Wishes for MQL5

With all due respect MQL4 is still the best MTS on the market, the following things are very much missing:

1. API or a possibility to call EA's functions from DLL (Mister Developers, you really need it !!!! )

Event handlers - at least one, system event (a CallBack or something with a message number, for example the message - trading on this symbol is stopped)

3. Structures, assignments in record a = b = d = e, implicit type conversions.

I ask others to join and continue the wish list in this thread.

P.S. again about the first point, you can leave everything as it is - but make a call from a DLL.

I've written before, but I'll say it again:
- callback functions on the terminal itself
- break/restore connection
- managing the queue of several EAs (mutexes, critical sections....)
- debugger (any)
- support of direct bar numbering (from the oldest to the freshest) with notification of the bar number change
- Create dll from MQL functions (will help to create libraries, what will reduce the total code with a large number of indicators)

1. debugger

2. Support for structures, classes, dynamic data and therefore polymorphism. This would make it possible to write simpler and more reliable programs and libraries than with a bare procedural language. And writing EAs implies writing complex algorithms.

3. API for external programs.

It would be nice if iCustom() returned a pointer to an array of pointers of used indicator buffers. Then this function could be called only once to get the calculated values for the entire history. The speed increases. The code is simplified (there is no need to integrate the indicator in the Expert Advisor).

klot:

It would be nice if iCustom() returned a pointer to an array of pointers of used indicator buffers. Then this function could be called only once to get the calculated values for the entire history. The speed increases. The code is simplified (there is no need to integrate the indicator in the Expert Advisor).

The timeseries size changes during the operation of the terminal, most likely their memory is redistributed from time to time. Then the indicator will have to be constantly reacquired.

lna01:
klot:

It would be nice if iCustom() returned a pointer to an array of pointers of used indicator buffers. Then this function could be called only once to get the calculated values for the entire history. The speed increases. The code is simplified (no need to integrate the indicator in the Expert Advisor).

The size of timeseries varies as the terminal works, i.e. most likely the memory for them is reallocated from time to time. Then the pointer will have to be constantly re-requested.

Everything goes to structures and classes similar to cp....

klot:
lna01:
klot:

It would be nice if iCustom() returned a pointer to an array of pointers of used indicator buffers. Then this function could be called only once to get the calculated values for the entire history. The speed increases. The code is simplified (no need to integrate the indicator in the Expert Advisor).

The size of the timeseries changes as the terminal runs, i.e. it is likely that the memory for it is reallocated from time to time. Then the pointer will have to be constantly re-requested.

Everything goes to structures and classes similar to cp....

I seem to have underestimated, I disavow my comment :).

I would like to be able to display the data on incoming quotes graphically myself. I am sick and tired of candles and bars. And I have a million ideas for visualising price data. I would like to edit windows in my taste, I am bored with meager colours. I want to display candles against the background of a sea sunset, for example.

I want to display candles against the background of a sea sunset, for example. Wow
, you're strong, coaster...

Another wish for MQL5: I want the coffeepad (couch) to pop up at a certain moment and say something with a human voice... For example, so that at moments of especially heavy slumps it would suggest engaging in unconventional sexting...

Mathemat:
I want to display candles against a seaside sunset, for example.
Wow, you're smart, coaster...

Another wish for MQL5: I want the coffeepod to move out at a certain moment and say something with a human voice...

It's OK... Otherwise the candles are bullish and bearish. I want to define the criteria for candlesticks. The candlesticks with such parameters are red, and with such parameters - blue, the third - green, and the fourth - yellow. It will be very convenient for candlestick analysts, for example. In general, I want to display data not as candlesticks, but in the form of my graphical drawings. Just give me an appropriate graphical tool for this - and all other TA programs will be far behind compared to MT.

Well, have a better look at Code Base, there are such delights there.
Reason: