How to make objects drawn by XY change smoothly (MT4 vs MT5) - page 4

Nikolai Semko:

Vitaly, what video editor do you use for YouTube?
Very cool!
Adobe Premiere Pro?

I wouldn't spare money for Adobe Premier, as well as many others)

Movavi Video Suite. Surprisingly advanced and handy.

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

For Adobe Premier, as for many others, I'd spare the money)

Got it! Thank you!

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

For Adobe Premier, as for many others, I'd spare the money)

I use it too)))) basically everything I need without any frills)

Good day to you all. I am interested in your topic.
I am interested in the speed of execution.
Probably an off-topic question - but it has been mentioned here.
What can be substituted (for speed) for this:

min = ChartGetDouble(0,CHART_PRICE_MIN);
      max = ChartGetDouble(0,CHART_PRICE_MAX);

I really need it!!!

Vladimir Nikolaychuk:

Good day to you all. I am interested in your topic.
I am interested in the speed of execution.
Probably an off-topic question - but it has been mentioned here.
What can be substituted (for speed) for this:

Much needed!!!

Unfortunately, if you need to bind to the regular price-time chart, then it looks like nothing until MQ solves this problem.

But you can disable the staff chart and draw your own, then you form these values yourself.
But that's another story where a lot of complexities arise, including attaching third-party indicators to this kind of chart.

Nikolai Semko:

But that's another story, which raises a lot of complexities, including the attachment of third-party indicators to this kind of chart.

Just complexities? In my opinion, not solvable at all. Or are there really any ways?

In general, the version of my indicator rewritten by iCanvas still leaves much to be desired.

What is interesting, in the tester the indicator made "by old" has no speed problems with scaling at all, but iCanvas slowed down testing and has problems with histogram shift while working, and those tooltips too)

Now the old one doesn't seem so bad, but I'll try to beat the new approach as time goes on.

Working with charts on MT5, loading quotes and deleting objects when deleting an indicator is a pain)

For EAs the MT5 terminal is better, for charts MT4, so far that's my opinion.

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

In general, the version of my indicator rewritten by iCanvas still leaves much to be desired.

What is interesting, in the tester the indicator made "by old" has no speed problems with scaling at all, but iCanvas has slowed down testing and problems with histogram shifting in the process, and those tooltips too)

Now the old one doesn't seem so bad, but I'll try to beat the new approach as time goes on.

Working with charts on MT5, loading quotes and deleting objects when deleting an indicator is a pain)

For EAs the MT5 terminal is better, for charts MT4, so far that's my opinion.

What do you do? Why do you need such a binding - to price via pixels?

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

What is interesting, in the tester the indicator made "by old" has no speed problems with scaling at all, but iCanvas slowed down testing and has problems with histogram shift while working, and those tooltips too)

For EAs the MT5 terminal is better, for charts MT4, that's my opinion so far.

Try to output/update kanvas no more than 30 times per second

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

For EAs the MT5 terminal is better, for charts MT4, that's my opinion so far.

Aleksei Beliakov:

Try to output/update kanvas no more than 30 times per second

Yes, Alexey is right.
It's the specifics of kanvas in the tester.
It was discussed here:
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/364640/page12#comment_21303258

Canvas vs Labels
Canvas vs Labels
  • www.mql5.com
Представляю вниманию форумчан сравнение скорости работы дисплеев для вывода текста в чарт, созданных разными способами...
Reason: