New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 406

MetaTrader 4 Terminal build 406

1. Corrected Hebrew, Turkish and Portuguese translations.
  2. Added a link of www.mql5.com/en/job in the MetaEditor.
  3. Fixed errors reported in crash logs.
The live update will be available via the LiveUpdate system.

why i can't use my gmail account sendmail mql4 statement ?

THANKS

MARIO

Rosh:

Rosh:

Hi,

when i select another profile it takes a very long time to load what can i do about this ?

TIA

Hans

Hi,

is it possible to add more features to MT4 ? like Market depth feature ? and an option "one click to close all trades" if mt4 worries that people might press it by mistake then they can add that option to settings to either enable it or not, i realize there are scripts for that but many people want that feature that i think it should be part of the platform

regards

wansiman:

Hi,

when i select another profile it takes a very long time to load what can i do about this ?

TIA

Hans

I have the same problem when I open a new profile mt4 freeze, It occurs after I updated with the new version.

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

WHRoeder:
Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7
At Markets .com it is very slow when i use custom indicators i dont have that problem with FXDD or Pepperstone (just a little slower)

Build 406 is a *disaster* for me!!! I'm going to have to down-rev back to 402 until the extreme slowness gets fixed!

FYI, I use Win7 x64 with 4G RAM, Quad-CPU desktop. Though 3yrs old, it's still a fairly powerful machine compared to many users. Yes MT4 is installed in \program(x86), however, I don't run into any system permission problems because I selected the MT4 folder, clicked Properties->Security->Users->Edit->Full Control=Allow. This allows MT4 to update the files within this hierarchy. With this setting, I never have to fuss with the Win7 virtual file sandbox. AFAIK, it would be the same behavior as if I installed MT4 into a different non-\program location.

The performance of 402 was fine but 406 is absolutely terrible. In my MT4 profile, I usually have 20-30 charts to which are attached some fairly intensive custom (private, unshareable) indicators. When I start 402, it would take about a minute to come up and display my charts. With 406, I quit a session just now, and immediately restarted it and it took >13 freakin long minutes!!!

The way I interact with my programs, I tend to use the chart "Refresh" function all the time. Once/minute is normal for me. I am aware that as I do so, IndicatorCounted() goes back to zero, and so I expect that some of my indicators would have to recalculate everything on every chart. Yes it can be a bit slow, and 402 wasn't great but usually no more than a second delay or so. With 406, a quick test just showed it's 13 seconds delay!!

I've been using MT4 for 4 years, and I've never had such a drastic slow-down in performance with any update until now. Please review the 406 code changes for possible explanations and please fix it soon in the next release. Even though going back to 402 is a hassle for me, I'm going to have to do it to regain acceptable performance.

Edit: FYI, for Brokers I'm using MBT and some others which I didn't allow to update to 406. My older installations of 402 are still running fine with respect to performance.

I just finished creating a duplicate 402 hierarchy into which I copied all my history, profiles, experts, templates, sounds, and config folders. I opened up 402 and I have it in the same configuration as before. Again I quit and immediately restarted 402, and the graphics appear in ~50 seconds. There are a few additional updates and so on, but bottom line, it is ready to use at 1:15, vs. the terrible >13:00 it takes to start 406!

Can you provide your code for reproducing? It will help to find out and fix issue. You can sent source code via Private Message.

Build 406 has also been a disaster for me. Takes forever to load up and also freezes when changing profiles. I have Win 7 64 bit and quite a fast laptop. Had no problems whatsoever with Build 402 or any previous builds to that, but 406 is a nightmare. Is it possible to go back to 402? Is 402 still available?

By the way, my MT4 build 406 is in Program files (x86) on Win 7 64 bit. Where then would be the best place to install MT4? Can the file be transferred to another location by dragging it as I don't really want to go through the hassle of uninstalling and then downloading again?

Reason: