What is the difference between a Successful Trader and an average Trader? - page 25

Renat Akhtyamov:

it's not delta....

Take a closer look.

there are real volumes

Options have delta, theta, gamma. You hedge on delta.
I know there are option levels, I pulled them from the reports on the website.
These levels didn't work for me, it's not right.

Roman:

Options have delta, theta, gamma. You hedge on the delta.
I know there are option levels, I pulled them from reports on the website.
These levels do not work for me, they are not the right ones.

Are you interested in currency levels?

I would like to learn. (May be, there is easier information? ) Do you know anything? I understand that you know CME well.

More specifically: Rus/Eng, preferably Russian. :) And it had to be written in a structured and clear manner. Without academic tediousness.

If anyone has information, please send me a link or the name of the book. In LU better.

Thank you.

tamagucci:

Were you interested in the currency ones?

If my memory serves me right, the currency ones were kind of fuzzy.
That is, they were not clearly visible and there was a lot of noise.
I was more interested in oil prices, they had clear levels, you could even see how they were grid-driven.

There is a lot of information about option levels on the web.
I have something on my computer, I'll upload it to the cloud and send it to you in person.

Roman:

If my memory serves me right, they were kind of fuzzy on the currency ones.
In other words, they were not clearly visible, there was a lot of noise.
I looked more at the oil levels, they were clear, you could even see how they were grid-driven.

There is a lot of information about option levels on the web.
I had something on my computer, I'll upload it to the cloud and send it to my personal account.

They're all in a grid.

Renat Akhtyamov:

They're all over the place.

Well basically yes, option strategies don't consist of one option, butterflies, condors, bull/bear spreads etc.
So basically everyone bunches up at the same levels ))

I mean, they were less noticeable on the currency ones, and on oil, every 5 quid by strike, I don't remember exactly how they were standing.

Roman:

Well basically yes, option strategies don't consist of one option, butterflies, condors, bullish/bearish spreads etc.
That's why basically everyone bunches up on the same levels ))

I mean, they were less noticeable on foreign exchange, but on oil, clearly every 5 quid by strike, I don't remember exactly how they stood.

strikes are not levels

my picture does not show 50 pips

and i also wrote that the picture is only in the evening

It's different from morning to evening

I have to look at it dynamically

all of these indices are just for the sake of understanding, not for the sake of having a signal from them in the future

Renat Akhtyamov:

Strokes are not levels.

It's not 50 pips on my picture for some reason.

and i also wrote that the picture is only in the evening

It's different in the morning and into the evening

you have to look at the dynamics

all of these indulgences are just for the sake of figuring out

Man, Rena, the premium, volume and OI stand on strikes )) don't be stupid. Then you calculate the level from the premium and the strike.
In the evening, what time zone? If cis, then clearly in the morning, the market opens, volume starts to appear, the strategy is activated.

Roman:

Shit, Rena premium and OI on strikes )) don't be stupid. Then you calculate the level from the premium and the strike.
What time zone is it? If the cis, then clearly the americans have morning, the market opens, the volume starts to appear, the strategy kicks in.

What are you trying to tell me, the basics?

If you're good at it, what's econometrics got to do with it ?

it's that with all this understanding, there's still a misunderstanding.

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

What are you trying to tell me, the basics?

If you're good at it, then what's econometrics got to do with it?

;)

You know it all, you just get confused sometimes.
What have options got to do with it?) econ is for other models, although if you think about it you can put the MO there as well, I haven't really gone into options.
I used them as a hedging tool when the meat was closed two or three days in a row.

Roman:

What do you need me to tell you? You know everything, you just get confused sometimes.
What do options have to do with it?) econ is for other models, although if you think about it you can put a Moe there as well, I didn't go too deep into options.
I used it as insurance tool for hedging when meat was limited for two or three days in a row.

There are no other models, there's only one and it's unique and there's no way to get confused

Otherwise people will start shoeing the market and not the other way round.

That's why all the markets are made to fit the same mold.

that's also why I don't understand when they start praising one market or the other

it's all the same, 100%.

Reason: