ZigZag indicator disappears

Hi,

Is there any known reason why the ZigZag indicator disappears after a while of being on screen? If I set it on a chart it works, but after a while, if I go away and come back, it has disappeared off the screen. If i remove it and re-attach it, it comes back. Also simply changing the time frame will cause it to re-appear.

I am using the standard ZigZag indicator that comes with MT5, but I have also written my own, based on that indicator, which has exactly the same problem. So it seems that the bug is in the original code, and I have copied whatever bug is causing it into my indicator.

I have also noticed that if you backtest an EA that uses that indicator in visual mode, the indicator will flash on and off. I am assuming that this is the same bug, only viewed at a higher speed. I'm guessing that if I wait, when running the indicator in real-time, that it will eventually re-appear, but I've never waited that long.

Has anybody else experienced this and have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks. 

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

kingkevbo:

Hi,

Is there any known reason why the ZigZag indicator disappears after a while of being on screen? If I set it on a chart it works, but after a while, if I go away and come back, it has disappeared off the screen. If i remove it and re-attach it, it comes back. Also simply changing the time frame will cause it to re-appear.

I am using the standard ZigZag indicator that comes with MT5, but I have also written my own, based on that indicator, which has exactly the same problem. So it seems that the bug is in the original code, and I have copied whatever bug is causing it into my indicator.

I have also noticed that if you backtest an EA that uses that indicator in visual mode, the indicator will flash on and off. I am assuming that this is the same bug, only viewed at a higher speed. I'm guessing that if I wait, when running the indicator in real-time, that it will eventually re-appear, but I've never waited that long.

Has anybody else experienced this and have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks. 

About using zigzag, I have no problem. It always appear on screen. What build your MT5? Mine is 794

achidayat:
About using zigzag, I have no problem. It always appear on screen. What build your MT5? Mine is 794

Mine is 794 too. Having said this now, I left it on overnight and it has not disappeared yet. I will keep an eye on it and report if it happens again.

Thanks. 

Reason: