MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 101

Y.A.K._:

In "C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes" empty, in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes" also WebInstall is not found.

Where could it be hiding? Delete what?

I have C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw\ (this is where you downloaded the update files)

and here C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\MetaQuotes\MetaTrader 4 Terminal\BFEF61E52958345376ECD9EDC011B7A04\liveupdate.exe

and here C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\ (empty folder)

also C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\ (also empty)

Deleted the first two back at 534, since then nothing updates itself. Only after connecting to the metaquotes demo the update goes and only the beta terminals (all if not erased those folders), 509 as they were and still are.

Well, they must have self-destructed somehow.

I ran another terminal a few times and didn't notice anything suspicious in the log.

Listen friends, do others also have graphical objects not appearing in 555 build or am I the only lucky one?

About the updates, I had exactly as Renat explained. Demo terminal is of course constantly updated, the other terminal (real account) was updated through my fault, I rebooted it at the wrong time, but it was in the early Beta builds, I think 534. All the profiles, sets got wiped clean, but it's not critical for me. I moved the whole /experts/ folder to the new /MQL4/. Now this terminal keeps updating, but other 509s don't update. For full disclosure - I have deleted folder WebInstall at the beginning, so as not to arbitrarily use it.

But it's not the first time that Artem writes about it, it's not happening to me. I need one reboot to update, and no warnings.

Hello, Renat, do you plan to make in ME drop-down auto-list of functions by the first typed letters case-independent or it is a principled position of ME developers and made with some secret, incomprehensible to us purpose? Nowhere have I found an answer to this question, and the situation has been dragging on for a very long time and is very inconvenient.

Also, the suggestion that the user should be prompted for an upgrade when a new version is released is reasonable. As with many well-designed programs, a brief description of the changes could be displayed to make it easier for the user to decide whether or not to upgrade. And for each copy of the terminal separately. After all, everyone has different tasks and approaches, which should be taken into account with such a huge user base of your product. And in "Settings" you can select update mode: automatically (default), with request and do not update. Then users will have a choice - it is always more beneficial than a single hard-coded action that only suits some of your users. Maintenance issues will not add much to the problem. If a user disables updates, that's their decision and their problem. Because many users (me too) disable updates manually by deleting webinstaller folder. So why not do it in a civilised way?

Looked at 555 build library:

1) forgot to remove the old "stubs" on the new ENUM_XXXXXXX in "ChartObject.mqh"

2) function ObjectCreate does not work according to the first description

which covered using the library to create objects, particularly buttons (it worked before)

3) And the help does not have this description, there is only the second, which at the moment does work.

In the EA Properties window the colour clrDarkSeaGreen is shown as 143,188,143, this is not seen with the other colours, they go by their own names. Although for all colours I can not say, not checked all.

Does anyone have graphical objects (buttons) in 555 work or not?

pro_:

In the EA Properties window the colour clrDarkSeaGreen is shown as 143,188,143, this is not seen with the other colours, they go by their own names. Although for all colours I can not say, not checked all.

Does anyone have graphical objects (buttons) in 555 work or not?

Yes, they do - if you create them using the second function description, as in the manual.

I'm still hoping for a fix. Everything seemed to work fine and I don't want to rewrite the code at all.

Renat promised a new build with working graphical objects on Monday, i.e. tomorrow. Let's see what the coming day has in store for us.

artmedia70:

I've started to have problems with the output of graphical objects. At one point in the code, a function

called as follows:

outputs a vertical trend line in the indicator window without any problems (I mark the zero bar to facilitate visual perception of indicator points during debugging):

When I call the same function from another place in the code like this:

I can use it to mark the bar in the chart, from which the pending order level is calculated, then, strange as it may seem, parameters passed to it show true and correct values, the bar time is written to the trend line name, but the line itself has all zero values and is displayed as a "Ray", though I pass false - not a ray - to the function parameter responsible for this option:

I don't see an error in the code. Could it be a glitch?
I respect pioneers! I'll follow after you!
Reason: