Or Moving Average Support Resistance Bands.
MASR Bands indicator is a moving average surrounded with two bands that work together as a support and resistance levels. Statistically, MASR Bands contain price candles 93% of the time. Here is how it is calculated in steps:
1. The first step is to calculate the highest high (HHV) and the lowest low (LLV) for an X period of time.
2. The second step is to divide HHV by LLV to get how much wide is the distance between them as a percentage. I call the results of this
step MASR Filter.
3. MASR Filter = Sum ((HHV / LLV)-1) / Number of Bars
4. I call the upper band MAR which is a shortcut for Moving Average Resistance. I call the lower band MAS which is a shortcut for Moving
Average Support. The moving average in between the bands is called The Center Line.
5. MAR = MASR Center + (75% x MASR Filter x MASR Center)
6. MASR Center is a moving average.
7. MAS = MASR Center - (75% x MASR Filter x MASR Center)
What make MASR Bands so special is the volatility index, which depend in its calculation on the range of the complete swing movement rather than the movement from on bar to another like Average True Range or Standard Deviation calculations.
How to use MASR Bands?
- Suggested buy: when price candles penetrate MAR to the downside.
- Suggested sell: when price candles penetrate MAS to the upside.
MASR Bands Features
- MASR Bands do not repaint or recalculate its results.
- Well-designed parameters to help user easily navigate between them.
- Sound, Mobile notification and email alerts depending on user choice.
- MASR Bands code is revised to make sure that it will not consume user's PC memory.
MASR Bands Inputs
1. MASR INPUTS
- MASR Candles. number of candles used in calculations. If less than two, MASR Bands will be terminated, alert message will pop up on the screen.
- MASR Moving Average Method. Average calculation method. Default is Simple.
2. MASR ALERTS
- Show Arrows & Vertical Lines: Show arrows when a signal appears or vertical lines or both.
- TDO Arrow Size: Default is 1
- Sound Alert: Default is true.
- Send eMail: Default is false.
- Send Notification: Default is false.
3. MASR STYLE
- Chart Colors List: the user can choose between four different color lists for his chart or he can choose (Do Nothing) if he wants to use his own list.
I hope MASR Bands to be a good trading tool for you. If you have any question send me a message and I will answer as soon as I am online.
Muhammad Al Bermaui, CMT