Download MetaTrader 5

How to change CAppDialog background color?

To add comments, please log in or register
Mohammad Mohi
Mohammad Mohi  
I need to change background color of my Panel derived from CAppDialog, but since m_background is a private member of CDialog, I can't access it and change the color with the function ColorBackground(). I appritiate any help.
Vladimir Karputov
Vladimir Karputov  
Mohammad Mohi:
I need to change background color of my Panel derived from CAppDialog, but since m_background is a private member of CDialog, I can't access it and change the color with the function ColorBackground(). I appritiate any help.

Just create your own panel "CPanel" ...

This example is based on a standard of Example ...\MQL5\Experts\Examples\Controls\

Files:
Controls.mq5 3 kb
Mohammad Mohi
Mohammad Mohi  
Karputov Vladimir:

Just create your own panel "CPanel" ...

This example is based on a standard of Example ...\MQL5\Experts\Examples\Controls\

Thanks for reply, But I want to change the main CAppDialog background color or caption bar, not the controls on it.
Vladimir Karputov
Vladimir Karputov  
Mohammad Mohi:
Thanks for reply, But I want to change the main CAppDialog background color or caption bar, not the controls on it.
Extend my plate - and you can change the background color :). By CAppDialog not have access.
Mohammad Mohi
Mohammad Mohi  
Karputov Vladimir:
Extend my plate - and you can change the background color :). By CAppDialog not have access.
That's fine, I know that way but I need to code as less as possible, and want to benefit from further developments made to the Standard Library, that's why I want to try a native way rather than extending, I believe one should be able to change the Panel colors within the inherited class itself.
Ernst Van Der Merwe
Ernst Van Der Merwe  
The simplest way would be to move m_background to protected: but then the code would have to be changed when the class is updated.
aries
aries  

Mohammad, how did you solve this?

I have same problem and any way I look at it, it's a lot of hassle. Either I have to change core lib and then keep changing it after every update, or I have to write a sh11ton of code, classes that inherit the core lib but afterward serves basically nothing else.

To add comments, please log in or register