I need someone who can help me get my EA to work.

Hi guys, I have developed a strategy and got it into MQL4 using ChatGPT but I don't have the coding knowledge to get it to work the way I want to, in fact it doesn't execute trades at all when I try to back test it. I would love for someone to help me get it to work on MetaTrader. I know the strategy will be profitable if we can get the EA to work so anyone willing to help, we can make a deal of some kind, we can discuss the terms etc.

I have an MQL4 file with the code and it has no errors or warnings so there's probably some functions not talking to each other. Please reach out to me so we can discuss it. My email is <...>.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Order Properties - Trade Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Christoph Gouws: Hi guys, I have developed a strategy and got it into MQL4 using ChatGPT but I don't have the coding knowledge to get it to work the way I want to, in fact it doesn't execute trades at all when I try to back test it. I would love for someone to help me get it to work on MetaTrader. I know the strategy will be profitable if we can get the EA to work so anyone willing to help, we can make a deal of some kind, we can discuss the terms etc.I have an MQL4 file with the code and it has no errors or warnings so there's probably some functions not talking to each other. Please reach out to me so we can discuss it. My email is <...>.

Please stop using ChatGPT AI to generate MQL code. It produces horrible results. Learn to code it properly yourself or hire someone to code it for you.

Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers

Christoph Gouws:

Hi guys, I have developed a strategy and got it into MQL4 using ChatGPT but I don't have the coding knowledge to get it to work the way I want to, in fact it doesn't execute trades at all when I try to back test it. I would love for someone to help me get it to work on MetaTrader. I know the strategy will be profitable if we can get the EA to work so anyone willing to help, we can make a deal of some kind, we can discuss the terms etc.

I have an MQL4 file with the code and it has no errors or warnings so there's probably some functions not talking to each other. Please reach out to me so we can discuss it. My email is <...>.

Hi @Christoph Gouws , it would be interesting to see what the ChatGPT tried to do . If it is not an issue sharing it we'd like to see it here . I have a theory : " is likely highly probable chatGPT has seen old code and decompiled code."

@Lorentzos Roussos #:Hi @Christoph Gouws , it would be interesting to see what the ChatGPT tried to do . If it is not an issue sharing it we'd like to see it here . I have a theory : " is likely highly probable chatGPT has seen old code and decompiled code."

There have been several users posting ChatGPT code and requesting help.

The code produced by it, is usually a mix of MQL4 and MQL5 snippets mashed together in an incoherent way.

It is horrible. Even bad code generators produce better code than ChatGPT.

Fernando Carreiro #:

The code produced by it, is usually a mix of MQL4 and MQL5 snippets mashed together in an incoherent way.

Yeah , i've seen a couple with functions inside functions but also a couple with the pattern 

int gi_2464253;

in variables.

But maybe some "i've got a ChatGPT code" is the new "someone sent me this code can someone ...?"

Fernando Carreiro #:

I have noticed a lot of codes posted recently where people have mixed MQL4 and 5.

Now I understand why.

I wonder what chatGPT will say if asked "How to be a top seller on mql5.com?"  😊  

Keith Watford #:

I have noticed a lot of codes posted recently where people have mixed MQL4 and 5.

Now I understand why.

ow yeah , good catch

@Keith Watford #: I have noticed a lot of codes posted recently where people have mixed MQL4 and 5. Now I understand why.

And to make it worse, MetaQuotes is even promoting it ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Let's discuss video "i made Chat GPT even better for trading | improving the ai model by OpenAI"

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.01.19 16:05

@MetaQuotes, why would you promote the use of AI generated MQL code?

Then you have users come here to the forum for help to fix the horrible code it produces, without any knowledge or skill to understand the answers given.

Instead, please promote discipline and effort into learning to code in MQL properly.

It is glaringly obvious that ChatGPT can't write code. I have tried it in numerous ways with numerous languages. It isn't capable of it, you are way better off using YouTube tutorials or paying a developer.

You can ask it about entry and exit strategy for sure, it has a pretty decent understanding. I have done that before, treat it more like a proof reader. For instance, you could ask it about MA crossover strategy and it could tell you more about the market forces in play.
Reason: