Do you have a solution for the flickering problem encountered when writing ZIGZAG type indicators on MT5? Is it a logic problem for MT5 to render the indicator buffer? - page 5

Jeepack #:

I came here to say the same thing. If you're drawing a true "zig zag" indicator. The draw type to use is actually DRAW_SECTION (even though it doesn't match the name of the indicator).

There is no reason to use DRAW_ZIGZAG unless you want to have two plotted points on the same bar (vertical line), which you shouldn't have in a typical zig zag indicator anyways.

I had the same problem you have before and never found a solution. But one day I realized that having two plotted points on the same bar made the chart difficult to read because the vertical lines could easily hide candle wicks. So I've never used or needed a ZIGZAG draw type since and I don't have any flickering issues to deal with anymore.

In other words: don't use DRAW_ZIGZAG unless you absolutely need vertical lines in your plot.

You can’t deny the existence of MT5 just because you haven’t encountered it, or you haven’t used it (or it’s just a difference in rendering). Maybe your code’s computational complexity is not to this level, or your computer Have a powerful enough CPU and GPU.

The problem is that under the same computer, MT4 can perform perfectly but MT5 can't. After all, my clients have very diverse computers.

Kaijun Wang #:

You can’t deny the existence of MT5 just because you haven’t encountered it, or you haven’t used it (or it’s just a difference in rendering). Maybe your code’s computational complexity is not to this level, or your computer Have a powerful enough CPU and GPU.

The problem is that under the same computer, MT4 can perform perfectly but MT5 can't. After all, my clients have very diverse computers.

Yes we can deny unproven claims.

This is a technical forum. Please provide the code to prove it or stop it.

Alain Verleyen #:

You are late, I have provided the code.....

Alain Verleyen #:

And it’s not that I found this problem, but many people have similar problems. I haven’t stopped replying now. I just think that although MT5 is more powerful in function, it also has many shortcomings. Does it need to be improved?

Kaijun Wang #:

You are late, I have provided the code.....

Where is it ? You didn't provide any code.

What's your problem to provide it if the problem is MT5, it will be checked and fixed.

EDIT: Seems you provided it, then removed it. Isn't that a proof your code is the problem and not MT5 ?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Do you have a solution for the flickering problem encountered when writing ZIGZAG type indicators on MT5? Is it a logic problem for MT5 to render the indicator buffer?

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.03.07 14:05

I'm unable to recreate your issue. I don't get any flickering. Are there perhaps other conditions that need to be met that cause it?

Please click on image below to view GIF animation.

Alain Verleyen #:

Where is it ? You didn't provide any code.

What's your problem to provide it if the problem is MT5, it will be checked and fixed.

EDIT: Seems you provided it, then removed it. Isn't that a proof your code is the problem and not MT5 ?

And it has been proved that it is not a code problem. A simple experiment has been done. For ZIGZAG under the indicator folder, you can add other ZIGZAG irrelevant codes, it will flash, and the gif has been taken out. But the same code, a friend on the forum said It does not blink, so it proves that this may also be related to the configuration of the computer.

I would like to reiterate my conclusion. With the same code computing power, the refresh of such indicators and controls in MT4 is normal, and MT5 has flickering problems (may be related to the rendering mechanism of MT5 for indicators and control pixels)

Kaijun Wang #:

And it’s not that I found this problem, but many people have similar problems. I haven’t stopped replying now. I just think that although MT5 is more powerful in function, it also has many shortcomings. Does it need to be improved?

If the error doesn't always happen, we can identify which are the conditions that triggers it.

But code is needed for that.

Why are you arguing continuously ? Just provide the code and the conditions where the flickering triggers. Why is that so hard ?

Kaijun Wang #:

And it has been proved that it is not a code problem. A simple experiment has been done. For ZIGZAG under the indicator folder, you can add other ZIGZAG irrelevant codes, it will flash, and the gif has been taken out. But the same code, a friend on the forum said It does not blink, so it proves that this may also be related to the configuration of the computer.

I would like to reiterate my conclusion. With the same code computing power, the refresh of such indicators and controls in MT4 is normal, and MT5 has flickering problems (may be related to the rendering mechanism of MT5 for indicators and control pixels)

Ok then, what is the configuration of the computer where it triggers ?

Alain Verleyen #:

If the error doesn't always happen, we can identify which are the conditions that triggers it.

But code is needed for that.

Why are you arguing continuously ? Just provide the code and the conditions where the flickering triggers. Why is that so hard ?

I stopped talking.

I've found a solution here, I'm not talking non-stop, thanks.

I'm just answering questions.

1# has already given the answer.

I'm just responding to the doubts of many friends who don't know why.

Since you haven't studied these, my explanations or reminders are useless.

(from Google Translate)

Kaijun Wang #:

I stopped talking.

I've found a solution here, I'm not talking non-stop, thanks.

I'm just answering questions.

1# has already given the answer.

I'm just responding to the doubts of many friends who don't know why.

Since you haven't studied these, my explanations or reminders are useless.

(from Google Translate)

Please don't infer what I studied or not.

I am here to help and check MT5/mql5 bugs before forwarding them to Metaquotes developers.

You are claiming there is an issue with MT5 in some circumstances, if it's the case I am asking you to provide all the relevant information to fix it.

I have asked almost 10 times, still you don't want to collaborate, you don't want MT5 to be improved obviously.

So what do you want here ?

Reason: