Looking for patterns - page 192

Uladzimir Izerski:

The last stick of the zigzagdoes not help indetermining the trend direction.

It is important to know the combination of the tops and troughs of the z igzag in order todetermine the directionof the trend.

The combinations of zigzag topsand troughs form the patterns by which market character is determined.

I haven't spent a lot of time studying this process for nothing.

This is the TF D1, and the considered scale is weekly. Each knee of the zigzag has its own characteristics. A price portrait ( pattern ) is made of these characteristics based on the principle of AI.

It is possible to look at the price in any range and define the portrait. All characteristics of the bends are exactly observed on the monthly or monthly charts.

I can draw the pattern number without looking at the chart. That's how the zigzag works.

Do your patterns consist of the last 6 extrema of the zigzag? 3 upper and 3 lower? Do you use knee ratio analysis?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

What the ...

An up-trend(from English:up-trend). In such a trend, each subsequent peak (maximum) and trough (minimum) is higher than the previous ones.

Adown-trend is a sequence of descending peaks and t roughs.

The Zig-Zag is a combination of tops and bottoms.

Conclusion: a Zig-Zag is an indicator by which one can determine the trend direction.

You beat me to it, I was about to write the same thing too. He's a strange man. You essentially put him on his back, and he kept floundering even after that, trying to keep a good face on a bad game).

Vitaly Muzichenko:

What the ...

An up-trend(from the English word"up-trend"). In such a trend, each subsequent peak (maximum) and trough (minimum) is higher than the previous ones.

Adown-trend is a sequence of descending peaks and t roughs.

The Zig-Zag is a combination of tops and bottoms.

Conclusion: The Zig-Zag is an indicator, by which we can determine the trend direction.

Here/there is a gathering of good developers, and not the latest algorithmicists

The Zig-Zag (and the whole zig-zag family) as an indicator is made to work in real time, with all the corresponding advantages and disadvantages.
It shows something there as quickly as it knows how, and it is a "greedy" algorithm - the first fit is considered correct.

To work with history, what the Zig-Zags have shown requires adjustments.

The "trend" as a market reality is indicated in the vicinity of ZZ, and never coincides with it. Because the trend (more or less) can be seen post factum,
and zigzags are not only wrong due to "real time" but also include volatility.

If we denote trend/trend change as a broken line based on ZZ, we should draw it more "compressed" and a bit to the left/early of a zigzag.

It is impossible to detect a trend change in time solely on the basis of ZZ.

This refers only to algorithms (i.e. temperature charts are also relevant),
and in order to trade we should add physics to it, i.e. what we know about financial markets

khorosh:

Do your patterns consist of the last 6 extrema of the zigzag? 3 upper and 3 lower? Do you use knee ratio analysis?

Yes. Yes.

What are the strengths of ZZ?

It allows you to see the future price behaviour.

ZZ knees are essentially almost waves which have their oscillations in combination with each other.

There are impulse waves and there are corrective waves. Their combination will help to identify exactly ZZ. From this we can predict the nature of the price, whether it is a trend or a flat.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

here/there is a gathering of good developers, and not the latest algorithmicists

Zig-Zag (and the whole zig-zag family) as an indicator is made for real time operation, with all its respective advantages and disadvantages.
It shows something there as quickly as it can, and it is a "greedy" algorithm that considers the first fit to be correct.

To work with history, what the Zig-Zags have shown requires adjustments.

The "trend" as a market reality is indicated in the vicinity of ZZ, and never coincides with it. Because the trend (more or less) can be seen post factum,
and zigzags are not only wrong due to "real time" but also include volatility.

If we denote trend/trend change as a broken line based on ZZ, we should draw it more "compressed" and a bit to the left/early of a zigzag.

It is impossible to detect a trend change in time solely on the basis of ZZ.

This only applies to algorithms (i.e. temperature charts are also relevant),
and to trade it you should also add physics, i.e. what do you know about financial markets

Oh, the programmer has made a good point :) just in a more technical language, knowing the formula for the zig-zag and fractal you understand that these indicators are not the best ones for trend prediction and you learn about the change of the trend after it happens

Sounds delusional "trend forecasting", the market is always trending ), you just have to change the scale, so it's a pointless exercise "forecasting trends".

VVT:

Knowing the formula for zig-zag and fractal, you understand that these indicators are far from being the best at predicting a trend

The trend can be determined by TREND INDICATORS...

Zig-Zag and Fractal have nothing to do with trend indicators.

Serqey Nikitin:

A trend can be identified by TREND INDICATORS...

Which is what I wanted to explain

Serqey Nikitin:

A trend can be identified by TREND INDICATORS...

I can tolerate and even smile at your statement)))

Reason: