MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 21

ray:

there is bug in ArrayCopy? version 600-602

I can't get the correct copy prices, but datetime is correct.

Thank you for your message. Fixed please wait for updates.

С новым обновлением у меня теперь проблема с роботом. Форекс сетка.... Как исправить??????

sanek46207:
С новым обновлением у меня теперь проблема с роботом. Форекс сетка.... Как исправить??????

Зарегистрируйтесь на mql5.com и создайте заявку в сервисдеск через профиль.

build1team:

Why does the terminal automatically update to the new version without prompt, should we not have the option of upgrading like before.

Live update used to pop up asking if you want to upgrade the terminal, why was this removed?

Liveupdate hasn't been used for a long time . . . if you want to have the option enable UAC and install in Program Files.

Having a problem with setting alerts from the chart. Default for alerts is sound, which I always change to mail and send to my cell. With build 600 now shows a red arrow on the chart where the alert is set, this can be dragged up or down to change price level. This can also be changed to "modify"/"Delete"/"Disable" by right clicking on the arrow, but the problem is that when I set the alarm on the chart, right click modify change it to mail and enter my message it does not change it and leaves it set to sound. Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a bug in the build

I have updated most of my legacy code. I like the warnings and tips the new metaeditor gives. I like that MQL5 is now more accessible to me, but without breaking absolutely all my old code beyond hope.

HOWEVER, I'm a programmer. I can deal with this far better than typical users.

MetaQuotes... keep the new MetaEditor, but you just HAVE to also bring back the ability to compile old ".mq4" into this new build.

I can think of two good approaches.

A) One is to recognize a compiler directive such as "#property legacymq4" (MY MADE UP NAME; this is not official (yet) ). If the new MetaEditor sees that, it should handle the entire file just like 509, including allowing the use of old keywords like "char", "input", and so on. I foresee that a problem is that the new compiler has only new Help files, and understands the new commands. It also requires users to add to the old files this new line, which ought to be easy, but is beyond the skills of plenty of unsophisticated users. So... if this approach is too hard or complicated for the new MetaEditor to handle, there is an even better solution:

B) Bring back the old editor and it's associated Help file(s) into this new build. RENAME it to "LegacyEditor.exe" or whatever you want. The only changes you should make is to make it understand the new "MQL4\" folder structure. You should also add into the terminal menu some access for this new Editor, and add the same access into the current MetaEditor. In other words, make it trivially easy for the user to start up the legacy editor.

The fact remains that there is far too much legacy .mq4 that people still need to EDIT and COMPILE once again! You claim to support .ex4 in new build>=600, and that is largely true. I also can see you're fixing bugs to fix more incompatibilities. Great.

But there's a ton of old ".mq4" that can NOT be compiled in the new version. You are FORCING users to jump through hoops to find/retrieve/borrow old copies of 509 just so they can EDIT and RECOMPILE legacy code. No one likes the fact that for even this, the user must manually copy the .ex4 files around. So fix this, and build it all into the latest version.

I filed a Service Request, but initially I filed it with too complex of a suggestion compared to the two above. in my request, I made the point:

"You have turned www.mql4.com into a repository of mostly garbage! "

Why? Because almost all the posts have only legacy ".mq4" files, and hardly any also have the ".ex4" files uploaded.

The same can be said for the tons of .mq4 files that are posted on ForexFactory, Forex-tsd, and elsewhere. You CANNOT SERIOUSLY let the status quo remain as it is!

You either support legacy code or not. Supporting only old *.ex4 files is NOT a complete solution. It's a cop-out.

Users must still be able to compile old .mq4 code, as is, using something provided in the latest MT4 release. It's that simple.

Users, if you agree, add your vote. If you have a different suggestion, please do so.

pips4life:

I made similar points in some posts, but no one commented or reacted.

I've got approx 100000 lines of MY code, and at least 40000 is active and trading on live servers and being actively maintained and improved,
so i started experimenting with migrating.

There is no way this is going to work correctly by using suggested compatibility mode.
As you said, www.mql4.com is turned into a repository of mostly garbage.

A solution would be what you suggested. However, i don't expect that MQ cares for this, nor will change anything.
They simply decided it is going to be like this, and they are not going to change their mind.

The smartest thing to do, is to implement #property strict in every file and start rewriting, testing on demo etc.

So you can either accept this and start rewriting, or migrate to some other trading environment.

They should have bundled the old compiler and maintained 100% backward compatibility with old mq4 and ex4

Maybe only use the new compiler if some property is set/absent, or the extension is different eg .mql

graziani:

migrate to some other trading environment.

Metaquotes has demonstrated irresponsible behavior bordering on malpractice with this release. This latest fiasco has proven that maintaining an association with Metaquotes as either a developer, trader or broker is no longer a viable business decision. MT4 was successful because of the developers, not because of the inherent strengths of the platform. MT5 has failed because of the lack of developer support. So rather than rewriting all that code, only to have Metaquotes break it again, Just Say No. Or, failing that, Developers: Send a bill to MetaQuotes for $200/hour for every hour you've had to work re-writing code for build 600+; Traders: Send a bill to MetaQuotes for all losses incurred since 600+ was released. (One trader on forex factory had his entire live account wiped out and a -$30,000 balance due to errors in the EA trading gold.); Brokers: send MetaQuotes a bill for reduced trading volume you've had since 600+ was released compared to pre-600 and for all the extra support calls required since 600+ was released. And find another platform. Despite one moderator's opinion that only brokers are clients of Metaquotes, not traders or developers, (a view I reject), Metaquotes is, in fact, solely responsible for the financial and productivity losses of all of these groups.

My company's decision was to Just Say No. And migrate. Despite almost 6 years of experience with MT4, and hundreds of EA's and indicators.

http://mechanicalforex.com/2014/02/dealing-with-the-latest-mt4-build-600.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MechanicalForex+%28Mechanical+Forex%29

"I continue to be amazed by the ability of the Metaquotes company to steam roll their users with their automatic updates that introduce massive changes that should only belong within an Alpha release. This week the MetaTrader 4 platform has been updated to build 600+ on many brokers – via an automatic process that does not even ask the user – breaking a lot of previous functionality and making a lot of indicator and expert advisor implementations completely useless. Imagine if you’re trading something live and suddenly it gets completely killed by a platform update (that you didn’t even ask for) that simply changes the entire way in which the programming language functions and interacts with other programs. Within this post I will share with you some tips to deal with the latest Metaquotes joke on Forex traders, giving you some information that will hopefully help you avoid any chaos in the short term and eventually migrate your implementations in the longer term."

Reason: