Do you have a solution for the flickering problem encountered when writing ZIGZAG type indicators on MT5? Is it a logic problem for MT5 to render the indicator buffer? - page 6

Alain Verleyen #:

Please don't infer what I studied or not.

I am here to help and check MT5/mql5 bugs before forwarding them to Metaquotes developers.

You are claiming there is an issue with MT5 in some circumstances, if it's the case I am asking you to provide all the relevant information to fix it.

I have asked almost 10 times, still you don't want to collaborate, you don't want MT5 to be improved obviously.

So what do you want here ?

Because I am tired of being asked, this is obviously a very simple BUG.

But question it again and again.

Doesn't a flickering GIF prove it's flickering?

Did I say that the rendering mechanisms of MT5 and MT4 are different, don’t you know?

Do I have to cooperate like a prisoner to take out the index code of my secret algorithm for everyone to study?

For this reason, I compromised and used the ZIGZAG code that comes with the system to do a demonstration. I will flash, but another friend on the forum replied that he has no problem. Should I continue to accept the inspection?

At the same time I will use my indicator code to give up using OnCalculate to improve this problem, I just came to find a solution, and I found my solution, because there is a clever #1 that I solved at once, which has troubled me for a long time long time question.

Also in the reply, there are people who have encountered the same problem, this is not my problem, thank you.

You can test it. This simple modification of the ZIGZAG of the system only adds a price display label. In my reasonable ZIGZAG, it will be displayed for a while and not for a while. If you don’t flash, what should I continue to prove?

Kaijun Wang #:

It's very simple, just add the display of these two Objects, and it will flicker when OnCalculate runs.

As I mentioned at the beginning of today, the one that does not contain any OBject just has enough calculations, and it will keep flickering.

I'm going to work on other things first, refer to my previous screenshots.   #12

i have seen the flickering problem and i will be posting full code soon when i get time to explore my hard risk.

Kaijun Wang #:

Because I am tired of being asked, this is obviously a very simple BUG.

But question it again and again.

Doesn't a flickering GIF prove it's flickering?

Did I say that the rendering mechanisms of MT5 and MT4 are different, don’t you know?

Do I have to cooperate like a prisoner to take out the index code of my secret algorithm for everyone to study?

For this reason, I compromised and used the ZIGZAG code that comes with the system to do a demonstration. I will flash, but another friend on the forum replied that he has no problem. Should I continue to accept the inspection?

At the same time I will use my indicator code to give up using OnCalculate to improve this problem, I just came to find a solution, and I found my solution, because there is a clever #1 that I solved at once, which has troubled me for a long time long time question.

Also in the reply, there are people who have encountered the same problem, this is not my problem, thank you.

You can test it. This simple modification of the ZIGZAG of the system only adds a price display label. In my reasonable ZIGZAG, it will be displayed for a while and not for a while. If you don’t flash, what should I continue to prove?

Your situation is not tragic, but comical.

Since you stubbornly talk about the problem, but do not provide any evidence, except for screenshots and animations, from which nothing follows. It is obvious to everyone that this behavior is your semantic error, which is easy to fix. But in order to do this, you need to provide code that reproduces this error. Nobody needs your super secret code, just reproduce the bug without the secret code. That's what everyone does.

Nikolai Semko #:

Your situation is not tragic, but comical.

Since you stubbornly talk about the problem, but do not provide any evidence, except for screenshots and animations, from which nothing follows. It is obvious to everyone that this behavior is your semantic error, which is easy to fix. But in order to do this, you need to provide code that reproduces this error. Nobody needs your super secret code, just reproduce the bug without the secret code. That's what everyone does.

You are wrong, the evidence refers to the index of the system ZIGZAG change I posted above, I have provided the complete code at that time.. But the friend said he had no problem at the time, so I didn’t want to continue this topic at the time. Because I have already noticed MT5 has higher requirements on the system. Although its rendering mechanism is different, I can't change it temporarily, and their programmers can't change it either.

Otherwise, the same MT4->MT5, although it brings powerful functions, but because of many internal mechanisms and framework changes, they are different products.

It was the first time I came to speak to ask for help. At that time, I did not have a good solution. At the same time, because customers had relatively high requirements for MT5 at that time, they all responded that I needed to solve this flickering problem, so I came to seek everyone’s help. Thankfully when I first posted, #1 inspired me to solve it. The solution is so simple, but funny.

Let me ask, I run the code in the indicator, but I have to give up using OnCalculate to solve this problem. Doesn’t this prove that the design of MT5’s ZIGZAG has a relatively big problem?

I also think I am funny, maybe I am not suitable to speak on the forum, so I rarely come to the forum.

Arpit T #:

i have seen the flickering problem and i will be posting full code soon when i get time to explore my hard risk.

Thank you.

Kaijun Wang #:

You are wrong, the evidence refers to the index of the system ZIGZAG change I posted above, I have provided the complete code at that time.. But the friend said he had no problem at the time, so I didn’t want to continue this topic at the time. Because I have already noticed MT5 has higher requirements on the system. Although its rendering mechanism is different, I can't change it temporarily, and their programmers can't change it either.

Otherwise, the same MT4->MT5, although it brings powerful functions, but because of many internal mechanisms and framework changes, they are different products.

It was the first time I came to speak to ask for help. At that time, I did not have a good solution. At the same time, because customers had relatively high requirements for MT5 at that time, they all responded that I needed to solve this flickering problem, so I came to seek everyone’s help. Thankfully when I first posted, #1 inspired me to solve it. The solution is so simple, but funny.

Let me ask, I run the code in the indicator, but I have to give up using OnCalculate to solve this problem. Doesn’t this prove that the design of MT5’s ZIGZAG has a relatively big problem?

I also think I am funny, maybe I am not suitable to speak on the forum, so I rarely come to the forum.

55 posts and this topic is completely useless. No code or information to reproduce the issue. The "solution" is not posted either.

A forum is not here to help you and then you keep the information private, to sell it to your customers. The goal is to share code, knowledge and experience, you completely missed the point.

Alain Verleyen #:

55 posts and this topic is completely useless. No code or information to reproduce the issue. The "solution" is not posted either.

A forum is not here to help you and then you keep the information private, to sell it to your customers.

I said the code, and I sent it. But because the friend said at the time that he couldn't see the flickering problem, I don't think it's meaningful to continue the topic.

The code is here, I explicitly said this simple code, on my computer it's flickering.

Alain Verleyen #:

A forum is not here to help you and then you keep the information private, to sell it to your customers. The goal is to share code, knowledge and experience, you completely missed the point.

This flashing demo code is very simple, just add ARROW and LABLE to the system ZIGZAG, not because I didn’t solve the problem, but because you keep asking me repeatedly, but in fact it was solved in the 1# reply plan.

So you ask how to solve it, that is the reply of 1#. If you say that you want to reproduce this problem, you only need to increase the complexity of the calculation in the ZIGZAG of the system and do a simple test.

If after test now, there are still a large number of people who reply that everything is normal and there is no flickering problem.
How should I reply? So in order to avoid unnecessary entanglement, because it may also be related to computer computing power, some people always say it is no problem, and some people say it is flickering, but the inevitable problem exists , although my notebook configuration is not bad, but I have opened a lot of software.
But even if it is related to computer computing power, MT4 will not have this problem.

There is no need to dwell on this topic, the solution is already there.
Reason: