Has anybody got a functioning EA using ChatGPT?

Hello guys,
No matter mql4 or mql5. Any success?

HosseinKOGO:
Hello guys,
No matter mql4 or mql5. Any success?

Not heard success stories from ChatGPT although various fake youtube video claims ChatGPT generated 10000% return but all is fake

Human use machine as slave, Human mind can not be beaten by machines and trading is not a machine game, it includes psychology based moves and news based moves too which fails every strategy, Machines will be always slave of human including ChatGPT. Its possible to code a successful EA but no body is going to share years of research i guess.

If someone got it working he wont be here to answer you, but he might be enjoying luxury life . By the way if you find any one, you can post it here in this thread

Good Luck.

Alain Verleyen #:

There is already a topic dedicated to ChatGPT and the like.

I will delete this topic.

I saw your topic right after I wrote this topic.
Thank you for making that, You can delete this topic or let it be existed for people with same google searched question since your topic was not shown when I googled it.
Appreciated!

What do you want to do with ChatGPT? Feed it with recent forex news, and ask it about possible BUY/SELL suggestions?

Rodger Sen #:
If someone got it working he wont be here to answer you, but he might be enjoying luxury life

I agree with this words 😀

Can be used as an assistant

Stop using ChatGPT.
          Help needed to debug and fix an AI EA - Trading Systems - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2023)

ChatGPT (the worst), “Bots Builder”, “EA builder”, “EA Builder Pro”, EATree, “Etasoft forex generator”, “Forex Strategy Builder”, ForexEAdvisor (aka. ForexEAdvisor STRATEGY BUILDER, and Online Forex Expert Advisor Generator), ForexRobotAcademy.com, forexsb, “FX EA Builder”, fxDreema, Forex Generator, FxPro, Molanis, Octa-FX Meta Editor, Strategy Builder FX, Strategy Quant, “Visual Trader Studio”, “MQL5 Wizard”, etc., are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.

Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.

We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using Code button) and state the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

ChatGPT
  1. Even it says do not use it for coding. * 
  2. Mixing MT4 and MT5 code together.
  3. Creating multiple OnCalculate/OnTick functions.
  4. OnCalculate returning a double.
  5. Filling buffers with zero in OnInit (they have no size yet). Setting buffer elements to zero but not setting Empty Value to correspond.
  6. Calling undefined functions.
  7. Calling MT4 functions in MT5 code.
  8. Sometimes, not using strict (MT4 code).
  9. Code that will not compile.
  10. Creating code outside of functions. * 
  11. Creating incomplete code. * 
  12. Initialization of Global variables with non-constants. * 
  13. Assigning a MT5 handle to a double or missing the buffer and bar indexes in a MT4 call. * 
  14. Useing MT4 Trade Functions without first selecting an order. * 
  15. Uses NULL in OrderSend. * 
bot builder Creating two OnInit() functions. * 
EA builder
  1. Counting up while closing multiple orders.
  2. Not useing time in new bar detection.
  3. Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage. * 
  4. Not checking return codes.
EATree Uses objects on chart to save values — not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)
ForexEAdvisor
  1. Non-updateing global variables.
  2. Compilation errors.
  3. Not checking return codes.
  4. Not reporting errors.
FX EA Builder
  1. Not checking return codes.
  2. Loosing open tickets on terminal restart. No recovery (crash/power failure.)
  3. Not adjusting stops for the spread. * 
  4. Using OrdersTotal directly.
  5. Using the old event handlers.

William Roeder #:

Stop using ChatGPT.
          Help needed to debug and fix an AI EA - Trading Systems - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2023)

ChatGPT (the worst), “Bots Builder”, “EA builder”, “EA Builder Pro”, EATree, “Etasoft forex generator”, “Forex Strategy Builder”, ForexEAdvisor (aka. ForexEAdvisor STRATEGY BUILDER, and Online Forex Expert Advisor Generator), ForexRobotAcademy.com, forexsb, “FX EA Builder”, fxDreema, Forex Generator, FxPro, Molanis, Octa-FX Meta Editor, Strategy Builder FX, Strategy Quant, “Visual Trader Studio”, “MQL5 Wizard”, etc., are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.

Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.

We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using Code button) and state the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

ChatGPT
  1. Even it says do not use it for coding. * 
  2. Mixing MT4 and MT5 code together.
  3. Creating multiple OnCalculate/OnTick functions.
  4. OnCalculate returning a double.
  5. Filling buffers with zero in OnInit (they have no size yet). Setting buffer elements to zero but not setting Empty Value to correspond.
  6. Calling undefined functions.
  7. Calling MT4 functions in MT5 code.
  8. Sometimes, not using strict (MT4 code).
  9. Code that will not compile.
  10. Creating code outside of functions. * 
  11. Creating incomplete code. * 
  12. Initialization of Global variables with non-constants. * 
  13. Assigning a MT5 handle to a double or missing the buffer and bar indexes in a MT4 call. * 
  14. Useing MT4 Trade Functions without first selecting an order. * 
  15. Uses NULL in OrderSend. * 
bot builder Creating two OnInit() functions. * 
EA builder
  1. Counting up while closing multiple orders.
  2. Not useing time in new bar detection.
  3. Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage. * 
  4. Not checking return codes.
EATree Uses objects on chart to save values — not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)
ForexEAdvisor
  1. Non-updateing global variables.
  2. Compilation errors.
  3. Not checking return codes.
  4. Not reporting errors.
FX EA Builder
  1. Not checking return codes.
  2. Loosing open tickets on terminal restart. No recovery (crash/power failure.)
  3. Not adjusting stops for the spread. * 
  4. Using OrdersTotal directly.
  5. Using the old event handlers.
It's a pity, the worst of all tools found its way into ME5...

We will be spammed with requests like this for years to come.

Rodger Sen #:

Not heard success stories from ChatGPT although various fake youtube video claims ChatGPT generated 10000% return but all is fake

Human use machine as slave, Human mind can not be beaten by machines and trading is not a machine game, it includes psychology based moves and news based moves too which fails every strategy, Machines will be always slave of human including ChatGPT. Its possible to code a successful EA but no body is going to share years of research i guess.

If someone got it working he wont be here to answer you, but he might be enjoying luxury life . By the way if you find any one, you can post it here in this thread

Good Luck.

Was the video by the same guy who used to use a football match statistics to predict the outcome of that very match with python ?

Dominik Egert #:
It's a pity, the worst of all tools found its way into ME5...

We will be spammed with requests like this for years to come.

Saddest thing about these requests is they never feed the correct answer back to the GPT.

I wonder what other sectors suffer from this.

The fact that we have the same forum (or at least the same webpage "mql5.com") for both languages is what I think has made chatGPT so bad for mql4/mql5: from its learning data it just doesn't know which one people are talking about. The irony is that even the example that was posted (as a gif) when copilot was introduced had wrong code! (using iRsi as value and not handle for mq5)

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaTrader 5 Platform update build 3800: Book or Cancel orders, AI coding assistant, and enhanced ONNX support

MetaQuotes, 2023.05.25 16:11

1. MetaEditor: Added integration with the advanced automatic coding assistant Copilot. Its operation is based on OpenAI models. Enter a comment or part of a function and send a prompt. The neural network will analyze the prompt and will offer coding options to implement the idea.

Copilot coding assistant

Depending on the file type, the string "MQL5 language", "Python language" or "C++ language" is automatically inserted at each prompt beginning. Thus, the neural network will provide the result in the required language.

If we are to get a functioning copilot/chatGPT for mql5 I think it should be by training a model with specific data of one language only. Who will do that... I don't know.

For now it would only probably work reasonably writing functions that don't use any specific mql4/5 language (so no indicator handles, orders, trades...). I haven't tried yet though

For all of the people who would like to test a coding AI, or use it for their daily work to some capacity.

This can be run locally. It is not as good as chatGPT in generating functions, but it can be trained and it does not expose your data/code.

As a general suggestion on how professional coders use AI for coding, if they do at all, is to get comments and documentation for code, they have written themselves, or need to understand.

Any coder who is actually good will use AI generated code maybe as a comparison resource, but surely never as their main development tool.

I personally do not use any AI for coding, though, I could imagine to use it for documentation purposes. It would be a real enhancement, if ME5 would autogenerate comments on functions in such way, and format it so it can be read by tools like doxygen or alike.

That would be a real benefit to me personally.

The AI mentioned above can be integrated into VScode and can be used in such way. It is for sure quite some endeavor to integrate and personalize it, but I think it could be utilized to the better for an individual.

The current trend of using AI to generate code, is in my personal view just a short term hype and will disappear sooner or later. Especially since it has been proven, GitHub CoPilot copies intellectual property one to one, and breaks licenses.

Let it cook for a while and watch it vanish over time.

The future for AI and coding in my humble opinion, lies in assistance, like adding comments, giving pseudo code references, learning the style of the individual coders way of coding and applying formatting. Showing syntax errors, drawing out suggestions to improve a certain part of code, like using a variable instead of a function call inside a loop. Stuff like that, that's at least what I would like to see.

I don't need a program to code for me, I can do that myself. But I could use assistance in the other aspects, as mentioned above.

My personal opinion on AI and coding/coders
Reason: