PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 37

nix:
Wouldn't you rather have {TesterGraphHedge.gif} rather then {TesterGraphNoHedge.gif} ?

That is the wrong comparison. You should compare it to using a stop where you placed the hedge.

Note that using the hedge to freeze current drawdown until price returns locks you out of one side of trades completely. If a long martingale trade starts being hedged, no more long signals are accepted until this trade is closed out. Only the short side can help to slowly dig out of the hole and all orders will eventually be closed. Unfortunately, also the short side can get stuck in a hedge.

But this first attempt is still better than nothing. For me, hedging can be a replacement for stops, but you shouldn't compare it to using no stops at all.

alassio:
That is the wrong comparison. You should compare it to using a stop where you placed the hedge.

Note that using the hedge to freeze current drawdown until price returns locks you out of one side of trades completely. If a long martingale trade starts being hedged, no more long signals are accepted until this trade is closed out. Only the short side can help to slowly dig out of the hole and all orders will eventually be closed. Unfortunately, also the short side can get stuck in a hedge.

But this first attempt is still better than nothing. For me, hedging can be a replacement for stops, but you shouldn't compare it to using no stops at all.

I agree with you entirely. You can achieve the same (or better, because you now have both sides working for you) by placing a stop at the 5 level of martingale and continue trading. I'm simply trying to "develop" a reasonable exit strategy for martingale progressions. I was also thinking of closing parts of loosing trades and compensate by hedging these positions. I will test several ideas and see if there is anything at all that can help me avoid such devastating losses.

Personally I'm not a big fan of martingale progressions, because they are very risky and can wipe out the entire margin account. I'm also not convinced by the idea of taking our profits each month, because by the end of the month there can me nothing to take out, plus the profits are not that great compared to the potential losses (something like setting TP to 1 pip and SL to 100 pips).

...however I will give it a shot and try to come out with some sort of safe way to trade using this EA since the entry signals are really good and it would be a shame to waste this.

xxDavidxSxx:
Yea I'll do that. But its set to 0 by default.

Ok, great, while your at it, can you enable changeable lots sizes now to?

How's your Hedge work coming? I would like to Live test PacManJr_GBP$ with protection for a bit and see how it behaves

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Ok, great, while your at it, can you enable changeable lots sizes now to?

How's your Hedge work coming? I would like to Live test PacManJr_GBP$ with protection for a bit and see how it behaves

Thanks

The lot size and risk and equity target are all 3 in perfect harmony. I need to code these 3 things so that if risk is one thing equity target is automatically set accordingly. These three plus the trailing s/l and profit target all make up the balance of the ea. If one is changed, they all need adjusted.

I will try to code in a way to adjust risk size, so that the other settings will change to keep the balance.

As for hedge. Nix is probly going to be our best bet. This is a difficult thing to work into the ea, in the affective manor we intend for it to be. No estamated time for this one.

Dave

nix:
I know. Hedging is really a way for rebalancing so you will not get stopped out too soon if your trade goes bad, but if manage your trades well during the hedge you can survive and keep on trading. You will not make any money, but you will stay in the game. Wouldn't you rather have {TesterGraphHedge.gif} rather then {TesterGraphNoHedge.gif} ?

heres what I keep getting in hedge tests. My graphs suk

Files:

do i need attach i_Trend ? now i using MrsPacMan

Statement

Yes Pacman.

Best Regards.

moneymaxs:
do i need attach i_Trend ? now i using MrsPacMan

Only pacmanJr uses i_trend.

guernica:
Yes Pacman. Best Regards.

Nice job!

Dave

Round 2

Heres the start of round 2. Here are up to date statements on accounts. This is after withdrawals. The drop at the end of graph is not bust.

Disclosure:

Remember this whole demonstration of managing martingale ea's is to help show they can work. These accounts in no way reflect my regular trade accounts, and ea's are not placed on client accounts unless requested.

And am in no way responsible for any losses caused by my settings or ea's.

Dave

Files:
Reason: