How sad it is...

The MQL5 trading robots are very popular with traders, so I traded in MQL5 for more than a year, out of necessity (my broker has only MT5) and adapted some of my trading robots to MT5.
I liked MQL5 so much that I haven't even had the slightest intention to return to it during a year.
However, due to some criticism I faced, I decided to find out whether the language developers have improved the situation or someone has written something in MQL5 that I can envy.
I opened the "Library" and looked through the entire first page (with compilation and installation on a chart).
Solid disappointment... I'd be ashamed to print such a thing, and this "thing" got a lot of stars...
Am I that stupid and misunderstanding something? Or is it just a load of worthless crap... in the free codes? Why? Diagnosis "graphomania"?

What specifically killed (well, okay, let them not publish genius creations for free - I understand), so in any work I have not seen a single normal Graphical interface.
I don't understand it. I can't imagine how you can get along without GUI. It's not only operational control in a split second, but also a constant reminder of the current settings (which is difficult to keep in mind when you work on a dozen accounts).

Please tell me I'm wrong, I just haven't found what I was looking for.

You're just in a bad mood today.

- I think you're not the only one.

Vasily Temchenko:

Ah, what a pity.)

Vasily Temchenko:
So do it. Write something normal in the kodobase

Vasily Temchenko:

Am I so stupid and don't understand something ? Or is it just a bunch of worthless crap... they publish in free codes? Why? Diagnosis "graphomania"?

What specifically killed (well, okay, let them not publish genius creations for free - I understand), so in any work I have not seen a single normal Graphical interface.
I don't understand that one. I can't imagine how you can get along without GUI. It's not only operational control in a split second, but also a constant reminder of the current settings (which is difficult to keep in mind when you work on a dozen accounts).

And the Canvas theme is cool !- Have you seen it?

What else do you want in a GUI ?

Personally, I don't see the point of a GUI for robots at all... I don't care if you have a hundred accounts...

There was a guy called Peter Konov - he was an apologist for the "importance of GUIs" - he was proposing all sorts of interfaces... And something without much success...

Canvas - это круто!
Canvas - это круто!
  • www.mql5.com
Поставил себе задачу: коротким кодом эффектно продемонстрировать возможности пользовательской графики через класс CCanvas...

Georgiy Merts:

Personally, I don't see the point of a GUI for robots at all...

+1000

Vasily Temchenko:

More than a year ago I got into MQL5 by dire necessity (broker only had MT5) and adapted some of my robots to MT5.
I liked MQL5 so much that I haven't had the slightest intention to return to it during a year.
However, due to some criticism I faced, I decided to find out whether the language developers have improved the situation or someone has written something in MQL5 that I can envy.
I opened the "Library" and looked through the entire first page (with compilation and installation on a chart).
Solid disappointment... I'd be ashamed to print such a thing, and this "thing" got a lot of stars...
Am I that stupid and misunderstanding something? Or is it just a load of worthless crap... in the free codes? Why? Diagnosis "graphomania"?

I don't understand it. I can't imagine how you can get along without GUI. It's not only operational control in a split second, but also a constant reminder of the current settings (which is difficult to keep in mind when you work on a dozen accounts).

Please read here:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5?

Renat Fatkhullin, 2019.02.08 23:07

I want to bring you closer to reality given the discussions of the thread What should be done to make everyone finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions):

1. MetaTrader 5 is faster in trading

The architecture of 5 is an order of magnitude more efficient than 4. All processes are re-engineered to allow trading with minimal delays.

With (or without) asynchronous operations you can achieve a maximum of several thousand trades per second. Everything is built for speed, including the prioritization of trades.

It's not even close to be done in 4.

2. In MetaTrader 5 robots run up to 20 times faster

This is because 5 uses a C++ level compiler that makes the code extremely efficient. F4 uses the old runtime system without code optimisation.

Faster speed means reduced latency and improved execution quality.

3. In MetaTrader 5 you can handle huge amounts of data

Those who are engaged in deep development know the size of the data stored in the directories of the five. There are often tens of gigabytes of historical data, including the full tick data.

Five's storing and displaying full tick data is a non-excludable feature. Do not make a mistake in thinking that because the tick data is not shown on the chart, it means that it does not exist.

Here is a simple code run on a real account at Otkritie broker and the RTS Splice symbol, which is a glue of all the RTS index futures contracts over many years:
    void OnStart()
      {
       MqlTick ticks[];
       int     records=CopyTicks(Symbol(),ticks,COPY_TICKS_ALL,0,1000000000);
    //---
       Print(Symbol()," ticks ",records);   
      }

it produces 472 million ticks:
    RTS Splice ticks 472 111 564

Yes, 472 million ticks in one request. Do what you want with them afterwards.

It gives you absolute control over the data. You can get billions of ticks. Just manage to kick the broker to take care of the historical data. It is HIS DIRECT WORK AND MANDATE.

Two lines of code and full data is in your hands. Who's talking about the complexity of MQL5?

There's no such thing in 4.

4. MetaTrader 5 has a very precise multisymbol tester with millisecond accuracy

This allows you to race very complex strategies and have more guarantee that your strategy is not self-defeating.

You write direct code and the tester takes care of all the complexity of modelling all the variety of the market.

Periodically traders brag that they can write their simple tester many times faster, but it's all at the level of a cheap run of the cycle for bars. Not to mention the complete exclusion of the entire variety of market conditions, instruments and margin requirements.

And we have not only the most detailed modelling, including precise conversion of all profits to the balance sheet currency, but also the collection of all statistical information along with the history of floating equity/equity changes.

This is not even close to what we have in MetaTrader 4.

5. In the MetaTrader 5 tester there is an amazing function of delayed execution accounting

The mode of trading with a given lag allows us to fully disqualify most scalper strategies that are fabulous in the tester, but disastrous in the real trading environment.

Even adding 50-100 ms of delay would be enough to dramatically degrade many strategies.

The power of this function is based on accurate simulation of the market environment, when even Sleep(ms) in the tester works out as in reality. We are able to parallelize the development of the market by creating delays for the Expert Advisor itself, which allows it to perform real execution qualitatively.

Just play with your network delay and increase it a couple of times to test the robustness of your robot. Check the quality of requotes and bounces at the same time.

Do you have it in 4? No, of course not.

6. Five's 64-bit system allows you to operate with a huge amount of charts and deep history.

This is very important when you're doing complex analysis or scanning multiple symbols and timeframes. You can hold and operate thousands of charts (symbol + period) and be sure they are available instantly.

Some traders say that they don't need much and that the paltry data of the fours is enough for them. But in reality the stakes in data analysis are increasing all the time.

My opinion is that the amount of data in a five is still not enough. We are constantly working to improve the efficiency and speed of data delivery. We are constantly tuning performance so that huge data is always at hand and quickly available from MQL5.

7. Use of multithreaded tester, calculation and cloud servers

The main cost of strategy development is the optimization of strategies. This is the area where we have invested a lot.

You can use all your local cores, build a calculation farm in your local area or connect the MQL5 Cloud Network. This allows you to speed up optimization by tens or hundreds of times.

8. MetaTrader 5 has stacks and execution on a multitude of gateways

Traders don't know it very well, but MetaTrader 5 has a powerful aggregation system of different liquidity providers and a flexible system of transactions transfer to different providers.

ECN, liquidity aggregation and matching engine allows efficient execution of best price execution strategies and support multiple markets from a single account.

9. Five has no data volume limitation

You can request huge volumes of historical chart data (limit it to 1970) and deal history.

Have a million trades in your account history? Not a problem. Just add more memory.

10. A totally different chart architect and object management

You can manage your chart much more efficiently, and disable the chart altogether for the sake of your builds.

Use the window the way you want with graphical objects or kanvas.

11. Huge Standard Library

Here is the standard library of MQL5. There is maths at the level of R language, data collections, OpenCL, graphics etc.

Most traders are not aware that we have implemented hundreds of mathematical and statistical functions from the R package in the source code. They allow you to do a lot of complex math many times faster (5 to 50 times faster) than what is available in R.

Yes, programs written in MQL5 source code blow the speed of C++ implementation of R by up to 50 times.

12. Custom symbols, custom stacks, synthetic symbols and simple data import

In Five, you can easily create your own symbols, including price stacks. Create them from MQL5 code and feed them into rltime from MQL5 code. You can build synthetic symbols using formulas.

In other words, MetaTrader 5 has long been an independent analytical platform where you can analyse any other data. Any MQL5 program can handle datafeeds.

13. And a lot of other repeatedly described features.

One has to realise that:

• The technology is constantly evolving, and those who stay with the old mantra of sufficiency are left behind.

• Yes, it's a technology race. And first of all for traders

• The MQL4 and MQL5 languages are absolutely the same in complexity

It's really funny to listen to statements about the simplicity of MQL4, when the complexity of MQL5 is exactly the same. THE COMPLEXITY OF MQL5 IS EXACTLY THE SAME.

Or we must admit that a couple of additional parameters is a universal problem for a programmer. No, of course not. This is a beautiful legend for those who are stomping on the old ones.

• I've said it many times and I will say it again - programs are written by professional developers

Less than 2% of users use the code editor. The majority of traders download off-the-shelf stuff from the Market and kodobase without analyzing the code.

The stories about simple MQL4 are exceptionally ridiculous. Discussions about OOP are out of bounds at all, especially since it has been in MQL4 for a long time. Any programmer nowadays must know OOP by default.

Only a sufficiently skilled programmer can create a program of acceptable quality. Don't be fooled by the possibility of "writing acceptable code without programming knowledge".

I have spent 28 years programming on a daily basis and know that my assertion is reality.

• Enough of our technology partners and third party developers are directly interested in keeping MetaTrader 4

Because this platform has so many technology flaws, they have saddled themselves with the add-ons/holes niche and are directly feeding on it.

Yes, they spend a fair amount of resources convincing brokers and traders that "MetaTrader 4 is better". Because their business will collapse. And here they sit under the names of independent traders, working in opposition.

We do not have the ability to fight this aggressively, although we disable particularly zealous and know very well what and how they tell brokers and traders.

For example, remember the outcry that antivirus vendors have been raising for 10 years when Microsoft made their platform more secure and took away their security features. Just righteous anger and a lot of PR.

• Progress is unstoppable.
And there:

Что нового в MetaTrader 5?
Что нового в MetaTrader 5?
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader 5 build 2280 Terminal Исправлена ошибка, не позволявшая удалить эксперта с графика, для которого нет данных. Исправлено отображения заголовков графиков при работе под Wine.Ускорена загрузка и компиляция MQL5 программ. Теперь при двойном клике на графике MQL5-программе передается событие одиночного клика. Ранее такие события не...

Georgiy Merts:

Personally, I don't see the point of a GUI for robots at all... You can work in a hundred accounts...

+100500

TheXpert:
So do it. Write something good in kodobaza.
I have written there (yet) only one - a variation on the theme "The dollar index as an indicator in my terminal" - many views and downloads, although there are some lapses in the work, I will correct it somehow.
I will write as soon as I will overcome my aversion to MT5.
But first I will check on the subject: "Does the graphical interface work in the tester? I had a year it categorically did not work - I could press buttons, although through the bum, but input fields did not work. Plus the MT5 tester itself really "impressed" me.

Georgiy Merts:

And the Canvas theme is cool !- Have you seen it?

I didn't bother clicking the link and... I didn't ask about the circus. I did not look any further. The presentation of the work seemed more than enough to me. I did not even read the text below the insistent video.

Vasily Temchenko:

Don't be lazy, click the link and... I didn't ask about the circus. I didn't look any further. The presentation of my work seemed more than enough. I didn't even bother to read the text below the insistent video.

Not a "circus", but a demonstration of the possibilities of graphics.

That is, you complain about the lack of something that has long been there, but no one has done anything for you - you have to make the effort yourself...
And it's another disgust that prevents you from looking any further.

Do you read the reference as well? I looked at the table of contents, felt disgust, and did not read it :D

Consumerist attitude. I see.

Reason: