Maximum number of open trades per MT4 account

Hi all,

Please tell us a list of MT4 brokers allowing maximum number of open trades per account.

As I have heard from InterbankFX, it allows max 500 trades per account.

Jeff

That sounds about right... let me guess, grid trading?

Mr.Marketz:
That sounds about right... let me guess, grid trading?

Yes, grid trading could sometimes cause MT4 server problems that some brokers need to review his trading policy.

Never heard of that being an issue, although I've come across a few discussions that state the brokers unwillingness to host too many stop and limit orders. As far as open orders go, 500 is the limit with IBFX. To solve the problem of not having too many entry orders; just use a smaller setting of 20 or so to gravitate around the price. In other words don't plop down 300 entry orders north and south of price with a 1 pip interval, and you should be ok.

Mql4

Dear Marketz I changed from MetaTrader to TradeStation because I battled to get into the MQL4 coding. TradeStation does have EasyLanguage which I can now code in comfortably however they treat their retail clients very badly and I am thinking of changing back to MetaTrader - are their any other new Turorials similar to below link for MQL4?

Thank you for your time and attention. Ethan

https://www.tradestation.com/support/books/default.aspx#easylanguage

Mr.Marketz:
Never heard of that being an issue, although I've come across a few discussions that state the brokers unwillingness to host too many stop and limit orders. As far as open orders go, 500 is the limit with IBFX. To solve the problem of not having too many entry orders; just use a smaller setting of 20 or so to gravitate around the price. In other words don't plop down 300 entry orders north and south of price with a 1 pip interval, and you should be ok.

Should it be OK if I wrote an EA that opens 1 pending or market trade per tick, or delete 1 pending order per tick, or closes all trades during 1 tick time, whatever number of open trades are? Since 500 is the limit for MT4 accounts, I am thinking about programming this EA for MT3 (through MT3API), for unlimited grid trading.

Ethan:
Dear Marketz I changed from MetaTrader to TradeStation because I battled to get into the MQL4 coding. TradeStation does have EasyLanguage which I can now code in comfortably however they treat their retail clients very badly and I am thinking of changing back to MetaTrader - are their any other new Turorials similar to below link for MQL4?

Thank you for your time and attention. Ethan

https://www.tradestation.com/support/books/default.aspx#easylanguage

Ethan, Firstly welcome to the forum. Do a search for a member by the name of Codersguru. He has catalogs of tutorials he himself has put together over the years... very knowledgeable guy. Also, there is a member by the name of Ryan Klefas, he knows his stuff inside and out, and is very approachable.

Good luck,

MM

fxtrader625:
Should it be OK if I wrote an EA that opens 1 pending or market trade per tick, or delete 1 pending order per tick, or closes all trades during 1 tick time, whatever number of open trades are? Since 500 is the limit for MT4 accounts, I am thinking about programming this EA for MT3 (through MT3API), for unlimited grid trading.

fxtrader625,

Sure, why not just use MT4, there are plenty of grid ea's already available with adjustable settings to do exactly what you need.

Max Trades

Max open trades on IBFX is 1000, not 500, they uped it a while ago.

There is a thread on the IBFX forum regarding this issue if you'd like to follow up on it?

Mr.Marketz:
fxtrader625, Sure, why not just use MT4, there are plenty of grid ea's already available with adjustable settings to do exactly what you need.

Thanks Mr.Marketz, I continue to backtest it further in MT4 terminal!

Jeff

KaMpeR:
Max open trades on IBFX is 1000, not 500, they uped it a while ago. There is a thread on the IBFX forum regarding this issue if you'd like to follow up on it?

Well, just read some IBFX posts, it tells that the 500 limit has been removed!

http://forum.interbankfx.com/viewtopic.php?t=1143&highlight=500

Reason: