MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 15

salab76:
a question ....
but maybe I'm wrong ... something I

when I go to compile a file I compile other files!??

I use the portable mode!

why rebuilds all the files!

something wrong??

also:
I delete all the former of indicators, expert and scripts ....
restart mt4 (portable)
I only recreates the former indicators and EA ... no scripts!!
boh!

who gives me a help?

Which OS is installed on your PC? IS UAC enabled? Where did the terminal was installed? Which user permissions do you use to start terminal? Do you use 602 build of client terminal? Could you provide terminal log file?

oliwand:

I send you the ex4 file:
They need the source code . . or write some other code that reproduces the issue and send them that.

oliwand:

I send you the ex4 file:

It looks like it isn't EA but script. If you try to put it into Scripts folder you will be able to run it.

The second question is why does the compiler decided that is the script? To answer on this question we have to see the source.

alexvd:

I've just tried to trade by test EA on demo.metaquotes.net:444. I haven't got "trade timeout" errors. Which server do you connect?

Hi Alexvd,

Thanks loads for your help.

I get trade timeout errors on most I tried for sure on these.

ICMarkets-Demo

ICMarkets-Live2

Armada-DemoUK - Armada Markets Pty Ltd

Armada-Live

Some order go through others will not.

It also happens just trying to send an order manually it is not restricted to EA's only.

It seems to be a problem at multiple brokers. No issue with 509 at all, so it not an internet issue. Ticks stream in fine, but orders timeout often in 602.

I hope this helps, let me know what else you may need. Cheers, Sim

alexvd:

It looks like it isn't EA but script. If you try to put it into Scripts folder you will be able to run it.

The second question is why does the compiler decided that is the script? To answer on this question we have to see the source.

I send you the source code:
Files:
lepireea.mq4  16 kb

oliwand:

You arre right it has taken as a script ..... Very strange ............

alexvd:

I've just tried to trade by test EA on demo.metaquotes.net:444. I haven't got "trade timeout" errors. Which server do you connect?

Hi Alex,

Thanks again, just to confirm I also have no issues with demo.metaquotes.net:444, only broker servers and build 602. I did not mean to update it just did it a couple of days ago automatically.

It is not just me, see someone else in the forum wrote.

"Investigated further - when I try to place a pending order I get 'please wait your order is being sent to the broker' which remains until trade times out. If I try to place another pending order after that it will execute straight away. On Metaquotes demo platform the issue is not apparent - if I login to my live broker accounts on the MQ platform the issue occurs on all of my live account regardless of the broker. If the platform is restarted the issue presents again in the same manner untile after 'trade timeout' then a pending order will execute. All on build 602."

Cheers

Sim

oliwand:

Remove or comment the line

#property show_inputs

It is property of scripts so the new compiler decides that it is a script

alexvd:

Hi Alex,

I am beginning to understand this more now. I have been through my logs and runs tests. The trade timeout 128 occurs the first time an order or modification is send after a Broker disconnect, or MT4 restart or if the EA is taken off a chart and put back on. using build 602 and most broker accounts. It does not happen with the demo.metaquotes.net:444. server.

If you send multiple orders during this "trade timeout period" you start to get a stream of "trade context busy errors" as-well. It seems that after this first error period that last ~ 1min it start to place orders correctly.

However, as soon as there is a disconnect the error returns immediately.

I hope this helps trouble shoot the issue.

Cheers, Sim

Hello Alexvd,

I noticed a small problem. I have performed the following steps:

1. Windows 7 (64 bit), UAC is turned off

2. I have
installed the MetaTrader 4 Build 600

3. Now I have
copied two indicators in the directory "C:\MetaTrader\MQL4\Indicators". The Indikators names were : "Test1.ex4" and "Test2.mql4"

4. UAC turned back on and restarted PC

5. In this case the MetaTrader
created a directory under the path "C: \ ... \ ... \ AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\INSTANCE_ID\MQL4\Indicators"

6. Unfortunately, in the new user directory, ther are only the indicator "Test2.mql4" taken over. I have no access to the indikator
"Test1.ex4" and the indikator is also not located in the folder; "C: \ ... \ ... \ AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\INSTANCE_ID\MQL4\Indicators"

7. Only the indicators or Expert Advisor copied which are present in the mql4-format. The ex4-files are not copied.

Why the compiled files are not copied?

Reason: