All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud - page 5

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

We are launching the MQL5 Cloud Network cloud service!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2019.03.26 00:43

We launched a second cloud server in America, which dramatically reduced network latency for distant agents in North / South America and Asia.

Along with changes in the logic of task distribution, we returned the settlement volumes to the network.

Now we are engaged in the analysis and tuning of the calculated network.

In a week we will present a new pricing formula with network traffic. The first gigabyte of traffic will be free, and the next will cost a reasonable amount of money.

In the next release we will allow tests on real ticks.

In addition, we will add the ability to manage the selection of agents from the terminals. We ask you to comment on what generalized settings you would like to see.

Hello. Does anyone know when they will allow to use real ticks in the Cloud Network for testing?

FXreedom:
Hello. Does anyone know when they will allow to use real ticks in the Cloud Network for testing?

You can look at my previous post where I reposted the reply of MQ (machine translation to the English) - 

In the next release we will allow tests on real ticks

Sergey Golubev:

You can look at my previous post where I reposted the reply of MQ (machine translation to the English) - 

Thanks for your reply Sergey. I saw your previous post. What I want to know is an approximate date for that. One week? one month? 3 months? 1 year?

regards

FXreedom:

Thanks for your reply Sergey. I saw your previous post. What I want to know is an approximate date for that. One week? one month? 3 months? 1 year?

regards

No one knows ...
It was stated that by next release (by next MT5 build as I understood).

ok thanks

MT5 automatically resets settings in the tester after switching to the "Settings" tab

Slava , 2019.03.21 07:17

The investigation showed that when the terminal starts after a clean installation, the "Tester" subfolder is not created in the <client terminal data folder> \ MQL5 \ Profiles \.

If you create this subfolder with your hands, the problem of resetting the settings disappears.

problem in srategy tester

Sergey Golubev, 2019.03.26 06:00

Open Metatrader 5,
File - Open Data Folder - MQL5 - Profiles,
and create Tester folder there:

I checked now and it works.

Thanks to @Stanislav Korotky for this article - 

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2019.05.22 14:25

How to visualize multicurrency trading history based on HTML and CSV reports 

Since its introduction, MetaTrader 5 provides multicurrency testing options. This possibility is often used by traders. However the function is not universal. In particular, after running a test, the user can open a chart with performed trading operations. But this is only a chart of one traded symbol selected in the strategy tester settings. The entire trading history of all used symbols cannot be viewed after testing, while visual examination is not always efficient. Additional analysis may be required after some time after testing. Also, a report can be provided by another person. Therefore, a tool for visualizing trading on multiple working symbols based on the HTML testing report would be very useful.

The previous article provided a description of the HTML parser based on CSS selectors[1]. The parser extracts the list of deals from the HTML report, based on which we can trades can be formed (graphical objects). Parsing of CSV files from the Signals section is a bit easier, while the file format for the MetaTrader 4 (*.history.csv) and MetaTrader 5 (*.positions.csv) signals is supported by the built-in MQL functions.

Strategy tester (and the Metatrader in general) with Indian market - read this thread with the examples and about HowTo:
Strategy Tester EA not working for Indian Market? How to make it work?

Optimization management (Part I): Creating a GUI 

The alternative method for launching the MetaTrader terminal was already discussed in an article by Vladimir Karputov. Also, the terminal launch steps and an additional alternative method are described in the relevant  documentation. Data from these two sources was used within this article, but none of the sources contains a description of how one could create a convenient GUI for the simultaneous operation of multiple terminals. This topic will be covered in the given my article.

Based on the related research, I created an extension for the terminal which enables the launch of the optimization process of Expert Advisors on multiple terminals within one computer. Further article versions will expand the possibilities of this extension through the addition of new functionality.

Platform Start - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5
Platform Start - For Advanced Users - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use them to run the platform. Two copies of the platform cannot run from the same directory. If you need to run multiple copies at the same time, install the appropriate number of programs in different...
Reason: