Bank of England governor Carney now up to the rostrum as expected 24 June 2016
- BOE ready to provide GBP 250bln of additional funds
- economic adjustments will be supported by resilient banking system
Yes because they've been shoring up their defences with cheap money rather than lend it on.
- UK economy will adjust to new trading relationships
- extensive contingency plans in place
- best contribution BOE can make is to pursue relentlessly mon and fin pol responsibilities, these remain unchanged
- in coming weeks BOE will re-assess and consider any additional policy adjustments
Speech over. Taking no questions.
Simple and as expected really. GBP rallied but running into sellers again.