ea limit order rules

Hi,

I'm going to pay someone to create a new ea for me.. It opens limit orders and I want a rule in there saying it can only open up to 1 buy limit AND one sell limit per bar. Assuming this is even possible, I have a question. What if it places a limit order, then I remove the ea from the chart, then put it back on (or stop automated trading then start it again) will it then forget that it's already placed a limit order on that bar?

I have a feeling it will only affect it if I change the magic number before placing it back on the chart but I would like to know how it works and get my entry rules sorted before I post it in the freelance section

Thanks! 

Bluntside:

Hi,

I'm going to pay someone to create a new ea for me.. It opens limit orders and I want a rule in there saying it can only open up to 1 buy limit AND one sell limit per bar. Assuming this is even possible, I have a question. What if it places a limit order, then I remove the ea from the chart, then put it back on (or stop automated trading then start it again) will it then forget that it's already placed a limit order on that bar?

I have a feeling it will only affect it if I change the magic number before placing it back on the chart but I would like to know how it works and get my entry rules sorted before I post it in the freelance section

Thanks! 

Hi

That would totally depend on how your coder writes the EA. You will just need to make that clear in the EA specifications and they can then incorporate the logic in to the EA. Everything you have listed above is totally possible.

Cheers

Filter:
Hi

That would totally depend on how your coder writes the EA. You will just need to make that clear in the EA specifications and they can then incorporate the logic in to the EA. Everything you have listed above is totally possible.

Cheers
Thanks! I will post its soon then and have a discussion with a coder
Reason: