awesum performence - page 3

zeniemo:
Wow really impressive . would u like to share this ea ? :)

Err, did you read the thread? We don't know who is responsible for this EA/account. I have as yet to understand what exact method is used to hedge trades in such as way to give the zeros in the account.

dabbler:

Response from Alpari (6.46 am 9 March)

They have standard disclaimers that one mustn't quote their emails, so let me paraphrase their answer ...

For hedged trades, where you close one against another, profit is recorded only on one position, with the other position being recorded as zero. They will not comment on third party accounts; it is their company policy.

Following this, the 0 trades comes from OrderCloseBy(). Since i have never seen this in strategy tester i assume we have to wait until monday to test this.

Regarding the trading systems. For me it seems like he is playing with a faster datafeed against alpari's. I have never tested if the demo server can be tricked out (Maybe delaying the Orders somehow for a 2-5 seconds). What does not fit into this is the period where the account was not traded.

On the other side. What are the odds that it is pure luck? Takeprofit == 1, some logic for exiting the losses and here we go.

Third option is that this is a pretty serious trader who found the grail.

I personally would go with option 1 or 2 ;)

zzuegg:

Following this, the 0 trades comes from OrderCloseBy(). Since i have never seen this in strategy tester i assume we have to wait until monday to test this.

I think you have the answer. Here is my test EA ...

#define SLIPPAGE 99

int longTicket = -1;
int shortTicket= -1;

bool abort = false;
extern int counter = 10000;
extern int TEST = 5000;

int init(){
   if( TEST >= counter - 100 )
       TEST =  counter/2;
}
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
int start(){
   if( abort )
      return( 0 );

if( longTicket == -1 )
       longTicket= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, SLIPPAGE,0,0 );

counter--;

if( counter < TEST ){
      if( shortTicket == -1 )
          shortTicket= OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, 0.1, Bid, SLIPPAGE,0,0 );
   }

if( counter <= 0 ){
      if( OrderCloseBy(longTicket,shortTicket) )
         abort=true;
   }

return(0);
}

It shows up in the strategy tester as "close by". Now we have to wait until Sunday evening to test it "live" in a demo account.

AccountBalance()/1315.78947

is used to calulcate the lotsize. All thats left is the entry/exit signal ;)

Don't get too excited... In & Out within the minute with a 2-pip profit ... Thats NEVER going to work on a live account

DayTrader:
Don't get too excited... In & Out within the minute with a 2-pip profit ... Thats NEVER going to work on a live account
I think we all know that. But still, by looking at the trades an impressive prediction algorithm if not 'cheated'

Prediction is not if reading already known data, but by reading old, 'prediction' quotes to unknown (i.e. seeing in empty-empty again is only a term, by old information's). So honesty or prediction has nothing to do with this type of trades.

rfb:
Prediction is not if reading already known data, but by reading old, 'prediction' quotes to unknown (i.e. seeing in empty-empty again is only a term, by old information's). So honesty or prediction has nothing to do with this type of trades.
Why not? this is a demo forward trading, i have checked it myself. So reading old data is out. The points when he went long/short are too well spotted to be just luck. Maybe give it a look before posting...

Hey guys, I'm a bit obsessed with that account, the fact that it was so short lived and that it traded almost every minute with:

39 losses against 679 wins looks suspicious (excuse my english I'm a native spanish speaker).

But have you taken a look at Dukascopy tick data for the orders, you should find that before some "sells" in EURUSD comes a big peak.

I'm talking about tick or 3-tick candles, have read that is totally random so it will be impossible to predict. But by spending weeks in front of a computer

I have seen too many patterns in the tick data, patterns that are hardly seen in higher frames. You probably know what I mean, how the price take "steps",

the rush towards a point, the resistance, etc, maybe some simple pattern can be made with the step increase on the ticks and when the right logic cames

out voilá, this probably describe the internal way this beast move, by increments that comes in waves of retracement and advances.

Just a thought that may be its worth at least considering.

Take a look at tick data and maybe you will find the strategy behind this.

Otherwise if the account is doctored as has been said (which I really don't think is the case because Alpari is on the scene now) then we're probably

spending some time learning. Or maybe is just a good publicity to go for Alpari... who knows.

The fact is that it looks like there was a kind of algorithm behind this exploiting the reverse of the peaks, maybe he is just buying at the bottom of the peak,

and selling at the top then hedge both orders and that's where the profit cames from, but I'm not seeing the 2 operations, I'm just seeing one of it,

maybe I'm wrong because I never used "Close by" option and I never thought that hedging against ones position will bring more income than the current income,

correct me if I'm wrong, but on any market fluctuation you will not win more, just stabilize the profit, which makes no sense, unless you're waiting for some condition

to happen, like a rush in the opposite direction.

Having wasted too much time with neural networks I have come into this and the concept "price action" comes to mind, by watching tick data you will see that the

operations are very short lived, but they seem possible and real to do.

TP of 1,0-1,5 pips and Stop Loss of 2,5-3,0 pips which makes sense only if you really know where the market is heading.

So the TP is 3 to 1 the SL (not taking the spread into account, as you know the spread will affect this equation cause you already start loosing).

If we took a spread of 1,0 pips, we will be in a position in which the market can head in any direction with equal probability.

So these guys really knows what they are doing OR they have a priviledged data feed to an interbank, and a very fast connection to Alpari.

If they are doing arbitrage I'm afraid we will not be able to profit from this in a live account since I've been reading that it can be detected and banned.

Take a look a Million Dollar Pips for instance, you can never really implement it in practice.

Talking about price action I have seen some russian EA which is less than 1 page which can renders huge profits in backtesting based on just + and - functions... really impressive,

and this talks about the power of price action. But again it only works in "Control Points" backtest which has a totally fictitious price generator.

Indicators do not seem to be the answer in this case, and in my experience they just simply don't work for trading, if someone has another experience please share.

Anyway I don't want to go offtopic, just my humble opinion.

And here is my opinion, from someone invisible but has been trading since 2004.

"Hardy47" registered here March 2012 and started talking about this EA.

On another German EA forum "Trader4Live" registered on 28th Feb, and was posting account #3662828 etc. Few people listening to it and then ignored.

Now on here we have "pzacheo" account registered March 2012, saying he is a big follower. This entire thing is a big scam. You have been warned.

Reason: