with Suisse Army EA v1.51?

- trade two orders of one symbol

- both should get a stop loss of x pips

- one order should get a take profit order of x pips

- the second should get no take profit order but after hit x pips profit it should get/move the stop order to breakeven

Bold lines looks good/possible now but how to do the last line (italic)

@Dazzer & Co...

I got it

I use now a modified version of the script "Buy n Sell w SL TP PrSL PrTP MM MultiLots.zip" to open a trade of 2 lots with one click (2 lots in 2 orders of 1 lot each). I have to use a script (or EA) to open a trade because we need this magic number thing. In the code of the script there is the line

OrderSend(Symbol(),Mode, Lots, Entry, 2,SLB , TPB, Comments, 0, NULL, LimeGreen);

...the "0" is the MagicNumber. So I made a new int var "MagicNumber = 111", replaced this "0" by "MagicNumber" and set after this OrderSend line "MagicNumber = MagicNumer+111;"

So when I now do an order with this script.... buy 2 lots for example... I get two orders "buy 1 lot" and the first order gets MagicNumber 111, the second lot gets 222.

Now the only thing I have to do is open two charts of this instrument/symbol and place the Swiss Army EA in each of these charts (with different settings for stop/target/breakeven...). The first one have to be set to MagicNumber 111 and the second to 222.

Great way of trading now (put the buy/sell script to hotkeys and you can enter a trade very fast and this trade is managed with Swiss Army EA automaticly

Simply order management (?)

Hi Ryan and others,

This looks like an amazing tool! Thanks for sharing. A quick question, which may be present in the gazzilion pages on the thread, but something someone may be able to answer quickly ... can I apply a copy of this ea to several different charts, and have each copy apply only to those charts?

In a nutshell, I am using a signal generator, and want to set pending orders and have 'built in" target and SL levels (do that stop hunting won't be an issue). Please confirm that this great tool can do this

Thanks.

Douglas

dcraig:
Hi Ryan and others,

This looks like an amazing tool! Thanks for sharing. A quick question, which may be present in the gazzilion pages on the thread, but something someone may be able to answer quickly ... can I apply a copy of this ea to several different charts, and have each copy apply only to those charts?

In a nutshell, I am using a signal generator, and want to set pending orders and have 'built in" target and SL levels (do that stop hunting won't be an issue). Please confirm that this great tool can do this

Thanks.

Douglas

Maybe this one can help.

Reason: