What is the difference between a Successful Trader and an average Trader? - page 29

Yury Stukalov:

what everyone here writes is great but to the point

how to evaluate a trading system formulas

expected payoff

average profit / loss

drawdown

please complete the list and stick the formula to each if not difficult

I think it is like this

(trading period in days)*(profit %)/(261*(maximum % risk))

the higher the number the better

Yury Stukalov:

what everyone here writes is great but to the point

how to evaluate a trading system formulas

expected payoff

average profit / loss

drawdown

Please complete the list and stick the formula to each of them if you don't mind

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1838 - here is a good article on the subject.

Как правильно выбрать торговый сигнал для подписки. Пошаговое руководство
Как правильно выбрать торговый сигнал для подписки. Пошаговое руководство
  • www.mql5.com
Торговля на финансовых рынках — это достаточно крупная область деятельности, в которой работают много людей и много ценных активов. Для успешной торговли в выбранном вами сегменте рынка требуется активная работа по его изучению, последующей разработке своей торговой системы, наконец, выработка в себе навыков железной дисциплины и хладнокровия...

Renat Akhtyamov:

it seems to me that

(trading period in days)*(% profit)/(261*(maximum % risk))

the higher the number the better

thanks

who knows any other formulas?

Yury Stukalov:

how to evaluate a trading system with formulas

When evaluating, the fewer numbers the better. For myself I've got two figures: the percentage of profit and percentage of winning trades. It's shown as a four-digit number. If the figure is 7070 and higher - this is the ideal figure with low drawdown and almost straight balance line to the sky. If 5060, it means that more than half of the trades are in profit, but the system is at breakeven level (on average, the loss of one position is greater than the profit). If you adjust, a very handy thing for a quick evaluation:

//возвращает 4 цифры: первые две - процент полученной прибыли, вторые две - процент выигрышных сделок
double OnTester()
   {   
   return((int)MathMin((TesterStatistics(STAT_GROSS_PROFIT)-TesterStatistics(STAT_GROSS_LOSS)>0?int(TesterStatistics(STAT_GROSS_PROFIT)*100/(TesterStatistics(STAT_GROSS_PROFIT)-TesterStatistics(STAT_GROSS_LOSS))):0),99)*100+
         (int)MathMin((TesterStatistics(STAT_TRADES)>0?int(TesterStatistics(STAT_PROFIT_TRADES)*100/TesterStatistics(STAT_TRADES)):0),99));
   }

Roman:

Due to possible technical errors in the terminal, the history may distort the actual result. Now I don't trust the history in the terminal at all.
For example now on the latest release and beta, indicators are broken completely, I'm preparing material to report errors in rendering and arbitrary behaviour.

logical error

lost direction of movement

Renat Akhtyamov:

logical error

the direction of travel is lost

I don't quite understand your text, in this context.
The terminal is completely broken, it is impossible to work. i.e. development has stopped completely.
To be honest, I'm tired of constantly catching bugs and begging for them to be fixed.

Roman:

I don't quite understand your text, in this context.
The terminal is completely broken, it is impossible to work. i.e. development has stopped completely.
To be honest, I'm tired of catching bugs all the time and begging to get them fixed.

I mainly use MT-4.

I have no problems.

Reason: