awesum performence - page 7

Dear pzacheo, i have read your posts, all you are saying is that we should investigating the tick chart, since we do not know the exact timing of the orders we can't do that, neighter can you.

Again, this system was traded on one account, one broker. Not two.

For your type of system you need a good broker and a bad one where price goes by at least the spread + commision + 'your winning'. Would you transfer some funds to a broker who manipulate the pricefeed?

We are talking about THIS strategy here, not some kind of multibroker setup.

What has SCAM to do with 'real broker and real trading'?

So I did the test and here is the result ...

I used paint to erase the demo account number and my full name. I tweaked the test EA to close the orders two different ways to see the result.

// For anyone who is almost terminally stupid, this EA only serves to test
// what the OrderCloseBy function looks like on a demo account statement.
// This is not a trading strategy and is expected to lose money on average.

#define SLIPPAGE 99

extern int counter = 200;
extern int TEST   =  100;

int longTicket1 = -1;
int longTicket2 = -1;
int longTicket3 = -1;
int shortTicket1= -1;
int shortTicket2= -1;

bool abort = false;

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
int init(){
   if( TEST >= counter - 50 )
       TEST =  counter/2;
}
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
int start(){
   if( abort )
      return( 0 );

if( longTicket1 == -1 && longTicket2 == -1){
       longTicket1= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, SLIPPAGE,0,0 );
       RefreshRates();
       longTicket2= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, SLIPPAGE,0,0 );
       RefreshRates();
       longTicket3= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, SLIPPAGE,0,0 );
   }

counter--;
   Comment(counter);

if( counter < TEST ){
      if( shortTicket1 == -1 && shortTicket2 == -1 ){
          shortTicket1= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, 0.1, Bid, SLIPPAGE,0,0 );
          RefreshRates();
          shortTicket2= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, 0.1, Bid, SLIPPAGE,0,0 );
      }
      if( longTicket3 >= 0 ){
         if( OrderSelect(longTicket3,SELECT_BY_TICKET) ){
            if( OrderClose(longTicket3,OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),SLIPPAGE) )
               longTicket3= -1;
         }
      }
   }

if( counter <= 0 ){
      if( longTicket1 >= 0 ){
         if( OrderCloseBy(longTicket1,shortTicket1) ){
            longTicket1  = -1;
            shortTicket1 = -1;
         }
      }

if( longTicket2 >= 0 ){
         if( OrderCloseBy(shortTicket2,longTicket2) ){
            longTicket2  = -1;
            shortTicket2 = -1;
         }
      }

if( longTicket1==-1 && longTicket2==-1 )
         abort=true;
   }

return(0);
}

"I have an infinite number of monkeys at the door asking about a shakespeare script they worked out!" (D. Adams - Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Give me a set of rules and if I'm feeling healthly and interested I or many on the forum can program those rules. Ask me how someone achieved their results and my answer is I will probably never know.

zzuegg:

Dear pzacheo, i have read your posts, all you are saying is that we should investigating the tick chart, since we do not know the exact timing of the orders we can't do that, neighter can you.

Again, this system was traded on one account, one broker. Not two.

For your type of system you need a good broker and a bad one where price goes by at least the spread + commision + 'your winning'. Would you transfer some funds to a broker who manipulate the pricefeed?

We are talking about THIS strategy here, not some kind of multibroker setup.

What has SCAM to do with 'real broker and real trading'?

Hi zzuegg, now we're talking. If you had a look at the tick chart you would notice that the entry points are clear.

All you have to do is scan the price, and you will have an approx (sometimes very exact) entry and exit spots.

Anyway my initial idea was to monitor price action at the tick interval.

Now I think another mechanism is in place. From a VPS on a demo (in the same city of the broker) you can get execution at <80 ms (ping of 8 ms taken from CNS website which is my VPS).

I can do a test very easily, if I knew exactly what to code. Have you watched the video you should see that only one account matters, while the other is a demo to do the losses.

I don't know how he manage to have the losses only in the demo account, and the winnings on the live account, but that's what the video shows.

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe there is no connection between the statement and this guy. However I've read the german forum and they also reached to the same site,

so I think I'm on the right path with this idea (4xfx is the commercial strategy - but they cannot give you what the statement does, although the strategy looks solid).

There is also another 3rd possibility explored by the german forum which is called three-party arbitrage (which is clearly not the case here).

I have opened 8 different brokers windows with EURUSD (which is the most traded in the statement) and I encountered that only 2 have "dirty" signal. The rest have a signal which is comparable in quality and response.

I have seen that FXO*en and MB*rading have differences with the other ones in speed, and by filling the blanks with noise. There may be more differences. Sometimes I saw a clear signal to buy, seems like the retracement

is for real but to be honest I yet do not understand how do we know that the live account will win.

What I'm saying is that nowadays is not that difficult to get a low spread, fast execution broker, and in the other hand another one with higher spread, but still good signal.

To go on with if a commercial EA is already developed (and the strategy is also explained by others on how to do it manually, which is a nightmare and unpractical),

I think we can code it, and we can do it better to be a bit closer to the statement. I don't think we can achieve 300% in a day but with a 3% we will be happy.

Today only the best EAs or signals can get you 8% per week without compounding.

I'm sorry for my long posts, but comparing the statement with the video both trade on the peaks.

I have looked the videos, this guy is trading two demo account. You can see it clearly. The thing that kill's your strategy is that you have to place the trades on the crappy broker and not the good one. I personally do not transfer funds to a crappy broker.

Again, what you are talking about is well known that it cant work on live accounts.

Edit: if you have a picture of the tick chart from the guy post it.

zzuegg:

I have looked the videos, this guy is trading two demo account. You can see it clearly. The thing that kill's your strategy is that you have to place the trades on the crappy broker and not the good one. I personally do not transfer funds to a crappy broker.

Again, what you are talking about is well known that it cant work on live accounts.

Edit: if you have a picture of the tick chart from the guy post it.

OK... probably it can't work "as is" in live accounts but maybe this can give us some clue or edge in the direction of the markets.

By tick charts I referred to the "statement", not to the guys' strategy. I found his strategy to have some similarities, that's all.

Anyway talking back about the mysterious statement on Alpari UK this is what I did: Using Photoshop I compared 4 price feeds, all demo:

VantageFX Demo, FinFX Demo, Alpari UK Demo - Micro+Classic, DFMarkets Demo.

Guess what, they are all close, with very minor differences.

Now comes the interesting part. The "statement" was not made in a regular demo account but on an Alpari UK Pro-Demo.

The feed is totally different from all the other demos, including Alpari UK Demo - Micro+Classic.

This means that you can get a near live feed in the Pro Demo? I don't know, but look at this, when superimposing all the 5 in Photoshop I found

something which was astonishing: wherever there was a big price difference (very big noticeable in 1M timeframe because the bars was totally

not in the same place at all), there was a buy or sell operation in the "statement". When the prices matched each other, there was no action.

This implies that the Alpari "near live" account was used in comparison with demo accounts to do the trades, just as the guy says you must do.

I have a live account with Vantage, so I will get a screenshot of that and compare it.

What I don't really understand is how the demo could lead a live account to the direction of the markets... would make no sense!

@Hardy (Peter):

Let's assume that you're telling the truth: you met some guy on the internet who offers you to run this trading system on a demo account.

Why did you choose Alpari UK for this test? You are german, your english is - let's say - limited and there's a german branch of Alpari. So why not Alpari DE? Does the system only work on Alpari UK demo accounts?

pzacheo:

What I don't really understand is how the demo could lead a live account to the direction of the markets... would make no sense!

So it seems you got the point but the LIVE account leads the DEMO Account. And because of that it will work ONLY on DEMO. I have checked it today when we where trying a different approach.

The Alpari Live accounts leads sometimes for more then *Spread* on demo accounts. This arbitrage can be exploited. But it will never, never, never, and never work on a live account.

And the guy in the video is trading two DEMO accounts. One alpari with a good datafeed, (which seems also to be not so good) and one with a crappy datafeed. Come on, understand it, this video was made to trick you. (Not even made good)

zzuegg:

So it seems you got the point but the LIVE account leads the DEMO Account. And because of that it will work ONLY on DEMO. I have checked it today when we where trying a different approach.

The Alpari Live accounts leads sometimes for more then *Spread* on demo accounts. This arbitrage can be exploited. But it will never, never, never, and never work on a live account.

And the guy in the video is trading two DEMO accounts. One alpari with a good datafeed, (which seems also to be not so good) and one with a crappy datafeed. Come on, understand it, this video was made to trick you. (Not even made good)

Hi zzuegg, I don't really care about the video or the system, just exploring and thought it was of use.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I just traded in the demo account that the guy left here on the forum

and I manage to made some profits just by hand exploiting the difference (check it). Is not that fast as you can think.

The difference is there for many seconds, some times for more than 10, this will allow live trading on an EA.

I don't have a doubt that you can fill 1-2 lots instantly. The only thing that I'm wondering is ...

will the live Alpari PRO account has the same "behaviour" as the Alpari PRO Demo account?

Do you have an Alpari PRO account live to prove this? Anyway it's a nice exploit, I wouldn't call it dead until we exhaust testing all brokers.

Anyone has a live broker with zero money so we can test the feed?

I don't think I understand your point fully, but my point is I'm testing live VantageFX account with other demo accounts too, and they all show the same behaviour.

So the only "slowed down" is the Alpari UK PRO Demo, but why the Alpari Demo Micro is not "slowed down"?

Why will the PRO Demo show retracement and the other demo won't??

Reason: