Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 436

[Deleted]
Within my reasearches about expert advisors and all the public accessible ones the idea of creating one by myself came to my mind. For creating the desired EA, I have to following ideas: 6 Steps of processing: 1.) Generating an optimal signal 2.) Search in a defined base of indicators for the...
Hello everyone! I am new to mql5 programmig and after some reading and tutorials i took this article as basis for simple EA. Nothing fancy. I just used price bars to entry. After some ECN and Mqltraderequest related problems i got it work in demo and strategy tester. Now another problem encountered...
Hello, any idea what to do if the signal provider is using a broker with 100.000 lot size and my broker is using 10.000 lot size? The trade volumes copied should be multiplied by 10 in this case to keep the pip value !?? Any solution? Thx
What is breakeven,breakeven gain It is also different.
Hello, i would like to draw an indicator when my experts starts. Is this possible? int OnInit(){ MAHandle = iMA(_Symbol, _Period, MovingPeriod, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE); if(MAHandle == INVALID_HANDLE)   { printf("Error creating MA indicator");...
Hello, i have a laptop on which i develop my EAs and a pc with good cpu on. I have added my pc as an remote agent to my MT5 on my laptop...and there is on every CPU "ready" and "connected". When i do an optimizing test on my laptop than the agents are only "connecting" but dont do any test passes...
  I need to buy EA  (5)
Hello I need EA to use it as automated trading for SL and TP but I need it to make pending order in the place of SL and this option I could control it . and one have any idea please contact me on my email xxxxxxxxxxxxx , I will buy the cheaper one and I will pay after trying it , I find many...
Hi, my second question connected with the same problem... When I start the tester from, let's say 01/01/2009, the history is synched starting from 01/01/08. But I would very much prefer to use all available data, as I try to add some "auto-learning" and for that, of course, each data-point is
Hi everybody, am I the blindest guy on earth? I cannot seem to find a way to use the start and end date, that the user picked in the strategy tester, from within the code, specifically the OnTester() function. Anyone know a simple way? Of course I can, for example, write to a file in OnInit()......
  Sequential  (1)
Are there any programmers outbthere that has experience to program an ea based on Demark's books for mt5 for me?
I need an expert whichafter touching the TP immediately open a new order in that direction  and  lotcan be changeable.
Hello I m using the MetaQuotes Demo server. This code: int symb_order_mode=( int ) SymbolInfoInteger (Symb, SYMBOL_ORDER_MODE ); //--- check for market orders (Market Execution) if (( SYMBOL_ORDER_MARKET &symb_order_mode)== SYMBOL_ORDER_MARKET ) Print (Symb+ ": Market orders are allowed
  Coppy Buffer OF Stochastic ?  (12   1 2)
Dear friend i am little confused how to coppy buffer of stochastic ? //--- Copy the new values of our indicators to buffers (arrays) using the handle if ( CopyBuffer (Stoch, 0 , 2 ,Main)< 0 || CopyBuffer (Stoch, 1 , 2 ,Signal)< 0 ) { Alert ( "Error copying Stochastic indicator
Do anyone has developed an EA which trade in Stocks on MT5 platform ? Thank you Suresh
Hi, I have written an EA which I have been running in the optimiser. My EA has various inputs, one of which is a boolean whether the EA should use a trailing stop or not, and another is the value of the trailing stop. What I would like to know is, is it possible to set up the tester, either with...
Hi please help ive read a few articles relating to orders ect. but what i need is to know how many bars (timeframes) away was the last order i need to do this so that i can identify what the bar index is of the last order placed and is still open. Thgis is so i can loop through the bars since the
  debugger  (4)
I do not understand how the debugger works.  I am using the 'comment' command to display variable values in the top left corner of strategy tester, but sometimes I cannot tell what section of my code is changing those variables.  I have tried using the debugger but I do not know how to...
Hello i post code, i have used simple movingaverage expert example and i just added iCustom indicator call to hodrick filter.Call to custom indicator seems ok but when i run robot tester i get this: -custom indicator is not viewed in graph -if i manually add indicator on graph of finished...
void OnChartEvent When I used strategy tester void OnChartEvent isn't work. How to fix this. So I try to create buttons on strategy tester but they doesn't shows. 
Hello, I have my indicators and decide manually when to enter a trade. However, instead of using a trailing stop I prefer to take profit based on my indicator. I have not seen an EA that would do so though. Is there an example ? Thank you.
Dear all i am just following the method of candle patterns https://www.mql5.com/en/code/321, and i create an ea on this base, but its not doing any trade !!! can any one help me ? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
Hi. I have written an EA which places buy and sell stop orders at certain places. After an order is filled, if price moves in my favour, I want to move my stop loss to break even. To get the order open price I use the following code (for a short position)...
Hi, there!I am originally an MT4 user, and therefore very new to MT5! I wanted to have a better understanding of its Strategy Tester so I tried to run a strategy test ("backtest") of one of the EAs that come with MT5 (MACD Sample) on EURUSD H4 over the first 4 months of 2103. I did it in...
can anyone develop an ea with following terms and conditions: Pair: EuroJpy buy limit xyx (here xyz = 128) Buy limit 128.000 total 36 orders (say price is 128.154) 1st tp= 128 + 35 pips sl =128 -1200 pips 2nd tp= 128 + 65 pips sl =128 -1200 pips 3rd tp= 128 + 100 pips sl =128 -1200...
I receive this message: 'There are a subscription to specified trading account and period exists. Signals resale is prohibited" - as I try to subscribe to a signal provider what can be the solutuion? Can someone help me .Aboak
  No signal  (1)
Sir, I subscribed to A Cashmaker signal successfully with Alpari Demo Pro but I have no trade. Must I instal an auto-trade software ? Must I activate something in the plateform ? Is there a special procedure ? Thank you...
  info window  (4)
When testing in visualization mode I want to be able to see some of my calculations as I scroll through the charts. &nbsp;I know if I were to create an indicator that I could get the data to display in the data window, but I am not certain if that is the best approach. &nbsp;I was thinking of...
Hello I'm getting this weird result from MT5 strat tester. I have the simplest code snippet to prove that the problem is reproducable. I assign a few external input variables in the code. I run the code and check the journal of the tester as I output the values. When I stop the test, close the
  stringformat  (1)
Comment(StringFormat("MACD = %f\nHigh = %f\ndtHigh = %s\nLow = %f\ndtLow = %s\nPips = %f\nDirect = %d\nCount = %d\ndtHigh = %s\ndtLow = %s\ndtMACD = %s\nMACD = %f",&nbsp;&nbsp; H1wave.f_wMACD(), H1wave.High(), H1wave.f_dtHigh(), H1wave.Low(), H1wave.f_dtLow(), H1wave.f_wPips(), m5wave.Direction(),...