TSD-v11 MT4-JB-OsMA - page 9

I know, i know...

Forcing orders to close regardless of profit on a "slow trading" (trend following) EA like this is always going to that ... makes it less profitable

In my opinion, if you are using it on a daily frame, you should not use the CloseOnFriday option. Cases when trend changes on Monday so much are rather rare (to avoid confusion I am saying TREND not trend )

Also, if you are not running the EA 24 hour a day (if you, for example, sometimes turn your PC off, or you use it from different PC) you should use the OneTradePerBar option (to avoid some entries that can happen in those cases and that would happen simply because of the causes stated here.

regards

mladen

dr.house7:
Thanks...many thanks Mladen you're incredible like a superhero... It's a pity that this ea also with these changes remain not so profitable

Added one thing that I really think this EA lacked : Automatic MM

This EA has a stop loss at all times so Automatic MM is a logic extension to it. Using fixed lots size (1.0 in default settings) is rather unreasonable (on a 10.000$ account trading EURUSD the actual risk is > 10% on a lot of occasions - if something can clean up your account, that can)

Having the stop loss even on initial trade it is rather easy to control the risk (as in the maximum loss in regards to account equity that a single trade can cause). I know that some are not going to like results (with 1.5% percent risk the results-profits on EURUSD are much, much smaller) but then test it on GBPUSD with default settings and than with MM turned on and you will see what I mean - at least you are at break even not a flat 0

Files:
tsd_v12.2.mq4  15 kb

mladen:
Added one thing that I really think this EA lacked : Automatic MM

This EA has a stop loss at all times so Automatic MM is a logic extension to it. Using fixed lots size (1.0 in default settings) is rather unreasonable (on a 10.000$ account trading EURUSD the actual risk is > 10% on a lot of occasions - if something can clean up your account, that can)

Having the stop loss even on initial trade it is rather easy to control the risk (as in the maximum loss in regards to account equity that a single trade can cause). I know that some are not going to like results (with 1.5% percent risk the results-profits on EURUSD are much, much smaller) but then test it on GBPUSD with default settings and than with MM turned on and you will see what I mean - at least you are at break even not a flat 0

Thanks to all your work Mladen !

i tried last version and these are results with default settings

gbp usd it's very good ...

for other pairs maybe we must think a different way

Files:

Good looking thread

All,

I just found this thread and look forward to future contributions.

Alsea

Mladen,

I really like this EA TSD 12.2. On my demo's (I opened them with a grand in each) it made me over a grand in the first week trading on IBFX and about $100 trading on TDFX.

However this week, it's losing my profits. I have noticed that if we had stop loss that we could edit, instead of manually needing to do it on the trades that it sets up, that could work wonders in my opinion.

Any way that could be done? I am not much for programming, I am attempting to learn. Even if you could put the code out there I might just attempt to add it myself and hope I don't screw up the code that someone put quite a bit of time into..

Thank you..

It is funny I been on this forum for 4 years and just read this section on TSD. I took time and copied some posts from the different treads in this section to help show a point I stated in the past.

I have on a few occations memtioned that useing a chart time scale above the time scale your trading is not a good idea. When every thing is all in line and staying there your alright but theres a problem, with when a trend change occures, it starts at the tick level and works up its way through the time scale, not down it, so when a change in trend or even a large retracment it starts below you not above you, if your following the trend above you, your looking at what has already passed you, not what is to come. so when the tread changes you will be fighting it all the way till it shows up behine you, at that point your trading will be inline again, but till then you will be trading the retracments in your data that will be counter to the actual trend in your TRADING time scale.

That is what is going on here this ea may make real good pips for a while for a long while but when a change in the trend or even a large retracment occours you will lose big time as you will be trading against the real trend in your data, it is very dangerous to trade the direction of a time scale you are not trading in, you should get the trend from the chart scale your trading from. The actual trade logic in this EA seams to be very good, it the choice of where its getting the trend directions from that is wrong.

I dont know if I should of said this again as I got reamed the last time I said this, but what your doing could be dangerous.

Keit

Grumpyone:

I've been running TSD for a

little while now. TSD will win big and lose big. TSD was

designed for the D1 TF, but I seem to be getting better

results on H4. I have also been closing all open trades

on Fridays.

The attached results are from the H4 TF and manually

closed trades on Fridays. I also need to add that I did

not get to close the trades on the 28th of April. So, the

results for 5-5-06 are for two weeks uninterrupted.

Grumpyone
iscuba11:

I have had to abandon the EA

version 11 because it suffered greatly last week.

Evidently this is a one sided logic that does not reverse

itself fast enough when the market conditions change. If

I could figure out how to change this logic, it would be a

fantastic EA.

hechtd:

Mladen,

I really like this EA TSD 12.2. On my demo's (I opened

them with a grand in each) it made me over a grand in

the first week trading on IBFX and about $100 trading on

TDFX.

However this week, it's losing my profits. I have noticed

that if we had stop loss that we could edit, instead of

manually needing to do it on the trades that it sets up,

that could work wonders in my opinion.

Any way that could be done? I am not much for

programming, I am attempting to learn. Even if you

could put the code out there I might just attempt to add

it myself and hope I don't screw up the code that

someone put quite a bit of time into..

Thank you..
newdigital:

No I am not using it. Because I

think it should be approved something to reduce the

losses. This EAs are very good during the uptrend or

downtrend when the trend was established already. But

in other xases it produces the losses and the losses

may be very big, even more bigger than profit.

This EAs should be approved. Mindaugas who coded

the last versions promised the give new version.
iscuba11:

What ever you try, this EA is

unstable. It may more very good for a period of time, but

then lose badly over the next period of time. Be

cautious, then try to figure out how to eliminate the

losing side of this program.

Dave

Been poking on this one and made some minor changes

Just to remind : it trades 4 (USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDJPY or EURUSD) symbols only and preferred time frame is daily

Files:
tsd_v12.3.mq4  15 kb

Incredible

mladen:
Been poking on this one and made some minor changes Just to remind : it trades 4 (USDCHF, GBPUSD, USDJPY or EURUSD) symbols only and preferred time frame is daily

Incredible, EA was created totally 6 years !!!!!

Actually it was created 6 years ago

The rest is occasional revisiting of it as it is seen even from the dates of the posts ... it sometimes go that way

user666:
Incredible, EA was created totally 6 years !!!!!

problem

dr.house7:
Thanks to all your work Mladen !

i tried last version and these are results with default settings

gbp usd it's very good ...

for other pairs maybe we must think a different way

Cannot open any of above archive. Tried several type unzip softtare.

Reason: