MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 6

szgy74:

This is of no use when there are more than 512 mq4 files in the directory, MT4 cannot handle more. The last ones disappear from the navigator window.
LOL,  why do you need so many Indicators/EAs/Scripts ?  delete/move the ones you don't need . . .

NevTon:

My MT4 terminal v.509 hangs out after keyboard click on any of navigating keys (home, end, pgup, pgdn, left, right, up, down, and alt - for lines dragging).

Anyone have same thing?

Please, help, thanks.

Edit: I'm using Win XP SP3 (32bit).

Reported this to the service desk :)

I have traded the MT4 platform for 5 years. I have 3 different custom alert indicators I have had programmed. In this latest build my alerts will not sound. They have worked perfectly for 5 years, now they don't.

Because I have a 70% hearing loss I am unable to hear platform default alerts. for past 5 years I have deleted the default alerts & added wav files that sound with as much as 115 decibels so I a m able to hear audible alerts that catch my attention when certain conditions defined inside my alerts occur. My trade strategy uses the 1H, 4H, & day charts. When a custom indicator I use comes into agreement on all 3 charts I trade.

This strategy has serious wait times, sometimes 16 hours before a trade setup happens, sometimes 2 to 4 hours delay. Rather than sit through all these hours of wait time I had an alert made to summon me to computer to computer. 

I am unable to hear my alerts now, as a result of newest build, my broker assumes. I went online & downloaded demo platforms from 2 other brokers this AM to see if there is a difference. NO DIFFERENCE IN BROKER PLATFORMS!!! None of them will function properly with the latest build.

What can you do to help me with this problem? I spent 2 1/2 hours on telephone with my broker today with him attempting to make platform work. Now 6 hours later he says the only thing he can figure is the newest build, (509), is the culprit.

rollo:

I have traded the MT4 platform for 5 years. I have 3 different custom alert indicators I have had programmed. In this latest build my alerts will not sound. They have worked perfectly for 5 years, now they don't.

Because I have a 70% hearing loss I am unable to hear platform default alerts. for past 5 years I have deleted the default alerts & added wav files that sound with as much as 115 decibels so I a m able to hear audible alerts that catch my attention when certain conditions defined inside my alerts occur. My trade strategy uses the 1H, 4H, & day charts. When a custom indicator I use comes into agreement on all 3 charts I trade.

This strategy has serious wait times, sometimes 16 hours before a trade setup happens, sometimes 2 to 4 hours delay. Rather than sit through all these hours of wait time I had an alert made to summon me to computer to computer. 

I am unable to hear my alerts now, as a result of newest build, my broker assumes. I went online & downloaded demo platforms from 2 other brokers this AM to see if there is a difference. NO DIFFERENCE IN BROKER PLATFORMS!!! None of them will function properly with the latest build.

What can you do to help me with this problem? I spent 2 1/2 hours on telephone with my broker today with him attempting to make platform work. Now 6 hours later he says the only thing he can figure is the newest build, (509), is the culprit.

How do we reproduce this issue ?  then we can investigate and suggest a fix or if not we can then report it to the Metaquotes Service Desk.

rollo:

Can you delete and replace the wav files and try again ? I assume newest build delete and replace your wav files.

And by the way, what is your operating system  and where did you install MT4, is it isn default C:\Program Files or outside it ? 

If I had an email address, I could send you a copy of my alerts. After writing your reply, I went back & reinstalled the default alerts & they work perfectly as they are intended, but I also had my aftermarket wav files still in platform. Since this latest upgrade of platform, ( build 509 ), these wav files will do nothing. My broker is IBFX & their tech support people are unable to determine what the problem is.

I have another computer hard drive, from my previous computer, that motherboard went out on last year, that has a build from last October which worked fine with these wav files. If I put it on my present computer, my broker says your server will automatically update to this latest build. My broker is who said they believe it may be the latest build.

I have attempted to attach my alert to this post. This isn't the format I am familiar with when sending an attachment. I hope this thing has attached properly. I also tried to attach 1 of my wav files I use for alerts.

This particular alert gives a signal as I choose when the CCI Crosses down into the o'sold area & up into the o'bought area, then another when CCI comes back up out of o'sold/down out of o'bought area, & it sounds when CCI reverses up/down while CCI indicator line is between 100 & -100 lines. The obvious thing is to set a different sound for each event so you know from wav file that sounds what is happening with the indicator.

I forgot to tell you I am using windows 7 O.S. My live platform is outside & my demo platform is inside the C:\Program Files.

I did remove wav files & reinstall default files as well as adding a few wav files back into platform. As I said the default sounds function fine The aftermarket won't produce sound.

RaptorUK :
How do we reproduce this issue ? then we can investigate and suggest a fix or if not we can then report it to the Metaquotes Service Desk.

? ?

Perhaps you could post your code for others to try and reproduce your issue.

I am ignorant about posting code & don't know what you mean by "post your code" so others can try to reproduce my issue.

I assume my attachment to previous entry isn't satisfactory.

rollo :

I am ignorant about posting code & don't know what you mean by "post your code" so others can try to reproduce my issue.

I assume my attachment to previous entry isn't satisfactory.

Check your previous posts, there are no attachments . . . you can attach the following file types: mq4, ex4, mq5, ex5, mqh, mqt, zip, txt if you want to post a .wav you need to zip it first.

To post code please use the SRC button: How to use the SRC button.

Reason: