Manually closed trades are again syncronized with Signal's opened positions

I have subscribed MT4 Signal. "Synchronize positions without confirmation" is not ticked, so is disabled. Using VPS.

When I close some trades manually using mobile version of MT4, the trades sync and reopen again with the Signal ones in few seconds. Any idea how to prevent this reopening? Thanks

You have to untick: synchronize positions without confirmation and synchronize the signal with VPS again, so the new settings are applied.

Eleni Anna Branou:
You have to untick: synchronize positions without confirmation and synchronize the signal with VPS again, so the new settings are applied.

Did that, but the positions still sync. Any idea what else can I try? I am thinking of replacing VPS completely. 

. I had the same experience and I have lost alot and the worse part is that MQL5 support won't even reply mails sent to them

adedojamuri:
I still havent managed to solve it. Will try this week to cancel existing VPS and open new ones and when sync will pay attention syncing of signal is unticked (in any sync I will do). 

zfoukal:
I still havent managed to solve it. Will try this week to cancel existing VPS and open new ones and when sync will pay attention syncing of signal is unticked (in any sync I will do). 

tried whole setup again on new account, but still syncs all trades, regardless if none opened with signal or if closed manually

zfoukal:

tried whole setup again on new account, but still syncs all trades, regardless if none opened with signal or if closed manually

I believe that since you are copying the signal, all positions will be synchronized every time you close them manually.

What's the point of copying a signal, when you're interfering so much in the trading process?

Eleni Anna Branou:

I believe that since you are copying the signal, all positions will be synchronized every time you close them manually.

What's the point of copying a signal, when you're interfering so much in the trading process?

I believe when there is an option to synchronize in MT4,  it should work. Otherwise is misleading. I lost quite a money on this already. 

I caught my self several times when signal goes way too risky to my appetite and I want to quit the positions. Why would I be hooked forever with the trades opened. Or SL/TP setting?

More paradoxically, why the trades are reopened when I exit them manually???! 

I found my self a workaround. Stop (suspend) copying signal first on MQL5 web, then exit all trades. Of course nothing will be copied since then, untill reactivated again on web. When unfortunately all opened trades sync again. 

It makes all common sense what I am asking for. That is why am I asking. 

zfoukal:
I believe when there is an option to synchronize in MT4,  it should work. Otherwise is misleading. I lost quite a money on this already. 

I caught my self several times when signal goes way too risky to my appetite and I want to quit the positions. Why would I be hooked forever with the trades opened. Or SL/TP setting?

More paradoxically, why the trades are reopened when I exit them manually???! 

I found my self a workaround. Stop (suspend) copying signal first on MQL5 web, then exit all trades. Of course nothing will be copied since then, untill reactivated again on web. When unfortunately all opened trades sync again. 

It makes all common sense what I am asking for. That is why am I asking. 

I understand what you want to acomplish, but the whole thinking is interfering too much with the signal subscription and defeat the purpose of subcribing in the first place.

If you believe you can trade better than the signal provider that you follow or that the signal is too risky & dangerous, then you shouldn't subscribe at all.

The only other way to half-subscribe to the signal, is the workaround you mention above.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can I manually close the order copied from signal?

Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.12.05 20:13

Yes, you have to disable the signal subscription first and then you can modify your open orders manually.

In order to do that, you can either synchronize with your MQL5 VPS, having the: Enable realtime signal subscription, option in Signals tab, unticked, or go here and choose the suspend option on the settings wheel of your subscription.

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions

Eleni Anna Branou:

I was copying trades on Friday, Feb 16. I did not touch it - no interference whatsoever. I was using the MQL5 virtual server.

Here's what happened: Two buy trades opened and closed in profit. Two more buy trades opened.

I had set my equity level to stop copying and close positions at a DD of about 30%. When my equity had dropped to the set level, my positions closed.

Then, totally by surprise, 2 more buy positions opened... so without any interference on my part I had 6 buy signals opened to the providers 2. What a bargain!

Note that I was not copying SL or TP.

There's a lot of funky sh*t going on in MQL5.

On another signal today I reached TP when the provider didn't. In this case, I copied SL and TP. 4 seconds AFTER I had reached the TP level and taken profit another sell position opened up at the TP level, which cancelled out all my gains because I wasn't attending my computer when it happened so I couldn't intervene. The point of signal copying is not having to babysit them. Unfortunately, so much sh*t goes on you cannot afford to be absent.

I had to babysit that signals for 9 hours straight. Lucky I did as I managed to trade my account back to break even and only lost 30% on the other.

It's bad enough having to endure lousy signals, but a whole other matter when the technology lets you down.

Reason: