Help needed to debug and fix an AI EA

Hi All,

I need help in fixing errors and warnings on an AI EA.

The AI EA is based on Bollinger bands     

BB_NONE,        // no BB strategy

BB_SQUEEZE,     // BB squeeze strategy

BB_BREAKOUT,    // BB breakout strategy

BB_TREND,       // BB trend strategy

BB_REVERSAL,    // BB reversal strategy

BB_SCALPING,    // BB scalping strategy

The AI EA Changes its strategies based on market conditions and choses the best strategy to use before opening a trade

The Bollinger Bands trade signals are verified against MFI, RSI, MA and MACD signals to ensure accurate signals.

This EA incorporates Risk Management, Fixed Lots / Position Sizer based on user selection

This EA also features Max Buy and sell Positions per MN

This EA gets in news events from ForexProsTools and avoid trading 60 minutes before and after the news events

These features makes this the perfect EA for generating huge profits and keeping account safe.

Only the top featured and trusted debugger will be shared the source.

If you can fix the errors and warnings and give me the full source code without cloud compiled and without errors and warnings I will agree for you to sell the EA on MQL5 or your own website as your own. I will also agree that I will not sell it on any public domain.

Bollinger Bands - Trend Indicators - Technical Indicators - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Bollinger Bands (BB) are similar to Envelopes. The only difference is that the bands of Envelopes are plotted a fixed distance (%) away from the...

Place your request in the Freelance section, not the forum.
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers

Prabhu Raj: I need help in fixing errors and warnings on an AI EA.
  1. Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. Always post all relevant code (using Code button) or attach the source file.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
              Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

2. ChatGPT (the worst), “Bots Builder”, “EA builder”, “EA Builder Pro”, EATree, “Etasoft forex generator”, “Forex Strategy Builder”, ForexEAdvisor (aka. ForexEAdvisor STRATEGY BUILDER, and Online Forex Expert Advisor Generator), ForexRobotAcademy.com, forexsb, “FX EA Builder”, fxDreema, Forex Generator, FxPro, Molanis, Octa-FX Meta Editor, Strategy Builder FX, Strategy Quant, “Visual Trader Studio”, “MQL5 Wizard”, etc., are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.

Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.

We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using Code button) and state the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

ChatGPT
    1. Even it says do not use it for coding.*
    2. Mixing MT4 and MT5 code together.
    3. Creating multiple OnCalculate/OnTick functions.
    4. OnCalculate returning a double.
    5. Filling buffers with zero in OnInit (they have no size yet). Setting buffer elements to zero but not setting Empty Value to correspond.
    6. Calling undefined functions.
    7. Sometimes, not using strict (MT4 code).
    8. Code that will not compile.
    9. Creating code outside of functions.*
    10. Creating incomplete code.*
    11. Initialization of Global variables with non-constants.*
    12. Assigning a MT5 handle to a double or missing the buffer and bar indexes in a MT4 call.*
    13. Useing MT4 Trade Functions without first selecting an order.*
    14. Uses NULL in OrderSend.*
    bot builder Creating two OnInit() functions.*
    EA builder
    1. Counting up while closing multiple orders.
    2. Not useing time in new bar detection.
    3. Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.*
    4. Not checking return codes.
    EATree Uses objects on chart to save values — not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)
    ForexEAdvisor
    1. Non-updateing global variables.
    2. Compilation errors.
    3. Not checking return codes.
    4. Not reporting errors.
    FX EA Builder
    1. Not checking return codes.
    2. Loosing open tickets on terminal restart. No recovery (crash/power failure.)
    3. Not adjusting stops for the spread *.
    4. Using OrdersTotal directly.

hahah people in this mql5 always comment with attitude when someone just needs help. You guys really need to revisit your inner nature and kidness haha. Be kind

Ivan Cvitanovic #:
hahah people in this mql5 always comment with attitude when someone just needs help. You guys really need to revisit your inner nature and kidness haha. Be kind

You confuse needing help with wanting help. This case (or any other help request on MQL5) reside in the want category. Considering the TS is talking about huge profits, it isn't unreasonable to pay someone.

Moreover, in this particular case, "AI" generated crap code can take days if not weeks to either debug or rewrite completely, so we are not talking about doing  someone a small favor here.

Enrique Dangeroux #: You confuse needing help with wanting help. This case (or any other help request on MQL5) reside in the want category. Considering the TS is talking about huge profits, it isn't unreasonable to pay someone. Moreover, in this particular case, "AI" generated crap code can take days if not weeks to either debug or rewrite completely, so we are not talking about doing  someone a small favor here.

👍 Totally agree!

Ivan Cvitanovic #: hahah people in this mql5 always comment with attitude when someone just needs help. You guys really need to revisit your inner nature and kidness haha. Be kind

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Is it easy (or difficult) to …?

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.08.30 21:43

This post could be considered a “rant”, but I would like to take the opportunity to relay to those that ask similar questions, the difficulty involved in answering such a simple query – “Is it is easy (or difficult) to …?”

• “Easy” would imply that anyone can do it, but that is obviously not the case.
  • “Easy” depends on the ability, skill, knowledge and experience of the one that is tasked to do it.
  • That ability, skill, knowledge and experience took time to establish and it had a cost, and if you sum it all up, it can be quite high.
  • So, “easy” means that if you don’t know how to do it yourself (or not able to do it yourself), then you will have to “compensate” someone else to do it for you.
  • You will be “compensating” him or her for all the effort and cost that went into acquiring the ability, skill, knowledge and experience and NOT for the actual time spent carrying out the task.

So, even if the task is just changing one line of code; remember that you are “compensating” the person for his knowledge and skills and not for just one line of code.

The same applies to those that request for something “simple” to be done for free. It is NEVER “simple”. If it were that “simple” then you would be able to do it yourself.

So, respect the hard work and effort the coder went through to gain his skills and knowledge and “compensate” him/her for it. Wanting it for free is being totally disrespectful!

PS! In conclusion, learn to use the Freelance Jobs section and recognise and respect those more skilled, knowledgeable and experienced than you!

EDIT: Please note that I use the term "compensation" and not "payment", because there are many ways to "compensate" for work done. Sometimes a coder will be "compensated" with gained or shared knowledge instead of money, or by an exchange of ideas or other things. It is not always about the money but it is about the "compensation"!

Enrique Dangeroux #:

You confuse needing help with wanting help. This case (or any other help request on MQL5) reside in the want category. Considering the TS is talking about huge profits, it isn't unreasonable to pay someone.

Moreover, in this particular case, "AI" generated crap code can take days if not weeks to either debug or rewrite completely, so we are not talking about doing  someone a small favor here.

I am not talking about how long does it take to do a job, if it takes a year or a day not really what i am trying to address here. Be kinder and more polite has nothing to do with how long does it take to do a job. When you reply with more respect and kidness it can go a long way mate. Be human

Ivan Cvitanovic #: When you reply with more respect and kidness it can go a long way mate. Be human

Why should we respond with respect and kindness when the request is for a slave to fix something, because they are too lazy to learn and too stingy to pay someone. That is rude, and now how the world works.

Stop being a snowflake, steaming at the slightest heat. When you have answered tens of thousands of questions, then, maybe, you can be respected.

William Roeder #:

Why should we respond with respect and kindness when the request is for a slave to fix something, because they are too lazy to learn and too stingy to pay someone. That is rude, and now how the world works.

Stop being a snowflake, steaming at the slightest heat. When you have answered tens of thousands of questions, then, maybe, you can be respected.

Because we cannot arbitrarily decide whether or not a user of the metaquotes's ecosystem (a company with financial interest in its ecosystem) should be scorn and probably form a negative opinion about the ecosystem whether its due to being a snowflake , or young , or inexperienced or unfamiliar with the ecosystem . 

The purpose of the community of mql5.com is to attract interest in the platforms and any subsequent services mq deploys . If i go in a tae kwon do class , and start reciting poetry of the 15th century wearing a wig they will inform me that the tae kwon do ring is not the place to do that . Similarly , this community is not a place where i can let off some steam in a negative way and vent my anger on fellow users under the wing of my high rating or the moderators being busy or careless . I know its hard , i've vented many a times , it is really absurd sometimes but it will only hurt the ecosystem . The most respectable route is to not engage in such occasions and i'm saying that having engaged myself many times.

Allow me a simplification : the more mq's ecosystem thrives the longer we'll be allowed to practice this little fun hobby of ours.

😇 🖤

Lorentzos Roussos #: Because we cannot arbitrarily decide whether or not a user of the metaquotes's ecosystem (a company with financial interest in its ecosystem) should be scorn and probably form a negative opinion about the ecosystem whether its due to being a snowflake , or young , or inexperienced or unfamiliar with the ecosystem . The purpose of the community of mql5.com is to attract interest in the platforms and any subsequent services mq deploys . If i go in a tae kwon do class , and start reciting poetry of the 15th century wearing a wig they will inform me that the tae kwon do ring is not the place to do that . Similarly , this community is not a place where i can let off some steam in a negative way and vent my anger on fellow users under the wing of my high rating or the moderators being busy or careless . I know its hard , i've vented many a times , it is really absurd sometimes but it will only hurt the ecosystem . The most respectable route is to not engage in such occasions and i'm saying that having engaged myself many times.

Allow me a simplification : the more mq's ecosystem thrives the longer we'll be allowed to practice this little fun hobby of ours. 😇 🖤

Humans (and other animals, and nature itself) only learn and grow through hardship and adversity. This is fact and and can be seen all throughout history.

No one is saying that one should be violent or aggressive, but spoon-feeding and giving people ready-made solutions, will not help them. It will only make them weaker and less intelligent. They will not learn, nor grow, nor become self-sufficient.

We see this in current times, where any little difficult thing has younger people running to complain that it is unfair. They have no backbone, no strength to face things and overcome them.

Skill and knowledge, are only gained through effort and dedication, by gaining experience, by doing, by struggling, by failing and repeating until one succeeds.

Taking the easy way out only creates useless brats, that sometimes become delinquents (if not worse).

Reason: