MetaTrader 4 Build 600 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 48

rod178:
Great contribution ! Thank you.

Odd behavior with StrToTime() / StringToTime()

Print("t1  ", StrToTime("2013-10-05 02:00"));  // returns  t1 1392730328
Print("t2  ", StrToTime("2014-04-06 03:00"));  // returns  t2 1392730446
Print("t1  ", StrToTime("2013-10-05 02:00"));   // returns  t1 1392730527
Print("t2  ", StrToTime("2014-04-06 03:00"));   // returns  t2 1392730527

rod178:

Odd behavior with StrToTime() / StringToTime()

Already reported to ServiceDesk. There is a topic on the forum about this issue.

angevoyageur:

Already reported to ServiceDesk. There is a topic on the forum about this issue.

Good - I was slowly losing more of my mind debugging.

Approx which page on the forum?

All I could find was mql4.com/60901#908484

This mess, and it is a mess, is probably a good opportunity for Dukascopy's JForex to take market share from MT4

rod178:
This mess, and it is a mess, is probably a good opportunity for Dukascopy's JForex to take market share from MT4
People that do not master this simple mess cannot master JAVA.

Ovo:
People that do not master this simple mess cannot master JAVA.

LOL - already mastered JAVA, although prefer C++. The issue with JForex is lack of Broker choice, although that may soon change.

This is not a matter of learning / recoding for C++ syntax, it is a matter of broken functionality.

PS do not much like being used as a Beta Tester, without my consent.

rod178:

LOL - already mastered JAVA, although prefer C++. The issue with JForex is lack of Broker choice, although that may soon change.

This is not a matter of learning / recoding for C++ syntax, it is a matter of broken functionality.

PS do not much like being used as a Beta Tester, without my consent.

It is not about you and me, it is about people that refuse OOP. They panic if their simple script turns into a list of errors and warnings, and I cannot imagine them working with JAVA. So the share is safe with them.

Don't know whether this one is fixed in 610 yet.

Synopsis:

"0" and "1" are flipped to "false" and "true" when a .set file is saved from the chart.

Reproduction:

1. Attach EA to chart. Open a .set file for the EA. Close the dialog.
  2. Open the EA properties dialog again. Make some changes.
  3. Save the changed .set file.
  4. Open the .set file from the strategy tester

A .set file before

and after saving the .set file from the chart

and after opening the same .set file from the strategy tester

Result:

Boolean which were "0" and "1" in the chart were converted to "false" and "true" in the saved .set file of step 3.)

After this the boolean variables of the .set file are all "false" in the strategy tester.

If the strategy tester saves the file again then the "false" and "true" representations are overwritten by "0" and "1" respectively which leads to "0" for any boolean variable regardless of its previous value.

Expected result:

The strategy tester should have recognized the text representations of boolean variables and translated them accordingly.

Possible consequences:

If one oversees this "false"-flipping of .set files then a variable named "preventRiskExcess" can wreak havoc on the account when suddenly set to "false" instead to "1".

Proposed resolution:

Unify the handling of .set files between the chart properties of the EA and the strategy properties.

euclid:

Integration testing? Surely that has to be done by the user.

Rolled out to live accounts? The terminal installation isn't bound to a single account. It's up to the users whether they test on live or demo

Major/Minor. Yes. It's a major upgrade. I don't get your point.

It was first announced in July and their have been beta tests between then and the general deployment on Feb 4th. Brokers and developers should have been well aware that this was coming and informed their clients. That said, I do not understand why the live update procedure has to be so user unfriendly. A simple dialog that pops up and says "Hey you are being updated please refer to this web page" would make all the difference to the user experience.

I think if there were some viable competition for MT4 they might be more careful with their public image, but sadly I have yet to find it.

Integration testing has to be done by the developer/user. You're absolutely right. But then they should have the possibility to decide when the adaption process is finished and roll out the production/live environment by themselves.

This situation was given until one year ago. Then MetaQuotes all of a sudden removed a documented process to prevent an update and shoos anyone here in best Carol-Beer-manners who describes any way to prevent the upgrade.

When you don't get the point behind major version numbers and build incrementals then your carreer in the financial software industry will be pretty short. Promised. The regulators are dang tough these days when it comes to operational risk management in financial institutions. And if a financial CEO does not comply then his company pays higher rates for those operational risks - aside of the risk of being completely shut down in grave cases.

And yes: MT4/MT5 is a financial software and brokers have to bow before the regulators. I hear that they are currently massively under pressure by this mess already.

Reason: