General - page 1929

I'm interested in creating an EA for MT3. I have programmed in Fortran, C++ and PASCAL. I just need a reference on setting up the structure of the program, how to write loops and how to define/use variables. Is there a guide/resource out there that you guys know of that I could use? Thanks
How would i reference the details of the first bars for a new day on a 4hour charts ? eg. i wanted to get the hi and low of the first 3 bars every new day, i really dont know how i would go about doing this ? Thanks
  JMA Jurik  (1)
Has anyone got the indicator for mq4? =) Cheers
  Expiration  (1)
I wrote this expert that I just can’t get to know how to make the pending order to expire at the same day for each day at certain hour if the market didn’t reach the price that I have set. extern double Lots = 0.1; extern double Limits = 35; extern double TakeProfit = 35; extern double StopLoss...
  MT4 suggestion  (3)
OK, I tried this before but did not get a response and now it seems to have disappeared from the forum. Suggestion to Metaquotes: Will it be possible for you to insert the buttons in the "new order" window that exits in the "modify order" window? I mean those where you select SL and TP, press the...
  Please help......  (20   1 2)
"EasyLanguage" code ,can you change to MT4 Language?
Hello all. I would like to thank all who help people in this forum in advance. My problem is i am trying to set a Buystop order and it should only be active for 8 hours or Until 6:00. I am trying to figure out the Ordersend's Time Expiration area but cannot figure out the correct way. I have looked...
  Urgent Help  (7)
Recently I have had problems with my Hard Disk and I lost several files. Some of the files that there are lost are MQL sources ver: 3.82 build 1217 I have been able to recover some files, but these are compiled (in .EXP format). I need to decompile these files urgently in order to follow with the
  mql 4 manual????  (5)
hi were can i fond the manual for mql4 thanks
  Multi indicators  (3)
Hi all tahnks for your help my plan for the other indicator is not going to make a nwe indicaror My question is how can I add 3 different indicators to make 1 custome indicator I am trying to understand the cosind if MT-4 and just need a little help here Here is what I want in a new custom...
He me again Hello all I am looking for training on MQ4 does anybody know of a good instructor that I could spend a day with to get the basics of programming... MQ-4????????? I really want to learn the program how to make ea's how to make custom indicators and so on it would be a great help to...
Sometimes when I exit MT4, I have noticed that it still remains in the process list on my TaskManager as "terminal.exe". I have to manually end the process. Is this a bug, or how can this be fixed?
Hello. I have a code of Auto Regression Channel in MQL2. Can somebody convert it to MQ4 please. I will be very grateful. Especially you Slawa. The code in MQL2 is; /*[[ Name := Auto Regression channel Author := Copyright © 2004, FostarFX Link := fostar_fx@yahoo.com Separate Window :=...
Can ayone help? I run 2 instances of MT4 and both today, have developed the same problems. Firstly, when clicking on the tabs to change to another worksheet, the charts do not always respond. It can take 3 or 4 clicks before the windown changes to the next chart. Secondly, all the tooltips will...
Dear Friends, We are looking for a good expert advisor source code for autotrade. Of course, that works and has good yields. If any people can help us or can program an expert advisor for us, send a mail at: kiko AT telyse DOT net. We pay for a good source code. Thanks Kiko
I tested several scripts with Arrays assigment and iam a little confused why them doesnt work (them only gets a cero value), for example: // Channel limit=AllBars-ttPeriod-1; for(i=0; i<limit; i++) Array1[i]=iMA(NULL,0,21,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i); for(i=0; i<limit;...
Hi, Im using mt4.177 and I notice that even though (sound) Events are enabled (tools->options->events) none of the sounds play. How do I get these sounds to play automatically? Thanks
Good day all, i am new here and need some help om a code shure could use some help..... I am looking for a seperate advisor code i am goint to have two 5 min charts one for my first advisoor which i have done The second xhart is for the advisor I need this code for what I need it to do is on open...
Dear friends, I started translating some TS indicators/signals/functions to MT4 and i need some advice, how can i manage the numeric series on MT4? For example how could be the XAverage TS function translated to MT4? Thanks for any help. Regards Alejandro Galindo
I'm trying a very simple system. Buy if EMA(5) crosses EMA(13) --> using opening prices Close all open positions at close of current candle or at open of next candle. Opening goes ok but somehow it never closes on the same bar. I know backtesting is flawed but not for simple OHLC data I think/hope.....
Since the last update, the SendEmail function is not working properly. The information that it sends is now corrupt. Here is a transcript of the session by my smtp server. 192.168.2.200 [00000770] Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:40:02 -0400 Connected 192.168.2.200 [00000770] Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:40:02 -0400...
  Trailing stop  (3)
Just a quick thing - Do trailing stops still work when when MetaTrader(the program) is closed? I am using the default one (ie NOT using experts). Cheers!
Is it possible to add new pairs to market watch and eventually to charts say like chf/jpy?
parameter "curTrend" value be reset to 5,how can i to avoid this? thx! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| FOLLOWTREND.mq4 | //| Copyright ?2005, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| http://www.metaquotes.net |
Is there a way to get the value form indicator window in MT4 language ? Suppose I have template with MA based on ATR - can I get the value of current value (ex. ma(atr(nn), 0) programatically or do I heve to count it again in expoert code using iMAonArray ?? Simon
many people, including myself have multiple charts per currency pair. It would be convenient to have multiple workspaces, each one allowing for multiple charts. For example, I would like to create a tab called GBP and another AUD and each one be able to contains 5 min charts, 15 min and so on
I picked this program up from a forum. It came in MQL and .exp. I wanted to adjust the MQL file to new parameters and after I did I found I had an error. The error reads: 22;16;1;50;some operator expected - token "1". If the first numbers are line numbers, how can I get the editor to add line...
Anyone know of a way to play .wav or .mp3 audio files from within MT4 ? It would be cool to play something like this when the market is acting crazy: http://www.moviequotequiz.com/othersounds/DangerWillRobinson.wav http://www.starships.com/Music/warning.wav http://www.starships...
hello, I am stuck in my attempts to set on the charts symbols instead of execute orders while backtesting. Can someone help with a code snippet that is supposed to draw thumbs up for example when a condition is met? When I replace SetOrder(OP_SELLLIMIT,Lots,v1,3,v1+StopLoss*Point...
I havent seen this before so I am asking it here, can arrows be added to EA for orders just like we use them in the indicators? Does anyone have an example? Thanks EK