Why does MT5 not use the whole space available on the chart? - page 3

Marco vd Heijden:

didn't you do a broker scan and just logged in to your existing account.

I am almost sure it's a configuration issue and not a broker one.

Downloaded the MT5 from instaforex and all seems fine there. Very strange indeed but it seems i just happened to pick two brokers that had the same problem. Thanks for the help.

kcomplex:
Downloaded the MT5 from instaforex and all seems fine there. Very strange indeed but it seems i just happened to pick two brokers that had the same problem. Thanks for the help.
Don't you ever answer questions ? It's already 2 times.

kcomplex:
Maybe you could post a chart from your version of MT5 and i will be able to see whether the candles extend to the bottom of the chart.

Gap ~2500 pts - see pic #1. MetaQuotes demo server. But if you scroll a bit, and there is no gap - see pic #2. This is auto-scaling algorithm issue. BTW, seems like auto-scaling algorithm is the most secret MQ technology - I could not get it on forum or via service desk request (ticket #1270449)
Files:
gap1.png  137 kb
gap2.png  128 kb

Well not sure how it could be a configuration problem as the only thing i changed on the MT5 platform i downloaded from the metaqoutes site was the broker as i logged into my existing account. When i was not logged into my forextime account there was no gaps. When i logged into my account the gaps appeared again! very strange but no matter as the insta forex MT5 platform has no gaps. I don't actually trade off of MT5 is just need it for the extra TF's and some indicators i like to use. A perculiar problem but should be sorted now.

Alain Verleyen:
Don't you ever answer questions ? It's already 2 times.
Sorry Alain. Let me know what you want to know exactly if your still interested and i will answer of course. I thought i had answered everything but maybe not. I kept missing posts while writing replies.

kcomplex:
Sorry Alain. Let me know what you want to know exactly if your still interested and i will answer of course. I thought i had answered everything but maybe not. I kept missing posts while writing replies.

Ok no worries. You wrote "Now i have no idea whats going on. I just copied the config files from forextime...", so I was thinking it's a configuration problem.

But if it's the same platform/config and you just log in an other account, then it's an other matter.

Alexander Puzanov:

BTW, seems like auto-scaling algorithm is the most secret MQ technology - I could not get it on forum or via service desk request (ticket #1270449)
long witdh=ChartGetInteger(chart_ID,CHART_WIDTH_IN_PIXELS);
long height=ChartGetInteger(chart_ID,CHART_HEIGHT_IN_PIXELS); 

int x; //x axis data
int y; //y axis data 

div=1;// division 

if(x>width||y>height){div++;Recal();}

void recal()
{
 x=x/div;
 y=y/div;
}
I am using something like this example quite simple.

Marco vd Heijden:
I am using something like this example quite simple.
Thanks. But my task was to get max/min price on 'virtual' chart, where i can't use CHART_PRICE_MAX / MIN. I found solution for my particular case, but auto-scalling algorithm still somewhere on dark side

Alexander Puzanov:
Thanks. But my task was to get max/min price on 'virtual' chart, where i can't use CHART_PRICE_MAX / MIN. I found solution for my particular case, but auto-scrolling algorithm still somewhere on dark side
Agree. It seems a little difference in price (high/low of visible candles) results sometimes to this gap at the bottom. It's not broker related but data related somehow.
Reason: