No disk space in ticks generating function / Excessive use of RAM and disk storage

Computer specs: RAM 32gb / NVME M.2 500gb / CPU Ryzen 9 5900x

Hello, when starting the optimization in the strategy tester with 10 years of backtesting and 2 years of forward, starting from 01/01/2008, only allow the optimization with the major pairs. Since in the minor pairs, in addition to using all the ram and m.2 disk (as it also does in the majors), it does not directly start to optimize, and this is because the m.2 disk of 500gb is full, which is crazy that during optimization more than 300gb of data is written to the m.2 storage disk. Apparently it fills the entire disk with large temporary files and on each processor agent (thread). In addition, the downloading of histories of other currency pairs that are not those corresponding to the optimization begins. There I attach images of how the m.2 storage disk is before starting the optimization and how it fills up after starting the optimization in some of the minor pairs, also of the images of the downloading of histories of other pairs that are not the ones that are currently being updated.

I ask the question here because I already looked in the forum and this question is unanswered, I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the mt5 platform and it does not work either, also consult with a fellow programmer of this platform and he tells me that the same thing happens. I would like you to give me a solution to be able to optimize the minor pairs with my EA, and also an answer about why it saves so much data in cache and in temporary files, which causes the saturation of the storage of all my storage disks, in addition the saturation of all RAM (32GB) causing the collapse of the computer.

I await your response and I attach the images of what happened. Thanks.

ramiro11 casado:

Reglas del foro y recomendaciones

• Cada idioma cuenta con su respectivo foro, y es por ello que está prohibido comunicarse en otro lenguaje que no sea el del foro en cuestión.
  • Los hilos en mayúsculas serán eliminados.
  • No se permiten discusiones ni publicidad, sea directa o indirectamente, de ningún broker, señal o producto.
  • El lenguaje grosero, los mensajes publicitarios, el spamming y las inundaciones están prohibidos.
  • Debe compartir código usando el botón 'Código'.

• Por favor, no pida recomendaciones del tipo "Por favor, me recomiendan una EA rentable" o " ¿Cuál es la mejor señal?". Ese tipo de discusiones están prohibidas. Puede ir a la sección Market o Señales y leer las críticas allí.
  • Si tiene que exponer un problema, por favor, evite nombrar el broker con el que trabaja. Saber el nombre del broker no es relevante.
  • La publicidad no está permitida en el foro y cualquier "recomendación" sería invariablemente publicidad.
  • Por lo general, las personas que no pueden codificar no reciben ayuda gratuita en este foro, aunque podría suceder si tiene suerte. Sea paciente.
  • Si muestra sus intentos y describe su problema con claridad, probablemente recibirá una respuesta de la comunidad.
  • Si no quiere aprender a codificar, eso no es un problema. Puede mirar la sección CodeBase donde encontrara código libre y gratuito, o en el Market para productos de pago (también a veces gratis). Por último, también tiene la opción de contratar a un programador en la sección Freelance.
  • Tenga en cuenta que un problema no reproducible, no es un problema. Para poder recibir ayuda siempre debe ser reproducible y poder argumentarlo con pruebas (logs, pantallazos, etc).
  • Muchos de los problemas estan ya resueltos en el foro (algunos desde hace años). Use el buscador para encontrar hilos relacionados sobre el tema en cuestión que este buscando.

• Si ha comprado un producto en otro lugar y tiene problemas con él, no podemos ayudarlo.
  • Si tiene problemas y su producto utiliza cualquier forma de licencia incorporada fuera de MQL Market, no podemos ayudarlo.
  • No proporcionamos soporte para servicios de señal externos fuera de MQL5.com.
  • No podemos ayudarlo si tiene problemas con su corredor.
  • No brindamos soporte para servicios VPS externos.
  • No proporcionamos soporte para sistemas operativos (Windows, Mac, Android ...).
  • Para resolver un problema mencionado anteriormente, debe comunicarse con la parte externa.

Reglas de los diferentes apartados

Reglas de compra de robots comerciales y indicadores en el Mercado
    Reglas de compra de robots comerciales y indicadores en el Mercado
    • www.mql5.com
    Disposiciones generales y reglas de uso del Servicio Market

ramiro11 casado:

Computer specs: RAM 32gb / NVME M.2 500gb / CPU Ryzen 9 5900x

Hello, when starting the optimization in the strategy tester with 10 years of backtesting and 2 years of forward, starting from 01/01/2008, only allow the optimization with the major pairs. Since in the minor pairs, in addition to using all the ram and m.2 disk (as it also does in the majors), it does not directly start to optimize, and this is because the m.2 disk of 500gb is full, which is crazy that during optimization more than 300gb of data is written to the m.2 storage disk. Apparently it fills the entire disk with large temporary files and on each processor agent (thread). In addition, the downloading of histories of other currency pairs that are not those corresponding to the optimization begins. There I attach images of how the m.2 storage disk is before starting the optimization and how it fills up after starting the optimization in some of the minor pairs, also of the images of the downloading of histories of other pairs that are not the ones that are currently being updated.

I ask the question here because I already looked in the forum and this question is unanswered, I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the mt5 platform and it does not work either, also consult with a fellow programmer of this platform and he tells me that the same thing happens. I would like you to give me a solution to be able to optimize the minor pairs with my EA, and also an answer about why it saves so much data in cache and in temporary files, which causes the saturation of the storage of all my storage disks, in addition the saturation of all RAM (32GB) causing the collapse of the computer.

I await your response and I attach the images of what happened. Thanks.

Hello friend, you just have too much data downloaded for backtesting, i recomend to just download the data for one pair, backtest, optimize or do whatever needs to be done and then delete the downloaded data, it is ussualy stored in a hidden folder C:/users/(your name)/appdata(this one is hidden)/Roamming/Metaquotes/Terminal

In this folder you should find some folders with tons of numbers and letters for a name, usualy in the first one, but try all of then if not, you'll see a folder called tester/history, you will find a surprise there in the form of lots of GB in data...

Razón de la queja: