General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - page 5

Sergey Golubev:

I can repeat that technical/fundamental analysis is almost off-topic for the forum. Those threads did a good job by refreshing the forum during the very low activity on the forum which was many years ago.

And nothing will be happened with the forum if some of those threads (or most of them) will be deleted in one day.

So the forum is brimming with activity nowadays and we dont need to discuss analysis ?

If a new user comes and opens up a thread for bitcoin for example , for analysis ,you are going to delete his topic ?  Is that user going to stay on mql5 ?

I understand the moderators cannot create new sections ,i get it ,but excuse my forwardness ,i feel there are double standards here.

So if you open up the chart of Ethereum and you see that the asctrend system found a good setup ,you will not open up a "Forecast and analysis for Ethereum" ,but if it does on GBP you will use one of the existing threads because it exists ? 

Lets simplify it ,if you want to post the same not for Ethereum but for the Turkish Lira (which is forex) ,EUR/TRY ,you will not create a new topic ,and there is no other topic so you will not post it at all ?  

Why do i get the sense that its more about others not posting rather than avoiding spam ?

Lorentzos Roussos:

So the forum is brimming with activity nowadays and we dont need to discuss analysis ?

If a new user comes and opens up a thread for bitcoin for example , for analysis ,you are going to delete his topic ?  Is that user going to stay on mql5 ?

I understand the moderators cannot create new sections ,i get it ,but excuse my forwardness ,i feel there are double standards here.

So if you open up the chart of Ethereum and you see that the asctrend system found a good setup ,you will not open up a "Forecast and analysis for Ethereum" ,but if it does on GBP you will use one of the existing threads because it exists ? 

Lets simplify it ,if you want to post the same not for Ethereum but for the Turkish Lira (which is forex) ,EUR/TRY ,you will not create a new topic ,and there is no other topic so you will not post it at all ?  

Why do i get the sense that its more about others not posting rather than avoiding spam ?

Yes, I will delete new threads (and deleted many times).
And I will not open new threads (post with EUR/TRY will go to the thread for EUR).

The forum is used instead of the service desk, and it is activity related to the following:

• "I found bug ..."
  • "Please help me ..."
  • and so on.

How many users created trading systems directly on the forum with EA uploaded to the thread by source code, with optimizing/backtesting for the settings and with trading on demo accounts to correct the settings and to have the ideas about how to improve the trading system (and everything is directly on the thread) ?
I only did it ... and I am not a coder ... you can imagine how difficult to me to create and maintain such the threads (ASCTREND SYSTEM summary as example).

How many users made any technical analysis posts without promotion for the past 5 years here?
I only did it ..

So, nothing to discuss ..
I started this "technical analysis story" on the forum, I made the posts (no one except me did it for the past several years), and I am having the rights to finish it in one day by deleting some threads.

Brainwashing System / Asctrend System
Brainwashing System / Asctrend System
  • www.mql5.com
This is the thread about Brainwashing system. We will start with original version of this system and will improve it later...

I am copying post #26 just to make attention about (the post is mostly related to the Market but it is useful for any other situation) -

----------------

About possible technical bugs or impossibility to do something in technical way - it is my personal announcement (and as far as I know - the service desk is working on the same way because they have to reproduce any possible bug to be a real bug in case to fix it):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

DAY 2 ...Purchased products not showing in the mt4 market tab....DAY 2

Sergey Golubev, 2020.09.22 08:59

How all the forum support are doing (and will be doing):
I think - I will stop providing any support in case the user does not provide (did not provide) and proofs/screenshots/ about what he did and screenshots about technical information.

It is responsibility of the users to provide correct proofs (screenshots, log files).
No proofs = no forum support (and the service desk is not helping in case of no proofs).

Indicator installation problem

Sergey Golubev, 2020.05.18 18:54

proofs are the screenshots.

• what you are trying to do (which error/issue in general) - few words
  • Windows version (for example, Windows 10 64 bit)
  • Community tab in Metatrader - screenshot with password hidden from the public
  • Internet Explorer version - screenshot
  • Metatrader build - screenshot
  • log files - download log file in *txt format - attached
  • which error and when/why - screenshot and/or copy text from the log file
  • changed password (yes, not)
  • placed changed password in Community tab (yes, not), pressed OK after placed new password in Community tab?
  • Market tab - Purchases - screenshots (look at my screenshots on the post #13)
  • click Install button or download button - error? screenshot; what was written in the log file after pressing? log file in text format + screenshot.
  • "1.open data folder 2.once you open the data folder go back to the Terminal folder .3 once in the terminal folder go to the Community folder and delete everything in there ,restart mt4 and in mt4 go to terminal/market and login to your mql5 account and everything should work " - I think you did it, right? Did you fill Community tab in metatrader after that? Press OK after filling your login/pass?

This is official reply from MQ:

A new version of the MQL5 debugger is being prepared

Renat Fatkhullin , 2020.12.22 17:56

Anything that is technically incompletely written, we ignore.

You are still communicating without technical details and direct links. This is not constructive and ineffective.

There is no time for ping pong. This has been explained many times. As well as the fact that a bug report is what is acceptable to the developer.

General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
General rules and best pratices of the Forum.
  • www.mql5.com
General rules, enforced by moderators : ‌...

Sergey Golubev:

I am copying post #26 just to make attention about (the post is mostly related to the Market but it is useful for any other situation) -

----------------

About possible technical bugs or impossibility to do something in technical way - it is my personal announcement (and as far as I know - the service desk is working on the same way because they have to reproduce any possible bug to be a real bug in case to fix it):

This is official reply from MQ:

Having a public process to report bugs is a good thing and asking for good technical report is correct. But the way Metaquotes did it is not good and lead most people to NOT report bugs, why :

Preparing a solid, documented and reproducible bug report is time consuming, sometimes VERY time consuming. But how may I know there is not already someone doing it ? I have to read all the forum ? As there is not a central place where to look.

I am still ready to do it IF I get some feedback, which is hardly the case. Because when I get a bug, most of the time it's because I need to use some features or techniques provided by MT5 or mql5. When there is a bug I possibly need to find a workaround, if I knew the bug would be fixed soon, I could delay that.

So what is happening now, is the most capable coders are only reporting bugs when they have no other choice. We like MT5, mql5 and we appreciate all the benefits to work around mql5.com, but we don't have time to waste, we are not paid to be beta-testers, so some consideration from Metaquotes and particularly from Renat would be welcome. Mainly the bug report should be better organized. There are software available publicly, for free to manage that. Why is it so hard for Metaquotes to implement a good solution to manage publicly reported bugs ?!

Sergey, if you can, please report this to Renat, it's very reasonable and constructive proposal.

I second what Alain is saying. I've lost count of bugs both in MT4 and MT5, which I've circumvented with some alternative coding solutions because creating a detailed bug report would consume 10x more time and resources with a very vague result at best. When there is no way to check whether a bug has been already reported or developers already know about, when there is little to no feedback when you submit a bug report, and when fixing some bugs takes years, there is really no incentive for MQL developers to submit any reports unless that's a last resort solution. Integrating a bug tracking system would help here a lot if MetaQuotes is interested in getting good reports and improving overall level of developers' experience. Thanks!

Andriy Moraru:
I second what Alain is saying. I've lost count of bugs both in MT4 and MT5, which I've circumvented with some alternative coding solutions because creating a detailed bug report would consume 10x more time and resources with a very vague result at best. When there is no way to check whether a bug has been already reported or developers already know about, when there is little to no feedback when you submit a bug report, and when fixing some bugs takes years, there is really no incentive for MQL developers to submit any reports unless that's a last resort solution. Integrating a bug tracking system would help here a lot if MetaQuotes is interested in getting good reports and improving overall level of developers' experience. Thanks!
Thank you, I hope to get more post like yours.

Alain Verleyen:

Having a public process to report bugs is a good thing and asking for good technical report is correct. But the way Metaquotes did it is not good and lead most people to NOT report bugs ...

It has been a while since I last posted on the forum, but I 100% agree, and cannot understand why Metaquotes has not done this when every other software development team I know of on the web has implemented it decades ago.

The only reasons I can think of for MetaQuotes not doing so, is either total incompetence and/or simply wanting to manipulate the user base in favour of themselves and for brokers from which they receive their main profits. In other words, a simplistic, one sided view known as "greed", instead of taking a more holistic view of overall gain and satisfaction for all parties involved!

That is why, I wholeheartedly believe that MetaQuotes will never implement  such a system no matter how many times we complain about it.

Alain Verleyen:

Having a public process to report bugs is a good thing and asking for good technical report is correct. But the way Metaquotes did it is not good and lead most people to NOT report bugs, why :

Preparing a solid, documented and reproducible bug report is time consuming, sometimes VERY time consuming. But how may I know there is not already someone doing it ? I have to read all the forum ? As there is not a central place where to look.

I am still ready to do it IF I get some feedback, which is hardly the case. Because when I get a bug, most of the time it's because I need to use some features or techniques provided by MT5 or mql5. When there is a bug I possibly need to find a workaround, if I knew the bug would be fixed soon, I could delay that.

So what is happening now, is the most capable coders are only reporting bugs when they have no other choice. We like MT5, mql5 and we appreciate all the benefits to work around mql5.com, but we don't have time to waste, we are not paid to be beta-testers, so some consideration from Metaquotes and particularly from Renat would be welcome. Mainly the bug report should be better organized. There are software available publicly, for free to manage that. Why is it so hard for Metaquotes to implement a good solution to manage publicly reported bugs ?!

Sergey, if you can, please report this to Renat, it's very reasonable and constructive proposal.

I could not agree more.

Hi, may I ask why has my last post related to a move from quantconnect to metatrader has been discarded? Thank you.

Thomas110 #:
Hi, may I ask why has my last post related to a move from quantconnect to metatrader has been discarded? Thank you.

Discussion about commercial services and commercial products is prohibited on the forum.
That is why I deleted your thread.

I made one post on your thread, waited for some time (just to be sure that you were reading my reply), and after that - I deleted your thread.

This is my post on your deleted/hidden thread:

Moving from QuantConnect to Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2021.12.15 06:22

QuantConnect is commercial cloud-based trading platform.
And QuantConnect can not be compared with Metatrader 4 (MT4) and Metatrader 5 (MT5) because MT4/MT5 are free trading platform (and MT4/MT5 are not cloud-based ones).

----------------

I will delete this thread.

Reason: