Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? - page 5

Ovo Cz:
Cores have little to do with threads.

Yes, I know, I have not used MT4 for some time, but if I remember correctly, in the live trading it used several threads (one for each EA, and one for all the indicators attached to each graph), although they all worked in only one core (at least on my machine). If you did an optimization simultaneously, then another different core was used for it with a single thread.

Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

Yes, I know, I have not used MT4 for some time, but if I remember correctly, in the live trading it used several threads (one for each EA, and one for all the indicators attached to each graph), although they all worked in only one core (at least on my machine). If you did an optimization simultaneously, then another different core was used for it with a single thread.

Regards.

Strategy tester is very different.

However, there is not much difference in threading MT4 and MT5 terminals, the biggest difference is, there is a single thread for indicators in MT4 while the MT5 has a thread per symbol.

You have done so many great arguments about MT5, you said that they do much better back than with MT4 because they use broker data. Nothing more fake! What is the broker who gives us complete and correct data? NOBODY! If I load tick tick data by activr trades ... or pepperstone or any other ... I send them full of mistakes and empty voids!
At least with the dukas data on MT4 I had a correct average reference point! Now with MT5, though a great platform, simulating multipair, is all a crap. The broker does not like our simulations and sends us totally ruined data. Simulating with data tick then give us packets of pre-packaged data from them so that we will miss all the tests. That's what I see today.
Greetings to everyone.

Francis83:

You have done so many great arguments about MT5, you said that they do much better back than with MT4 because they use broker data. Nothing more fake! What is the broker who gives us complete and correct data? NOBODY! If I load tick tick data by activr trades ... or pepperstone or any other ... I send them full of mistakes and empty voids!
At least with the dukas data on MT4 I had a correct average reference point! Now with MT5, though a great platform, simulating multipair, is all a crap. The broker does not like our simulations and sends us totally ruined data. Simulating with data tick then give us packets of pre-packaged data from them so that we will miss all the tests. That's what I see today.
Greetings to everyone.

You can now import your own data into MT5.

Anyway, what's the point to test with Dukascopy data when you will use an other broker to trade ?

Alain Verleyen:

You can now import your own data into MT5.

Anyway, what's the point to test with Dukascopy data when you will use an other broker to trade ?

I use dukascopy as data and simulation in MT4 which unfortunately does not allow trading "multipair". I loaded Active Trades MT5 and when they load my data they give me loads of mistakes and empty voids. I do not know if there is another way to import data into MT5, finding them tick tick tick by Active Trades. Even with Pepperstone the same problem. First, using MT4, I uploaded Dukas data apart and there was not a big difference between Back Test and Forward Test. But so on MT5 is not possible. Is there another way?

However if you kindly tell me that you can upload data separately, thank you so much! I will do a more accurate search. I need to locate the stored data directories for the tests, find the right ones online and import them into the just-mentioned directory. Then maybe work off line. It will be possible?

Hello hello my friend!

Francis83:

I use dukascopy as data and simulation in MT4 which unfortunately does not allow trading "multipair". I loaded Active Trades MT5 and when they load my data they give me loads of mistakes and empty voids. I do not know if there is another way to import data into MT5, finding them tick tick tick by Active Trades. Even with Pepperstone the same problem. First, using MT4, I uploaded Dukas data apart and there was not a big difference between Back Test and Forward Test. But so on MT5 is not possible. Is there another way?

Yes it's possible now, I just wrote it.

You can import data in MT5 if you want.

Alain Verleyen:

Thanks Alain! If you were very kind. Sorry my stunted English but I use google translator. I will follow the link and I will try to understand everything. Thank you again!. Hello, my friend!

Alain Verleyen:

Thanks Alain! If you were very kind. Sorry my stunted English but I use google translator. I will follow the link and I will try to understand everything. Thank you again!. Hello, my friend!

Reason: