Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 7

zfs:
I have heard about Brazil, America and China. It's a shame about my homeland, Russian software, after all).
RTS and the Ukrainian one not enough for you? :)

Will there be any changes to the tester? Particularly interested in the possibility of using your own optimisation criteria.

sergeev:

What do you think? There is an OOP, so there will be a tank and a helicopter at least.

But couldn't they have done it before? they were lazy :)

О ! Kudos and respect.

It's very important for me. All my groundwork for the last year was based precisely on the Standard Library. In my opinion, its classes have a very well-thought-out architecture, it's very helpful in writing agile systems. I was very frustrated by the fact that MT5 supports very few brokerage companies - only a handful. If MT4 will understand the Standard Library - then virtually all developments can be used in MT4 - the only difference will be where there is work with positions.

With MT4++ the MT5 platform, as it seems to me, will not be supported by most brokerage companies for a long time.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартная библиотека
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартная библиотека - Документация по MQL5

Renat:

hrenfx, don't push.

You are out of touch with the competition and the development. Your complaints are well known, your bile has been seen, there is nothing worthwhile. If we make a plane, there will be no less criticism from your brother.

I do not agree with all arguments of hrenfx, however I personally chose MT5 solely for its OOP and Standard Library.

I really wish that when introducing OOP into MT4++, as many interfaces of Standard Library classes as possible would be preserved (ideally all except for Trade classes like CTrade, CPositionInfo, relating directly to netting).

By the way, the same old spreadsheet he's talking about is all about custom history - in MT5 you can still emulate - just by taking advantage of those features.

• www.mql5.com
Стандартная библиотека - Документация по MQL5

Will Debugger appear in MetaEditor4?

I don't think they said that a couple of pages ago...

sergeev:
RTS and Ukrainian not enough for you? :)

I don't give a shit about Ukrainian, to be honest with you... I'm only willing to accept hryvnias)

I see only derivatives.

Does this update mean that programs can now be written in a mixed language? Or only mql4 or only mql5?

denkir:
А Дебугер появится в MetaEditor4?

By the way, yes !

Another huge plus of MT5 is the debugger.

Even though it doesn't work on historical data - it's a great help when writing complex software structures.

Vladon:
I don't think they said that a couple of pages ago...
Searched and searched. Couldn't find...
Reason: