Looking for patterns - page 151

The market is the market .

Veniamin Skrepkov:
The market is the market .

That's as much as I expected to hear from you.

Good luck in the trade

I don't like lengthy conversations about the market. How to properly explain the concept of a trend. I will say one thing, you will say another, the other guys will see it, and there will be a bazaar for another 20 pages of useless conversation. I think everybody knows how the market works, financial and forex.

I am more interested in specific applied things, statistically repeatable regularities. That's what I'm ready to talk about.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I don't like lengthy conversations about the market. How to properly explain the concept of a trend. I will say one thing, you will say another, the other guys will see, and then there will be another 20 pages of useless talk. I think everybody knows how the market works in general, financial and forex.

I am more interested in specific applied things. Statistically recurring patterns. I am ready to talk about it.

In principle, I understand your desire to learn from other traders their trading methods

or what patterns they trade on.

You will use this information to make your products and put them on sale for fifty bucks a pop.

No offence meant.

There is for example a pattern that the price always updates its lows and highs.

))))) Also, the price moves up and down as well as constantly to the right on the chart))))

And here's what specific "patterns" the price moves in,

I will not explain here.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I have found this thing, not a pattern yet, but a favourite price behaviour. When the volatility subsides, for example in the evening, the price approaches some round value and starts crossing it back and forth. These are not isolated examples, but a lot.

This is called consolidation. Determining it was the first thing my daughter and I did. It always happens when the direction of further movement is unclear to the market participants: at the end of the day, or before any important news. The form of the consolidation plays a huge role. If it is symmetric (a decaying sine wave, for silly radio operators to understand), then no one expects anything, but everyone is afraid of a sharp movement somewhere. Unsymmetrical consolidation is much more informative. If the amplitude decreases, but the price hits a horizontal level, the market expects a breakdown of that level. The classic "Three Indians" pattern always works. Circular values have nothing to do with it, about that in the next lesson.

No, it's a little different. Those fifty-cent products aren't interesting at all. I don't know why I keep them myself. Nobody wants it, including me. Maybe I'll give them away for free or put them away altogether, I don't know yet.

It's not about that. I'm telling you what I know, too. And I don't try to ferret it out. You can tell me if you want to. But if we're going to talk, it's better to talk about something specific than just like that.

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

But the essence (pattern) of price movement will remain the same.

Explain your view of the problem...

If the "pattern remains the same", then why do Expert Advisors stop working profitably?

Because we were adjusting the Expert Advisor to that pattern, which hasn't changed ... and the result is a BLEEP...

Serqey Nikitin:

Explain your view of the problem...

If the "pattern remains the same", then why do EAs stop working profitably?

After all, the Expert Advisor was set up for this pattern, which hasn't changed ... and the result is a BLEEP...

A problem?)) What problem? I don't have a problem. It's OK)))

The pattern didn't change but the volatility did.

Imagine yourself in the market place. Can you?

Aleksandr Yakovlev:

There is a pattern, for example, that price always updates its lows and highs

Yes, indeed, there is such a pattern. When the price returns to the previous extremum after some time, the probability of revising that extremum increases. I even calculated it once; it is possible to try to make a script, I need to think how.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Yes indeed, there is such a pattern. When the price returns to the previous extremum after some time, the probability of that extremum being updated increases. I even counted it once, you can try to make a script, I need to think how.

Don't bother. You will waste your life time. It's not worth it.

Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Приказы на проведение торговых операций оформляются ордерами. Каждый ордер имеет множество свойств для чтения, информацию по ним можно получать с помощью функций Идентификатор позиции, который ставится на ордере при его исполнении. Каждый исполненный ордер порождает сделку, которая открывает новую или изменяет уже существующую позицию...
Reason: