MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 17

Jimdandy:

Ok... So as usual I'm confused.... about the whole init/deinit event calls in a script.

The OnInit and OnDeInit() events are called in a script.

The documentation will be updated.

In build 610 I get no more 4066 errors, even when the history data is completely deleted.

(Last weekend (again) my build 509 terminal updated itself to build 604, several days after

when the webinstaller installed build 610.)

Quantum:

The OnInit and OnDeInit() events are called in a script.

The documentation will be updated.

Ok thanks "Quantum" for clearing that up. I look forward to the new documentation with keen anticipation. (y) hmm.. was trying to make a thumbs up .. but apparently that's not the way to do it....

PipPip...Jimdandy

Dear Sirs,

The upgrade to 600 and above (604 in my case), has been nothing less than a nightmare of epic proportions for me and a vast number op traders out there.

I now discovered that the files written by the new Build (has lots of numbers in them) can be overwritten and add the name of my Broker in there, BUT when I do that and restart the Platform, it writes back another one of those long figures and ignores mine. One has to be very careful that you do not save your Templates in the wrong Folder. Why did you have to complicate things to such an extent? Surely not all traders are IT / Coding Engineers.

Be kind enough and help me to get my computer to run at normal CPU usage and usable. I have not been able to trade for 3 days now because the Memory goes to >240,000K and CPU to 48% almost immediately. It is futile to even want to open a second platform.

Please help at your very earliest convenience.

Thanking you most sincerely,

Hercs78: Memory goes to >240,000K and CPU to 48% almost immediately. It is futile to even want to open a second platform.

Try reducing the number of Bars-On-Chart and Open-Charts.

Follow the menu: Tools>Options>Charts.

Ubzen, thank you for your reply. I have been trading with MT since inception and have long ago decided to reduce my number of Bars to the bare minimum. That is not the problem I can assure you.

Is that all you can offer?Previous Builds allowed for up to 10 - 12 charts open without Memory reaching those levels, now I can hardly run 4 !

Hercs78: Ubzen, thank you for your reply. I have been trading with MT since inception and have long ago decided to reduce my number of Bars to the bare minimum. That is not the problem I can assure you. Is that all you can offer?Previous Builds allowed for up to 10 - 12 charts open without Memory reaching those levels, now I can hardly run 4 !

Are you sure you don't have an Expert || Script || Indicator which as resource heavy?

Btw, I don't work for metaQuotes ... therefore I have no special information to give.

Here's what mines says. Allot of people on the forum isn't complaining about this.

Thanks for your reply, Ubzen.

Sorry if I gave you the idea that I thought you work for MetaQuotes, but I am just desperately trying to resolve my issues that I did NOT have prior to the new release.

Every time that I close the program and re-open it, it writes to another Folder and I end up having to re-install my charts. It is freaking weird - it takes 32 seconds to respond to a command.

I can go back to the pre-600 release of course, but what worries me is that they will find a way back in again and than I have all these problems all over again.

It seems that I cannot get help from here either. What a pity.

Continued success to you though.

Build 610 does not reconnect to the trade server/account after a disconnect. In the status bar it states "invalid account".

Well, that behavior tracks over 3 accounts same broker/server.

I have to manually select the account and logon to reconnect.

Hercs78:

Every time that I close the program and re-open it, it writes to another Folder and I end up having to re-install my charts.

Have you tried the /portable option?
Reason: