FX Turning Point indicators

Hey Guys,

Has anyone had a look at the FX Turning Point indicators at http://www.tradecurrency.ca/ ?? They're for the Visual Trader platform unfortunately but 'look' to be reasonably good for identifying a turning point.

Thoughts?

Martin

Free Trial?

Rastarr:
'look' to be reasonably good for identifying a turning point.

Thoughts?

Martin

You know, I really would like to try out this trading service (or any for that matter) if only they would offer a "TRUE" free trial.

These people always expect you to give them money upfront and then trust that, if you're not satisfied, they will refund your money. Why would I trust a complete stranger?

I think the fact that they want your money without proving to you that thier service actual works is proof that it doesn't. Wouldn't the best marketing stategy be, to give people a real no obligations, no money upfront free trial offer. If the service works everyone will pay for it after the trial.

By asking for money upfront they must be losing over 90% of the people that look at thier offer.

Anyone?

So, nobody has tried FX Turning Point? He offers full refund if you are not satisfied after 8 weeks!

~amin1000

I'm a newbie in fx and also FXTP

so far I have a good experience with this FXTP....

follow the trend at 4H

I'm concentrating in EU pair

set SL spread at 100 pips and TP spread at 20 pips

double check and re-confirm with other indicators such as MACD... RSI and Stoch...

ssufian:
I'm a newbie in fx and also FXTP

so far I have a good experience with this FXTP....

follow the trend at 4H

I'm concentrating in EU pair

set SL spread at 100 pips and TP spread at 20 pips

double check and re-confirm with other indicators such as MACD... RSI and Stoch...

Stop loss 100 and take profit 20.

Have you got that the right way round

Mart

mart-hart:
Stop loss 100 and take profit 20.

Have you got that the right way round

Mart

I dunno

like what I've told u before...

I'm a newbie here

so far I trade with green pips using this method...

please give me a better suggestion if there is any....

your take profit should be greater then your stoploss traditionally. Unless you have a 80%+ probability of successful trades. Anything less and your equity curve will be steeply pointed downwards.

So in this case.. your profit ratio would be 0.20/1. For every 1 pip you are risking of losing, you are only making .20 pips-- Unfortunatly that is not very good.

Ideally your profit ratio should be 2/1. You are making 2pips for every 1 pip you are risking of losing. So your take profit and stop loss should be 20 and 10 respectivly. Ofcourse again, this ratio is used in conjunction with your probability of success. So if your trades are 80% effective your profit ratio can be lower while still makeing the same profit.

drgoodvibe:
your take profit should be greater then your stoploss traditionally. Unless you have a 80%+ probability of successful trades. Anything less and your equity curve will be steeply pointed downwards.

So in this case.. your profit ratio would be 0.20/1. For every 1 pip you are risking of losing, you are only making .20 pips-- Unfortunatly that is not very good.

Ideally your profit ratio should be 2/1. You are making 2pips for every 1 pip you are risking of losing. So your take profit and stop loss should be 20 and 10 respectivly. Ofcourse again, this ratio is used in conjunction with your probability of success. So if your trades are 80% effective your profit ratio can be lower while still makeing the same profit.

yes...

u got the point there...

actually what I'm doing is to maximise the possibility of getting green pips even though I know that I'm playing with great risk...

but so far... from my experience I've been saved a lot by using this technique even if there are big news coming out

actually when I'm already in profit I will eventually minimise the SL spread from 100 to 0... and I might adjust it up to +5 or +10....

I don't know whether I'm right or wrong but I really have a high confident while using FX Turning Point coz I know at least I'm following the trend and not against the trend...

somewhere... somehow... somewhat I will eventually be in profit... it's only time factor...

ssufian:
yes...

u got the point there...

actually what I'm doing is to maximise the possibility of getting green pips even though I know that I'm playing with great risk...

but so far... from my experience I've been saved a lot by using this technique even if there are big news coming out

actually when I'm already in profit I will eventually minimise the SL spread from 100 to 0... and I might adjust it up to +5 or +10....

I don't know whether I'm right or wrong but I really have a high confident while using FX Turning Point coz I know at least I'm following the trend and not against the trend...

somewhere... somehow... somewhat I will eventually be in profit... it's only time factor...

Do not worry if you are making profit. I myself have a 55pip catastrophic stop loss or a stoploss at certain significant fib/MM levels. Meaning that I don't use a stoploss unless something fundamental has changed with the underlying trend.

Either case I use a 55+ pip stopless and take 1-20 pips per trade. I am already breaking the essential money management rules.. but I have a greater then 80% probability of success -- I hedge positions up and down as well which keeps my risk level low along with using small lot sizing.

drgoodvibe:
Do not worry if you are making profit. I myself have a 55pip catastrophic stop loss or a stoploss at certain significant fib/MM levels. Meaning that I don't use a stoploss unless something fundamental has changed with the underlying trend. Either case I use a 55+ pip stopless and take 1-20 pips per trade. I am already breaking the essential money management rules.. but I have a greater then 80% probability of success -- I hedge positions up and down as well which keeps my risk level low along with using small lot sizing.

Thank you drgoodvibe...

Maybe I need more experience...

so far I just stick to what have gave me something out of nothing

ssufian:
Thank you drgoodvibe...

Maybe I need more experience...

so far I just stick to what have gave me something out of nothing

definitly do that. I created a strategy that I was very comfortable with and doing very well with as well. Then I thought I could make it better and started changing it, adding in indicators I thought were better etc. Instead I made it worse and starting having drawdowns. I went back to how I was originally trading and have never looked back. When you're improving your strategy do it gradually and have a reason to do so.

Reason: