Disconnect and no reconnect

Hi,  I'm an admin for a vps company that supports MT4 we have had a small number of clients who are experiencing random MT4 disconnects that do not reconnect until the MT4 terminal is restarted. In troubleshooting the issue we have verified the remote broker’s trading server is online when experiencing the issue.   We’ve found that when the bug is encountered re-entering the password to the account to force a re-login has no effect.  The MT4 terminal is dead and will not re-login until you restart the terminal.

It appears this is maybe an MT4 application bug since the release of version 830. We have found and compiled these threads where there are mentions of a disconnect bug that may have started with MT4 build 830 and continues in build 840. 

https://forum.mql4.com/67805/page3
https://forum.mql4.com/67997

We have one client that has some unfamiliar EAs on about 8 charts that gets the disconnects very consistently.   It would be a good customer for Metaquotes to debug the problem with.   I’ve had to recommend the FXBlue Restart tool > http://www.fxblue.com/appstore/app.aspx?id=7  for this client.   My hunch is his EAs are exercising the bug as his problem is frequent and re-occurring.

I could likely put this client in touch with you Metaquotes if you wanted to debug with him.  Contact me at my registered email if you can help.

bshoe, for future reference, you can make the links inside your posts function as actual links, instead of them just basically being more regular text.  If you look at the top of the comment entry area, there is a chain icon (3 links).  Clicking that will open up a small window and allow you to enter your link and make it a clickable entry in your post.

JD4:
bshoe, for future reference, you can make the links inside your posts function as actual links, instead of them just basically being more regular text.  If you look at the top of the comment entry area, there is a chain icon (3 links).  Clicking that will open up a small window and allow you to enter your link and make it a clickable entry in your post.
I updated it

On a different note, I went back through and read the rest of your post.  I am not sure if you have an account on MQL5.com or not, but if not, it would be a good idea to get one.  They have the option for the users to contact the service desk.  Through that, you can let them know of the problem specific to your trading platform, not just MT5.  If no one has any ideas on a solution here, you should definitely try there.  Unfortunately, I do not know the back end of how the MT4 platform operates, so I have no useful ideas on how to resolve this issue.

Definitely a service desk issue. This is 'just a users forum'. Log issue directly with service desk. Thier 1st line can be a bit - well. but hopefully it will get through to 3rd line ...

ydrol:
Definitely a service desk issue. This is 'just a users forum'. Log issue directly with service desk. Thier 1st line can be a bit - well. but hopefully it will get through to 3rd line ...
I have heard those stories as well on my end.  I wonder if the company just has X number of people who just work on service desk, or the requests are thrown into a pile, and anybody and everybody who works at the company is directed to go through it and pick out issues that they can help with and get the problem resolved.

An update on this..   We were told by a client today that one broker told them that this may be exclusive to Wallstreet Asia and/or Volatility Factor EAs. These EAs are using external DLL that is causing that issue. Recommendation is for clients to contact the EA's developers and request for fixed version.   I've not been able to confirm anything beyond this.

Late reply - but, anyhow........

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/994

Not sure if above applies to non-metaquotes VPS providers. 

I downloaded mt4 for the first time and the system  advised Disconnected is there a way to troubleshoot the issue 
Reason: