TSD-v11 MT4-JB-OsMA - page 10

Try 7zip (it is a free one and in my opinion it is one of the best). Tried to open those files with 7zip and all worked fine. You can download it from here : 7-Zip

user666:
Cannot open any of above archive. Tried several type unzip softtare.

Version 1.24 with Pairs extension and better Profit Factor

mladen:
Actually it was created 6 years ago The rest is occasional revisiting of it as it is seen even from the dates of the posts ... it sometimes go that way

I like this thread that is why I decided improve this EA with Know-How invented in our investment company which always improve parameters of each EA.

It gave us possibility to add additional pairs (because EA trade only one pair in Market and other HOLD), in that way increase RISK we can use.

Also profit factor was changed from 1.3 to 1.8 as for AUDSD for tested period.

Other insignificant code improvement made.

Please see attached images from statement. If somebody is interested I'll post this version here.

What we have better here ?

- 50% more income per pair

- 30% less Drop Down

- 30% better profit factor

- additional pairs for trade with possibility adaptation EA for them using ADAPTIVE PIP MULTIPLICATOR - our Know How

Files:
picture_82.png  54 kb
picture_83.png  56 kb

TSD v12.4

TSD v12.4 attached.

Files:
tsd_v12.4.mq4  16 kb

cockeyedcowboy:
It is funny I been on this forum for 4 years and just read this section on TSD. I took time and copied some posts from the different treads in this section to help show a point I stated in the past.

I have on a few occations memtioned that useing a chart time scale above the time scale your trading is not a good idea. When every thing is all in line and staying there your alright but theres a problem, with when a trend change occures, it starts at the tick level and works up its way through the time scale, not down it, so when a change in trend or even a large retracment it starts below you not above you, if your following the trend above you, your looking at what has already passed you, not what is to come. so when the tread changes you will be fighting it all the way till it shows up behine you, at that point your trading will be inline again, but till then you will be trading the retracments in your data that will be counter to the actual trend in your TRADING time scale.

That is what is going on here this ea may make real good pips for a while for a long while but when a change in the trend or even a large retracment occours you will lose big time as you will be trading against the real trend in your data, it is very dangerous to trade the direction of a time scale you are not trading in, you should get the trend from the chart scale your trading from. The actual trade logic in this EA seams to be very good, it the choice of where its getting the trend directions from that is wrong.

I dont know if I should of said this again as I got reamed the last time I said this, but what your doing could be dangerous.

Keit

Saw your post and agree, it's always the issue. Just curious, what are you trading? Are you using EA(s)? Are you using a manual system that can be converted to EA?

I can program MT4 pretty well. Wondering if you have anything that will help me.

Thank you.

Jim Bentz

email: j.bentz@jbentz.net

Some fresh EA Demo test

TSD 12.3 default sets.

Fusion of ERRORS, OMISSIONS and crazy logic with horror of code - what is this EA

mladen:
Actually it was created 6 years ago The rest is occasional revisiting of it as it is seen even from the dates of the posts ... it sometimes go that way

I cannot understand how during 6 years public keep ERRORS, omissions and crazy logic of this EA. Results of it trading is results of this fusion.

Look here, for example.

if (OsMAPrevious > OsMAPrevious2) double OsMADirection = 1;

if (OsMAPrevious < OsMAPrevious2) OsMADirection = -1;

if (OsMAPrevious == OsMAPrevious2) OsMADirection = 0;

Especially this string:

as we see previously:

double OsMAPrevious = iOsMA(NULL,PERIOD_W1,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

double OsMAPrevious2 = iOsMA(NULL,PERIOD_W1,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,2);

variables OsMAPrevious and OsMAPrevious2 are DOUBLES. Are you think they CAN BE EQUAL ?????? !!!!!!!!!!

Probably once in 1000000000000 years !!!!!!

Next.

In version 12.3 there was used next code:

double Force = iForce(NULL,PERIOD_D1,2,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

bool ForcePos = Force > 0;

bool ForceNeg = Force < 0;

instead WPR indicator we can see in more old versions.

WPR indicator is much better than Force for our application. But utilization of such indicator in previous version was horror:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

// NEW Orders to Place

total=OrdersTotal();

TradesThisSymbol=0;

for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

TradesThisSymbol ++;

} // close for if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

} // close for for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)

if(TradesThisSymbol < 1)

{

if(OsMADirection == 1 && WilliamsBuy)

{

especially this string:

{

as wee can see previously:

double WilliamsBuy=0, WilliamsSell=0,

so we cannot USE DOUBLE AS LOGIC VARIABLE !!!!!!

In this place of Code:

WilliamsBuy = iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) < -25;

WilliamsSell = iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) > -75;

we can see total absurd !!!!

Because WilliamsBuy is DOUBLE, but this expression: iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) < -25 is logical.

How we can COMPARE DOUBLES with logical variables ?????? !!!!!!

That is why very often indicator INDICATE "SELL" and "BUY" signals SIMULTENEOUSLY !!!!!

Probably WilliamsBuy MUST TO BE BOOL VARIABLE and above expression have to be written in the next way

if(iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) < -25) WilliamsBuy =true;

etc.

You have not substitute WPR with Force indicator, only correct errors and all will go ok.

After correction errors you will obtain good EA with small income 2% per month per one pair with 14% DD,

trading with all pairs and with one phenomena you will like if will make it, I want not to say what is it

user666:
I cannot understand how during 6 years public keep ERRORS, omissions and crazy logic of this EA. Results of it trading is results of this fusion.

Look here, for example.

if (OsMAPrevious > OsMAPrevious2) double OsMADirection = 1;

if (OsMAPrevious < OsMAPrevious2) OsMADirection = -1;

Especially this string:

as we see previously:

variables OsMAPrevious and OsMAPrevious2 are DOUBLES. Are you think they CAN BE EQUAL ?????? !!!!!!!!!!

Probably once in 1000000000000 years !!!!!!

Next.

In version 12.3 there was used next code:

double Force = iForce(NULL,PERIOD_D1,2,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

bool ForcePos = Force > 0;

bool ForceNeg = Force < 0;

instead WPR indicator we can see in more old versions.

WPR indicator is much better than Force for our application. But utilization of such indicator in previous version was horror:

// NEW Orders to Place

total=OrdersTotal();

TradesThisSymbol=0;

for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

TradesThisSymbol ++;

} // close for if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

} // close for for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++)

if(TradesThisSymbol < 1)

{

{

especially this string:

{

as wee can see previously:

double WilliamsBuy=0, WilliamsSell=0,

so we cannot USE DOUBLE AS LOGIC VARIABLE !!!!!!

In this place of Code:

WilliamsBuy = iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) < -25;

WilliamsSell = iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) > -75;

we can see total absurd !!!!

Because WilliamsBuy is DOUBLE, but this expression: iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) < -25 is logical.

How we can COMPARE DOUBLES with logical variables ?????? !!!!!!

That is why very often indicator INDICATE "SELL" and "BUY" signals SIMULTENEOUSLY !!!!!

Probably WilliamsBuy MUST TO BE BOOL VARIABLE and above expression have to be written in the next way

if(iWPR(NULL,1440,24,1) < -25) WilliamsBuy =true;

etc.

You have not substitute WPR with Force indicator, only correct errors and all will go ok.

After correction errors you will obtain good EA with small income 2% per month per one pair with 14% DD,

trading with all pairs and with one phenomena you will like if will make it, I want not to say what is it

Hi User666,

Don't see nothing wrong in the logic

Nothing wrong with being sure before entering the trade and looking at Osma on W1 timeframe would imagine there times when it doesn't move hardly at all, so there is nothing wrong with using "double" IMHO.Secondly doubt it would matter if you used force or wpr, last i saw their codes in mt4 are a shipwreck, really doubt it will make that much difference in "Live fwd testing". Also back testing this Ea is not very reliable at all, due to it being a multi timeframe Ea, back testing doesn't work for this type of Ea.

Please forgive my ignorance but have some questions about the AdaptivePipMultiplier and its use, if you get a chance could you please explain more about how it is used in this Ea.

Thanks.

Your comment

mrtools:
Hi User666,

Don't see nothing wrong in the logic

Nothing wrong with being sure before entering the trade and looking at Osma on W1 timeframe would imagine there times when it doesn't move hardly at all, so there is nothing wrong with using "double" IMHO.Secondly doubt it would matter if you used force or wpr, last i saw their codes in mt4 are a shipwreck, really doubt it will make that much difference in "Live fwd testing". Also back testing this Ea is not very reliable at all, due to it being a multi timeframe Ea, back testing doesn't work for this type of Ea.

Please forgive my ignorance but have some questions about the AdaptivePipMultiplier and its use, if you get a chance could you please explain more about how it is used in this Ea.

Thanks.

You can make optimization of this parameter (AdaptivePipMultiplier) and sometimes obtain better results.

All backtesting of this EA impossible to open with possible unarchivers I can get in Internet. Look like somebody made it

in such way that it is impossible to see results. Have you any backtests ? Can you post here results compressed with

RAR, Winzip, ShiftExpander ?

Are you programmer ? Have you easyLanguage version of TSD v 123 ?

I like to trade unprofitable, lose my money and bring incomes for forex brokers that is why I'm interested in this EA ...

Probably, if I ask all above I know what I'm doing You also know it...

Tried it out and each and every test (packed zip file) can be opened

I am using this one : 7-Zip for packed files and had no problems whatsoever with opening any of the files at this thread

As of coding : you said it all. What else can (or should ) be added?

Maybe just one little thingy : in C like languages any value different than 0 is considered to be "true" and equal to 0 is considered to be "false". Even internally "bool" is in MQL an "integer" type ("bool" is a "generic" type) but it can as easily be a "double" because a logical test can be applied to any data type in these type of coding languages (even "string" types can be "muscled" into logical tests too). I hope that the above clarifies also that the logical tests results are in C like languages always either 0 or 1 (and not "true" or "false" since "true" and "false" are actually 1 and 0) and that prevents any code using that kind of logic from false signal checks.

As of easy language version : why would you want an easy language version of an EA that does not satisfy your needs (but the needs of your broker)? There is a whole lot of easy language strategies floating on the net and sure at least one is going to be the one you are looking for and will be quite good for learning easy language coding (after all it is an "easy language" and it really it is not so difficult to learn it)

regards

answer

mladen:
Tried it out and each and every test (packed zip file) can be opened

I am using this one : 7-Zip for packed files and had no problems whatsoever with opening any of the files at this thread

As of coding : you said it all. What else can (or should ) be added?

Maybe just one little thingy : in C like languages any value different than 0 is considered to be "true" and equal to 0 is considered to be "false". Even internally "bool" is in MQL an "integer" type ("bool" is a "generic" type) but it can as easily be a "double" because a logical test can be applied to any data type in these type of coding languages (even "string" types can be "muscled" into logical tests too). I hope that the above clarifies also that the logical tests results are in C like languages always either 0 or 1 (and not "true" or "false" since "true" and "false" are actually 1 and 0) and that prevents any code using that kind of logic from false signal checks.

As of easy language version : why would you want an easy language version of an EA that does not satisfy your needs (but the needs of your broker)? There is a whole lot of easy language strategies floating on the net and sure at least one is going to be the one you are looking for and will be quite good for learning easy language coding (after all it is an "easy language" and it really it is not so difficult to learn it)

regards

I'm using Mac OS X operation system and no one unarchiver which available for Mac OS X can extract files. NO ONE, including 1zip for Mac.

OK. I got what you told about property of C language.

I want only one answer:"Have you easyLanguge version of this EA or have not ?".

About profitability of this EA you will receive answer to your mailbox.

Reason: