Be Cautious with Forex.com

I had a BUY on AUD/USD with lot size 0.01, the minimum.

I was earning swaps on this order.

The order close without my knowledge.

My expert advisors was on monitoring mode ONLY and not in automatic trade mode.

I was trading manually because of all the new rules being added by NFA.

Anyhow, the BUY order close on me without my knowledge.

I was earning positive swaps on this order and it close.

It close on a TAKEPROFIT lower than my ORDER price.

Have you ever heard of a TAKPROFIT lower than the ORDER price???

This was big red flag to me.

I complain and they said metrader actually allows TAKEPROFIT to be lower than ORDER price.

I told them I was earning swaps and there was no way to have TAKPROFIT lower than ORDER price when

there is a minimal distance requirement and a minimal profit requirement on my part.

They said IP addresses was mine and the TAKEPROFIT lower than ORDER PRICE is actually ALLOWED

by METATRADER. Hmm??? Truth or not, I don't know. I believe everybody needs to be cautious.

I was lucky my lot size was minimal because I could have lost a lot of money.

I told them not to let this happen again because I will keep a close eye on all my trades. Therefore, everybody beware and be more cautious.

These are desperate times. I lost a few bucks but I could have lost more with a bigger lot size.

When I think about it, IP addresses and trade transactions can be manually forged into the system. However, it is fruitless to go after minor stuff like this.

ckingher:

Have you ever heard of a TAKPROFIT lower than the ORDER price???

Yes. It's perfectly normal and fairly common as a way of closing a losing position if it returns to something approaching break-even. There are plenty of trading systems which operate a sort of trailing-profit, similar to a trailing-stop, where the t/p can end up below the initial entry price (in loss) just as a trailing-stop can end up above it (in profit).

MetaTrader obviously doesn't allow an initial t/p below the entry price on OrderSend(), but it does allow that as a subsequent change using OrderModify(). The only requirement is that the t/p level is MODE_STOPLEVEL from the current price. It doesn't matter whether the t/p represents a profit or a loss.

But presumably you'd know if you'd been modifying your t/p using OrderModify().

I believe that MetaTrader allows OrderModify to work even if you have the Trade box un-checked in your EA dialog. It just won't let you open new orders. Based on this and the previous post, I would guess that your problems have nothing to do with Forex.com and everything to do with your EA. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

jjc wrote >>

Yes. It's perfectly normal and fairly common as a way of closing a losing position if it returns to something approaching break-even. There are plenty of trading systems which operate a sort of trailing-profit, similar to a trailing-stop, where the t/p can end up below the initial entry price (in loss) just as a trailing-stop can end up above it (in profit).

MetaTrader obviously doesn't allow an initial t/p below the entry price on OrderSend(), but it does allow that as a subsequent change using OrderModify(). The only requirement is that the t/p level is MODE_STOPLEVEL from the current price. It doesn't matter whether the t/p represents a profit or a loss.

But presumably you'd know if you'd been modifying your t/p using OrderModify().

Did you read my article carefully?? My expert advisor was on monitoring mode only with NO automatic trading. If there was a transaction, then this means that

it was done manually by me, a third party, or by forex.com only.

Therefore, I still believe it was done by somebody. I know that I am not stupid enough to put a takeprofit lower than my orderprice.

Anyhow, this trash happened on a small lotsize so I could not careless.

ckingher:

Did you read my article carefully?? 

Yes. But I was replying solely about your apparent incredulity in relation to a t/p lower than initial trade entry. That's why I only quoted that bit of your post. 

ckingher:

I was trading manually because of all the new rules being added by NFA.

You mean that will be not more possible to trade automatically with EAs in future?

i HOPE not.

Reason: