MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 297

Creating c# library for mt4  (15   1 2)
I have worked on a simple DLL for mt4 by using visual studio 2013 c#. I added RGiesecke modules by using NuGet packeges. I can call simple procedures when it has only integer values. But when the function in the library has string values, mt4 cant find the function. Also, it makes wrong results for...
  FileMove...  (8)
Hi all, I am new to this programming language. I just can't find out WHY MT4 doesn't find the folder under the FileMove Function... I am missing something here... The goal is to send an attachment to an email.. However the standard function SendMail doesn't provide that... So I want to upload it to
Hello house. Please can anyone help develop an alert app for my Android phone MT4, especially MA crossing and Bollinger crossing of all timeframe, one minute and five minute TF very important
[Deleted]
I have been playing with ODL MetaTrader (demo) for about a week now and it has been running like a trooper. But about 2 hrs ago the platform "froze" - no activity registered since about 21:55 GMT (now about 00:21). I added two programs to my computer at about the time I lost the live feed... Any...
Hi all, I use to put my pending orders using, of course, entry price and TP/SL. I would have also additional information, i.e., margin required or pip value in order to have clear idea of money associated to SL and TP. The preferred choice is have the opportunity to choose if set SL and TP by price...
Good mornig, I'm writing an expert advisor that set a counter for the order opened on the current symbol. This is the code. int CountSymbolPositions=0; for(int trade=OrdersTotal()-1;trade>=0;trade--) { if(!OrderSelect(trade,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) continue;
Dear officer, the quotes in MT4 cannot move & stuck. Tried uninstall n reinstall. And delete account n relogin to my broker account but cannot. Pls help to resolve urgently thanks
Would anybody be so kind as to look at my close pending order code... It works fine but does return "return value of 'OrderDelete' should be checked" when compiled. Just want to clean it up if I can. Thanks in advance.int delorderbuystop() { int i; for(i=0;i<TotalOpenBuyOrders();i++) {
Hi Fellow Coders, Could you please help me fix this basic code. Trying to set pending orders based on some simple indicators but I want the price to be placed as a BUYSTOP 3 pips higher than the highest of 5 candles back. and same for the lowest but I keep getting the error "invalid stops" Can't see
Hi everyone, I want to create a web service with a unique chart design. I have some questions. Firstly, I wonder if I can take the financial data from metatrader 4 and show it on my unique charts. Secondly, I wonder if I can use metatrader 4 functions such as moving average, parabolic sar etc. on my
Dear All, each time it returns increment value , i want to open next order multiple 1.4 times of current open lot sizes , i tried this double lot_size_total_sell(){ double a=0; int total = OrdersTotal(); for (int cnt = total-1 ; cnt >=0 ; cnt--) { OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS);
Hello everyone, i have this binary options ea backtesterit is auto trading on demo on real markets within mt4 can someone help me connect it to Broker api and trade in real markets thanks everyone
Hi, I want to creat a EA recently, it use a indicator below, but i can't load it correctly by iCustom, could someone tell me where is the mistake? Thank you Here is how i call the indicator: double SRSI; SRSI=iCustom(NULL,0,"StochRSI-V8",4800,"false",0,1);
I'm looking for a tool to monitor alerts on MT4. A matrix of sorts that lists current alerts per indicator monitored, per pair being traded. Does anyone know of such a product? Or a larger tool that also performs this function? I would appreciate your help here. TIA.
Hey, my basic goal is to calculate stuff around linear regression. I get the how and the formulas for it, that's not the problem. the thing is: I am looking at the closing prices with commands like Close[i], index being i. closing prices are basically stored in an array, however they are put in
Hi, the problem is that optimization only produces empty results (0.0) despite the fact that the expert advisor is working normally in the strategy tester. The problem didn't occur with a different EA
Hi coders... I have created an indicator but search everywhere to bold the text, the text is created through the objectcreate(), as OBJ_TEXT, but now want to display this text Bold on the screen, is it possible??? the Terminal is mt4
Hi, One of the signals that I look at is simple candlestick patterns (such as Bullish Outside Bars/Bullish Engulfing Patterns and Pinbars/hammers) is there any MT4 installable indicators that shows me which currency pairs is showing these candlestick patterns as of the latest candle? I'm trying to
Hi All, I've been staring at this for the last hour and cannot fathom why I cannot get the value of =6/100 to Print to screen. It keeps Printing as zero? I've tried 4 different ways to print to the screen but they all don't work and obviously something I'm not doing correctly. lookbackLength = 6;
I am trying to create my first EA using the stochastic strategy, though I am having trouble solving these last three flags. Generally when I get errors like this it means the function has not been appropriately used. I would greatly appreciate insight and assistance on the matter. RoboTrader
  static variables  (2)
what happens to static variables when the server is disconnected for more than 2 ticks? are they remembered? or reset and are reinitialised to their first value? and... when the server reconnects, do they reinitialise again
Hi, I am trying to create a background box. I seem to have a problem with adjusting the size, It starts at the right position, but I can't seem to get the length longer nomatter what I enter in the size number it doesn't change. No matter what I change the x_sizeb & y_sizeb to, nothing happens. Any
hi there, any one who really help me out regarding error code 4051 and invalid lot size during automization of my EA , as i am unable to publish it
  Platform Help  (9)
'I am unable to open a trade on MT4. It says "not enough money" and please verify operation parameters and try again later. I am able to trade on the Oanda Live. Please help
Hi I keep received a repeating "Buy hits 5" notification. How to adjust the programming to only SendNotification only 1 time ? int OnInit() { return(INIT_SUCCEEDED); }void OnTick() { Comment ("number of Buy Position: ",CountBuyPositions()); }int CountBuyPositions(){int
Hello, I created a new account at a new broker and downloaded a new Metatrader4. As I wanted to login nothing happened. I heard the connection sound but thats it. After that I tried to add the new Broker to my old MT4, but with the same result. The MT4 switches through the different Data Centres of
Hi guys, I am trying to do some calculations with datetimes, and one of them is to detect the difference in hours between the Computer time [ TimeLocal() ] and the Broker Time on Metatrader [ TimeCurrent() ]: datetime ComputerTime = TimeLocal();datetime BrokerTime = TimeCurrent();int TimeOffset =...
im looking for a way or something i can buy to help me place multiple orders with same lot size, same SL and multiple TPs. for example lot size 0.1 (at market execution) sl xxxx TP1 TP2 TP3
  Ichimoku MA EA  (6)
Hey pips i have been trying to code an EA which uses both a MA and the Ichimoku and its not going very well.Was no able to input the closeOrder function let alone making it optimum.Metaquotes seems to be on another level as compared to the other languages. i have tried using the documentation but
[Deleted]
Basically I want to have a loop that will add up the range of the daily bars for the last xx days, ignoring Sundays. I am generating a basic ATR because my current one is too low due to including Sunday bars. So I am thinking the easiest way is probably to have a variable that adds up the range of