Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? - page 2

Fernando Carreiro:

It is up to you if you want to change your post or not, but in relation to features that MT4 has that MT5 does not, I count at least 4.

However I really do not wish to discuss this matter further, because it will only create another flame war and I don't really think that MetaQuotes is very interested in seeing their flagship MT5 being criticised too much.

Lets just leave things as they are.

I'll include it. I already told you that your opinions are very important for me, and I see that for you my own are not so important.

I am very glad that you comment your opinions on this thread. For me, and for many other traders are very important.

Thank you very much, Fernando.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez: I'll include it. I already told you that your opinions are very important for me, and I see that for you my own are not so important.
I am very glad that you comment your opinions on this thread. For me, and for many other traders are very important.

That is not true! I do value them! It is just that, recently, I have had too many heated discussions with several users and moderators here on the forum as my opinions don't always sit too well with people.

So, I am trying to not "kick up any dust" and keeping my opinions to myself so as to "keep the peace"!

Fernando Carreiro:

It is up to you if you want to change your post or not, but in relation to features that MT4 has that MT5 does not, I count at least 4.

However I really do not wish to discuss this matter further, because it will only create another flame war and I don't really think that MetaQuotes is very interested in seeing their flagship MT5 being criticised too much.

Lets just leave things as they are.

Ok, I have just included your request. It's true, in MT5 you can't import your own historical data and therefore, you can't create offline charts. As far as I know , it's the unique MT4 feature than is not possible in MT5.

But, in MT5 there are many more capabilities than not possible in MT4 as I mentioned in the first post.

Many thanks for alll your comments. Regards a a big hug.

Fernando Carreiro:

That is not true! I do value them! It is just that, recently, I have had too many heated discussions with several users and moderators here on the forum as my opinions don't always sit too well with people.

So, I am trying to not "kick up any dust" and keeping my opinions to myself so as to "keep the peace"!

Your opinions are always welcome for me, and for may many many other traders. Do not listen to those people you mention. Many thanks for your opinion, Fernando. Thanks, thanks, thanks, and many thanks.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:Ok, I have just included your request. It's true, in MT5 you can't import your own historical data and therefore, you cann't create offline charts. As far as I know , it's the unique MT4 feature than is not possible in MT5.

But, in MT5 there are many more capabilities than not possible in MT4 as I mentioned in the first post.

No those are two are separate things! Importing your own Tick data for the Strategy Tester is a completely different operation to producing or using "Offline Charts". They are not directly related.

So, as far as this goes, it is 2 features that MT5 does not have!

This thread did put me in doubt whether i should switch to MT5 or not.

I have made my decision and i will stick to MT4 for as long as there will be incoming ticks.

The limitations, or advantages offered here mean nothing to me and i stick with the proven one.

I know for sure that if i switch to MT5, it will bring a lot of trouble.

There is no point in driving a good old car to the junkyard yet, just because the manufacturer produced a new model.

Usually these new things have many issues while the old things seemingly last forever.

Fernando Carreiro:

No those are two are separate things! Importing Tick data for the Strategy Tester is a completely different operation to producing or using "Offline Charts". They are not directly related.

So, as far as this goes, it is 2 features that MT5 does not have!

I did not want to go too far on the subject of importing tick data. Really, how many tick data sources do you have available in MT4 to import ???, Dukascopy and Integral / Pepperstone ???. Just the two of them mostly, right? "

Almost everyone uses Dukascopy data, and almost nobody has the real tick data of their broker, does it matter so much ??? Who has the real tick data of their broker ??.

For me it is not very important because in MT5 if you have the data of your broker. Although you can not import those of Dukascopy.

Is everyone a Dukascopy customer ??? Or does everyone want their own broker's data ?? "

I think that almost everyone wants their broker's data and not those of Dukascopy. In MT5 you can have the tick data of your broker and you do not have to import those of Dukascopy.

If you are a client of FxPro, ActivTrades or RoboForex, what do you want the Dukascopy tick data for ???. I'll tell you, that's because in MT4 you did not have tick data, so if you wanted tick data it was only possible if you imported Dukascopy data, but in MT5 there is no need for Dukascopy data, since you can Have the tick data of your broker.

Therefore, in my opinion, it is not a relevant feature in MT5. But if you want to incorporate it separately, I will, but then I will include other features of MT5 that I did not include in the initial post.

Many Thanks for your opinion.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
I did not want to go too far on the subject of importing tick data. Really, how many tick data sources do you have available in MT4 to import ???, Dukascopy and Integral / Pepperstone ???. Just the two of them mostly, right? "

Almost everyone uses Dukascopy data, and almost nobody has the real tick data of their broker, does it matter so much ??? Who has the real tick data of their broker ??.

For me it is not very important because in MT5 if you have the data of your broker. Although you can not import those of Dukascopy.

Is everyone a Dukascopy customer ??? Or does everyone want their own broker's data ?? "

I think that almost everyone wants their broker's data and not those of Dukascopy. In MT5 you can have the tick data of your broker and you do not have to import those of Dukascopy.

If you are a client of FxPro, ActivTrades or RoboForex, what do you want the Dukascopy tick data for ???. I'll tell you, that's because in MT4 you did not have tick data, so if you wanted tick data it was only possible if you imported Dukascopy data, but in MT5 there is no need for Dukascopy data, since you can Have the tick data of your broker.

Therefore, in my opinion, it is not a relevant feature in MT5. But if you want to incorporate it separately, I will, but then I will include other features of MT5 that I did not include in the initial post.

You see, you are disputing the fact again and imposing your own opinion and disregarding where others will not agree. That is what I wanted to avoid. Do as you wish!

Marco vd Heijden:

Your opinion is welcome. You have your reasons. Many thanks for your valuable opinion. Regards and a big hug.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
Who has the real tick data of their broker ??.

I do (hence my tick harvesting).

I harvest ticks and then generate offline charts from that data by building my own .hst files to my specifications.

To be clear - this is nothing to do with strategy tester.

At the moment, it would appear there is a frustrating split between MT4 and MT5.

In MT4, I can create offline charts for whatever I want. Different timeframes, renko, range, composite symbols. I can treat those offline charts like standard charts.

But, I have to harvest my own ticks and that causes some headaches.

In contrast, MT5 gives me access to all my broker's tick data - great! But I can't create an offline chart to use that data. 

I hope to see MT5 close the gap by providing native support for alternative chart timeframes and styles.

Reason: